Just got my account back, what should I do?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by HeartlessIndigo, Aug 9, 2018.

1. HeartlessIndigo

HeartlessIndigo Inactive Member

PADherder:
    link
    So I haven't played in 2 years. I gave my account back a while ago, but just now got it back and I'm basically completely lost as to what to do with anything. Here are some pics of my current box.

http://imgur.com/a/fNV0FUR

What teams should I make and what should I aim for in the immediate future

2. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    Green Sonia (aka Fio) is pretty strong, particularly with your luxury duplicate and general box depth. High hp/durability, should be something you evolve. Can self pair or has various splits.

Kami is also high damage, and split pairs well with a friend Vraska for more robustness and FUA.

Kaede got buffs and is pretty high damage / solid these days, if you enjoy heart cross. The new LS involves clearing more of the board for a higher multipler, but still with heart cross for strong shielding goodness.

Raphael evolves into a clear most of the board for x1024 multipler lead. May not be what you run by default, but definitely with evolving into a weapon in the toolbox. No hp modifier, but it's fine running a shield sub like Indra plus the leads actives are still immunity on demand.

Splitting with 6x7 is breezy these days, though I've called out several teams above that can play 5x6 dual lead. Friend Diablos, Mai, and Jhoira are all pretty bananas 6x7 splits running around, it's easy to find a good split for whatever color these days.

What your box is missing is the latest meta/troll effects/solutions around anti-absorb void. Fujin expanded to 7-8 cards that provide antivoid. And VDP awakening can now solve with a 3x3 box to burst through the sibling but different dmg-immunity void. You'll roll one or another for absorb void, or for VDP there are now various super-awakenings on a fair number of older existing cards.

You are also shallow on the several triple 7cc awakening cards that play lulzy damage role sub slots, though they roll pretty easy and aren't per se essential.

Trading post is now a thing.
    If you have spare six star dupes.

Your box is pretty solid. Plenty of good cards and meta compatible leads and subs.

HeartlessIndigo likes this.
  3. HeartlessIndigo

PADherder:
    link
    You're gonna have to translate for me, loll

What's VDP? And what do you mean Fujin expanded to 7-8 cards? I have both Fujin and Lugh who seem to have the same active

What are super awakenings?

Also what cards have the triple 7cc?

And someone suggested I make a Ea team and pair with reeche, that's what I've decided to work on for now, are the other options you mentioned better :eek: ?

I'm looking for something immediate so I can kinda get back into the swing of things. The other stuff will probably happen really slowly as I learn wtf has happened in this game

EDIT: what's FUA?

also what's this *boss drops +99* dungeon O_O? Is it farmable and do I have a team that can beat it : O

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  4. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ea x Reeche is definitely good. I think Fio (Gronia) may be capable of more content, but much more slowly and with a lot more investment. Kami is strong and mindless, but not very flexible for higher end content.

I don't remember if you were around for Fujin's debut, but basically Fujin's active nulls damage absorbs, which (as the name implies) absorb any damage dealt by a single sub above X amount. Noms was saying that now anti-damage absorb actives exist on several cards, not just Fujin.

VDP = Void Damage Piercer, a new awoken skill that counters damage voids, which work exactly like the aforementioned damage absorbs except they block damage above the threshold, rather than absorbing it. If you have a card with a VDP awoken, matching a 3x3 box of that card's color will allow its damage to go through the void, regardless of how much it hits for. Do note that damage void and damage absorb are separate, and what works on one will not affect the other.

Triple 7c is pretty limited right now. Enra, Aife, Cronus, Uranus, and Ideal come to mind. A couple more get 3x7c with SA. Which brings me to...

SA = super awakenings. Certain cards will have "Lvl MAX" written in blue instead of yellow. These cards can be fed a special snow globe, called a super snow globe, to break through the level 99 cap and reach up to level 110. If a card is above level 99, +297, and fully awoken, it may show a little question mark next to the awakenings bar. This means it is eligible for a super awakening. Giving it another 297 (thereby wasting +297) will result in a super awakening, rolling from a batch of 3 possibilities. This can be rerolled as much as you want, costing a 297 each time. They're probably not worth it unless you have a lot of 297s to spare, which you probably won't, having just returned.

I'm curious to hear your Ea x Reeche team, but I think based on the leads it sounds good. Do keep Fio in mind though, you could run Fio/Fio/Ragnarok Dragon/Ragnarok Dragon/Odin Dragon, which is incredibly strong (and everything except the 2 Fios are just MP shop cards). That will take a lot more investment, but once you have a team up and running it's an incredibly strong next project.

5. HeartlessIndigo

PADherder:
    link
    Someone suggested
    Ea, tachi, tachi, trail, dkali, but idk.

Would Ea, Uranus, Dkali, Dkali, tachi work?
    edit: uranus won't work, nvm... But I could put fujin/lugh on him

Also I found out what FUA is! If I want a fua I guess I could replace a dkali with kamimusubi?idk '-'

Also should I assist fujin and lugh onto any of my cards, actually what assists should I use in general. I'm very lost with all this new stuff, lol

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  6. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    That first team looks very solid. Awoken Trailo is a FUA card, so that's perfect. I'd probably prefer that over Uranus or another DKali.

In terms of assists: putting one onto a card is always easily reversible, so don't worry about experimenting there. As for my recommendations, it will depend on the dungeon, but for something like Arena 3, I would put Indra on one Tachi, don't know about second Tachi, maybe DKali over Trail, and Lugh over DKali. Trail's active doesn't really work for your team, hence putting a DKali over it. DKali herself is the lowest CD you have, so putting Lugh there helps get him up in time for Sopdet in A3. Indra is a pretty staple inherit for Tachi because it's just a longer shield, but idk if you'd want 2 of them. Maybe put Rathian equip on the second one?

Which leads me to equips. Certain cards can be evolved into equip evos, which gives them a special equip awakening. Assisting a card with an equip awakening transfers that card's other awakenings onto the base. So for instance, Rathian's equip form, Kralice Rapier, grants the card it's equipped onto 3x poison resist awakenings. It's very useful just for that, and the active is valuable too. So I'd probably put a Kralice Rapier over the second Tachi, and if you have a second maybe put that on Ea? You wouldn't want the one on Ea for the active, so you'd have to remember to use Ea enough that the second active doesn't come up, but having 2 Kralice Rapiers for the 100% poison resist is good.

7. James1605

James1605 Active Member

Here's the PADx page for Star Treasure of the Night Sky . I haven't attempted it myself, because I'm not that confident that I can get through it, and it just doesn't seem worth the trouble. It's 99 stamina and it can't be played co-op, so you can't split the stamina with another player/account, and it seems that the only drop is a +99 King Shynee. I guess 99 stamina for +99 isn't a bad deal (compared to getting +'s from other dungeons), but it just doesn't seem worth it to me. I'm guessing that it can be cleared more than once. I have no idea if you can put together a team that can beat it (I don't know if I can, much less if you can :) ).

Re: Super Awakenings
    Keep in mind that those only work in solo play. They have no effect in co-op.

8. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ah, somehow missed this question. Yeah, the +99 dungeon is pretty tough, so I wouldn't bother yet. The real boss of the dungeon is the Metatron on floor 5, which has pretty crazy high defense. You need a lot to burst through it, which is tough when you still have 4 other floors to deal with.

9. I_Grok

I_Grok Comb the desert

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If you're making a list of useful units to evolve, mine would look something like this:
    Cotton and Ney - damage dealers, cotton has fua, they both can be any base color p
    Lugh and Fujin - damage absorb
    Cronus - triple 7c
    Tachibana and Nohime - 4 color board, 1 turn shield skills with double 7c
    Rathian - equip evo has 3 poison resists
    Kiri and No 6 - each has triple killer awakenings
    Fio and Clea (B & G Sonias) - good leaders, great for s ranking dungeons
    Ea - was mentioned above
    Swordpair - equip evo has co op boost

Also you may want to convert one dkali to the double 7cc version.

I'm sure I missed something...

10. James1605

James1605 Active Member

She doesn't appear to have a shield, so you can just use a defense break. That's generally going to be a lot easier than trying to overwhelm that defense, and handling Meta herself doesn't worry me too much. But the problem is still basically what you said -- Getting through the floors before that, with just a single team, and still having the actives needed at the end to handle Meta.

11. HeartlessIndigo

PADherder:
    link
    Why would I want to keep one dkali as the normal version? I already converted both to the 7cc version. Also I'll look into doing all of that!

Also what leads should I look to roll and or get and whatever? Right now I'm just clearing the challenge dungeons to get stones, but once I have all that stuff done idk what I should do next

edit: beat the 99+ dungeon with the dark ea team I mentioned above. Got lucky with the light mech and lmeta.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  12. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I don't see any reason to use D/R DKali over the 2x7c one.

Right now, most leads are either stuff you have or stuff from collabs that you can't get now. I would save stones, either for beach REM when we get some shiny new cards, or for a super godfest, which is a special 6 or 7 stone REM with all the non-pantheon crap removed. Don't roll June Bride, by the way. There are like 2 good cards, and even they are both stupidly rare and not all that impressive.

13. HeartlessIndigo

PADherder:
    link
    Ok, thanks!

What's the best place for + eggs, is it still that guerilla or is it this new +99?

Same with awakenings, mp, etc. Are the best dungeons for that stuff still the same?

14. I_Grok

I_Grok Comb the desert

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Occasionally (maybe 2 or 3 times total) they'll have a PAL point event where everything that comes out is +15. Not sure when or if that'll happen again.

15. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Unfortunately, with the semi-recent revamp to the GungHo pal egg machine that JP got, it looks like +15 GungHo PEM is gone for good. Technically +30 descends are slightly more stam efficient than this, but overall this +99 is best nowadays. Fast, common, and barely less efficient than the very rare +30 descends.

For MP, rogues are still the best. The best place for Tamas is now the higher difficulty of Tama village, as it now guarantees one Tama for 50 stam, and the babies can be traded for big tamas, 2:1.

16. HeartlessIndigo

PADherder:
    link
    O, how common is the + dungeon? Usually once an event or something else?

17. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Not quite every event, but maybe every 2-3 events. Still very common since there's pretty much always an ongoing event.

18. HeartlessIndigo

PADherder:
    link
    Ok, thanks!

Another question, what's so good about odindra? Should I buy him or save my mp for something more special? I've seen a lot of people suggesting him lately, what suddenly made him so good?

19. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    His active clears all bind and awoken binds, no matter how long. Awoken binds are becoming more and more common, so Odindra is virtually necessary for the highest end content. He also has a 7c in his ult, so he works as a sub pretty much anywhere his colors/typing work. I would probably save your MP though, as we're getting more and more collab awoken bind clears, and there are some good MP cards in GungHo collab, which we should be getting soon.

20. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    Save the mp.

You have a deep enough how to split lead pair with Jhoira friend, who also is a full double clear.

And a couple of the monthlies/ranking challenges have given away MP cards, so the long game for the patient is to collect some of the 300k lesser ones when they're rewards. It's been hit and miss, Plum and Ragnarok were obtainable not too many months ago, randomly, whereas not every card has come up, and it might be some time (years, or never) until a given one does.