Karin Shindou and all those other chronos peeps

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Cheeseghost, May 11, 2019.

1. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    So I know theres been hype for when we get their dark versions...I unfortunately only have karin but I love ameno type playstyles so not too concerned...anybody else excited including for raizer and elena? any team building strategies?

2. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Karin is super good for a5 and probably the best of the bunch as zeta only shines if you have multiples of him.
    Raizer is also super strong but also suffers a little from a restrictive sub pool to get the most out of him.
    Elena is probably the worst of the bunch as being orb hungry and fragile with her of 80% clause. Might be a decent sub for vdp and the active is neat too

3. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

If only Raizer had a te+. I was trying to work out teams for him but they all had no fucking move time so I gave up.
    Elena gets boned by gravities that Edward and Saber don't have to worry about.
    I wish I had Zeta really badly.
    Hopefully they give Noir a solid buff next time around or the red row dude. I actually have those assholes.

4. BurningMan

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah raizer really got a problem with getting te on the team but you can just use the te badge since he has enough hp anyway and with eir to heal doesn't need the rcv badge either

The other characters likely won't get buffed because their game is dead anyway chrono magia just got buffed to promote the game i guess.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
  5. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You don't have Ishida Mitsunari or Guile? Both have TE++. Also, Khonsu I available for 750k with very short CD row maker. I wish I had Raizer as I think I can make good team for him.

6. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Ishida only has 2 fingers and and isn't dark with low HP to start with.
    I don't have guile.

7. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    Of the cards getting UEVOs, the only ones I have on either account are Karin Shindou and Raizer.

I'm not fond of Raizer's new evo. The lack of TEs and restrictive sub pool are deal-breakers for me. And his new active seems pretty niche, although I'm sure I'll figure out somewhere to use it later. I'm slightly hesitant about evolving him because his base form is a solid lead and I have a lot of cool subs for low hp wood teams, e.g. Osiris and Masamune. As for Karin Shindou, I'm bummed that she lost her skill charge, TEs, and a 7c. Killers are nice, but situational so I strongly prefer the original awakenings over two non-matching killer awakenings. She seems pretty cool as a lead, but I'm less interested because I only have her on my alt. I might try pairing her with a strong match 5 lead like Rin Tohsaka on my main. Valkyrie Ciel is also a decent option, but places a healer restriction on Karin Shindou's teams. I don't have Zeta, but the lack of water suicide actives and low hp awakening water cards really sucks.

Overall, the closer the gungho collab super godfest gets, the more I'm tempted to roll minimally and save for a nice collab, a seasonal super godfest, or the first super godfest featuring the detective with the VDP active.

8. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    That's not true at all. Zeta is great with or without dupes. It's nice to have dupes but the team isn't going to be held back without them.

Quick youtube search you can find a ton of teams, without dupes, clearing the hardest content quite easily.

Even this random team really has no issue.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  9. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Will there be a monster exchange? If so, I might trade for Karin just to have a team where I can run fun stuff like Bride Scheat.

Doubt I would change my Elena evo. She's great on Shirou.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  10. BurningMan

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Nope no exchange for some reason

11. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Because the machine also has Fest Exclusive cards.

12. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Yeah that’s what I thought. Eh, okay.

13. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    Do you have paimon? I know its crosses but hes so fun and I run bride scheat for an easy fua cross option..he also blows stuff up..hes my favorite lead currently. I'm excited for karin though I almost made the 2 I had an equip for the skill boost..but now I'll just have my own helper..I used to love ameno, well I still do but I'm excited to have a better multiplier

14. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Nope, no Paimon.

15. sl946

sl946 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Is there a blue suicide other than Zeta himself? I can't think of one off the top of my head. It seems like hp management would be super annoying without dupes, because Zeta doesn't do any real damage unless he's below 50%. And it seems like it would be tough to stay below 50% without at least 1-2 dupes. I don't know; I have never played him, obviously. But my reaction after watching JP videos is that while Zeta is a good lead without dupes, he's not the #1 lead in the game without some dupes. I would probably go with DMeta over Zeta if only had one Zeta. Again, this is just a gut reaction. I don't have any experience playing Zeta, so I could be wrong. But my gut reaction is that the difference in the Zeta and the DMeta LS's isn't enough to justify using Zeta over DMeta (and losing access to suicides like Izanagi, Luci, and DMeta herself) unless you have a couple dupe Zeta's to help you keep your hp's in the right range.

BonerChamp69 likes this.
  16. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Each lead is only 8 turns. It's not like you're stalling all day for one. Just flick an orb to 0c and let the enemy hit you if you don't have one up. The reason Zeta is better than Dmeta is because he makes VDP and even moreso, VDP with a FUA so much easier and only needs to be under 50% for strong damage. Good luck making a VDP, FUA, and 7c with Dmeta. :yuck: That's probably at least 2 actives. Most people struggle with 7c and a FUA. In the newer arenas, those mechanics are present on the most difficult floors. If you aren't running those dungeons, yeah maybe people would prefer Dmeta.

17. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Revo Isis with Izanagi inherit is 6 turns. Between that and 2 leads you should be fine

18. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I don't think there are any water suicide cards with skill that's usable for D.Zeta other than himself. MNoah makes a full water board so it has to be coupled with another active. I think, it'd be best to use Revo AA Lucifer or Revo Izanagi as assist on something with low CD.

19. sl946

sl946 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    How often do you need to make a FUA+VDP? Hera-Nyx is the only scenario that I can think of. I guess maybe Cthuga, but Cthuga is easy enough to grind below 50% so you can avoid the issue. Even then, FUA+VDP+7c isn't that bad if you have Planar, although I recognize that not everyone does. On the flip side, I'm not sure the "just let the enemy hit you if Zeta isn't up" strategy is great, either. Aside from the fact that this slows you down, it can be dangerous in some situations. Off the top of my head, if you don't one-shot Cthulu, then you are risking a game over if you don't have a Fenrir active up since an unlucky mortal poison skyfall can kill you easily. So I would still be reluctant to run Zeta over DMeta without dupe Zeta's. To be fair, I have a very strong DMeta team, but nevertheless...

20. sl946

sl946 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    That requires you to have one sub that is almost complete dead weight, though. Izanagi on a DMeta team can at least carry a good assist.