JP PAD Tier Lists

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by Redux, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Redux

Redux pure

Below are a starting roll tier list and an overall tier list separated by color. Keep in mind, The starting roll tier list generally factors in friend finding, early game, and how non-iap friendly or powerful a leader becomes if a key sub was rolled. On the other hand, the overall tier list instead is based on overall strengths with nothing restricted except practicality.

The overall list has a tab for leader and a separate sub rating for each monster. I've found the resources to be very useful and to be taken in mind despite some minor differences in monster availability between NA and JP. Links are below Google translated for those that can't read Japanese.

Starting Roll Tier List

Overall Tier List

Also, a funny tier list derived from an archived 2ch thread. I personally agree with Rodin and a savescumming Anubis as SS tier.

I hope the tier lists are somewhat helpful when seeking help on monsters' strengths. No tier list is perfect though, so use it for reference to form your own opinions.

2. Seym

Seym Sparkle, Sparkle, Sunshine!

User ID:
    321 983 244
    It's interesting to see that beelzebub is considerer the best dark lead! I guess it has to do with the fact that Beelzebub X Ronia is really good for challenge dungeon lv10.
    Him pairing with Sonia in a hypermax team is one of the strongest team in the game and is also really non iap friendly.

3. Vorpal

Vorpal Ded

I should have gone with Ronia/Beelz for C9 instead of RoBu. I feel so dumb.

4. Dando

Dando Well-Known Member

They rate Ame much more fairly than americans do but they overrate Perseus and Haku and stuff like that. I absolutely would not agree with them saying Perseus/Pandora is a better starting roll than Osiris for example. Their reroll list seems worse than the american one because they must be assuming everyone will IAP a bunch, otherwise you can't justify putting Heroes in the top tier. It's hard to compare these since they clearly are using different criteria.

Their overall tier list seems reasonable to me. The japs put a lot more weight on farming ability than we do. I think they get less carried away with overkill damage and "optimal teams" and realize that most of pad is farming and so monsters like ROdin that let you farm faster are very very valuable just for that single purpose.

They're wrong about Hathor vs Osiris though and I'll argue about that point.

edit: I actually like the 2ch list even though it said Kirin and LMeta are bad and it hurt my feelings by calling Lakshmi industrial waste

5. Infinity1176

Infinity1176 lf hkali

User ID:
    338 108 334
    PADherder:
    link
    why is horus still so far up and U&Y should at least be on the best list for starters if Kali is included

6. icebarrier

icebarrier ~(=w=)~

PADherder:
    link
    Hakus pretty good shes earned her spot.

7. IAmRyan

IAmRyan Lurker

User ID:
    I am a firm believer that Haku is top tier.

8. icebarrier

icebarrier ~(=w=)~

PADherder:
    link
  9. HeartlessIndigo

HeartlessIndigo Inactive Member

PADherder:
    link
  10. kumomo

kumomo Noob Staff Member

where's the Osiris vs hathor part your referring to?

11. kumomo

kumomo Noob Staff Member

btw 2ch and twitter are 2 different community, 2ch at times is rather toxic in terms of favoritism (*points satan)

but yes JP player value farming a lot more so they invest on it. watch ppl pour rolls on the up coming murakore fest where top 4 special gods voted will be 4x rates where rodin is almost going to be in it

12. Dando

Dando Well-Known Member

They just put Hathor higher up the list. Only the starting roll list though because on the others they are listed as equal. Like I said, I like the 2ch list even though it is harsh truth for the most part.

13. kumomo

kumomo Noob Staff Member

oh i see it, the reason why hathor rated above Osiris is because there are more believes and evidence at the moment as of Hathor able to tackle more end game challenges, look at their reasoning for each tier. it's debatable as you said, a good hathor party is easier to form compare to Osiris but like i pointed out in another thread down the road with perfect subs and skills combo > color gods

14. Haku-ku-ku

Haku-ku-ku Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    What is this based on?

DD Haku being rated significantly higher than DR as a leader, with all subs available, is absurd.

15. Dando

Dando Well-Known Member

Tbh I am using google translate and I'm good enough at pad names to know that kirin is giraffe and stuff but I have no idea what their reasoning is from what is written. Just drawing conclusions from how I see stuff rated lol

16. Dando

Dando Well-Known Member

Why? 2 extra skill boosts and 2 extra rows is a big deal

17. HeartlessIndigo

PADherder:
    link
    1* extra skill boost and 1* extra row

Dunno, it's probably based off of an ease of activation standpoint.

Easier to activate and more utility as you don't need to put subs in just to satisfy the color reqs (even though tip-tier sub's already satisfy the reqs...)

Something like that <.>

18. magus152

magus152 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I think he was counting both leader and friend leader.

19. HeartlessIndigo

PADherder:
    link
    Indeed <.>

20. ta11geese3

ta11geese3 azure rathalos

Calling it an "overall tier list" isn't accurate when they're separated by colors. I mean, technically it is but stratifying them like that doesn't make for a very interesting list at all.