Kunpoo

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by Aquablast, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Aquablast

Aquablast Dedicated Dragon User

User ID:
    Screenshot_2019-09-07-05-02-30-549_jp.gungho.padEN_small.png

I didn't even know about these dragons until a few days ago where I decided to scroll though P&D's news site. I guess I missed the news when it first came out, because I don't check the news in-game.

Since I have the self-imposed clause of using only dragons (not including humans with Dragon attribute), I had to grind Mystical, because I doubt that I can do anything harder than that. Even then, I failed about 33% of my attempts.

(My team was:
    1. Black Dragon, Fatalis, as leader and helper.
    2. Shimmering Thunder Goddess, Hera Dragon, to create Heal Orbs to take down the 1st resolve enemy.
    3. Gore Magala, to change the mortal poison orbs to dark orbs against the 2nd enemy.
    4. Asuna's Lambent Light. Yes just the blade. I can't get its skill fully charged as an assist since I'm playing solo, and I really need that +2 combos if I'm going for VDP AND an L, though I found that I actually won't overshoot the Void Damage Shield even with two Ls. That poison resist sometimes sure messes with my strategy though.
    5. Nargacuga, for an almost guaranteed VDP when used with Fatalis' skill, or another 5 dark orbs in a pinch.)

The drop rate seems horrible in Mystical. It wasn't until my final attempt (when the dungeon count is down to 0 min), where I finally got a drop.

Kunpoo doesn't seem too good, does it? Only 7 Awakenings, sub-standard stats, and a leader skill that requires you to do a full 5 colors + heal attack. Still, I have seen worse-- at least Kunpoo has the potential of 20x ATK multiplier and halving the damage you take. I think I'll either run it with a [7x6] board-er like Diablos, or with dragons with board shuffling skills like Sherias Roots (or maybe the Dusk Shadow Ra Dragon, the one that takes 3 black event medals or something? I could sometimes swear the P&D developers actually hate dragons though). Too bad I can't try two Kunpoo leaders by myself without someone else as a helper, since I only got this one drop. Maybe I'll attempt again later?

Either way, I'm glad that they introduced some new dragons that are (somewhat) usable, because, you know, 90% of the usable stuff are probably anime girls or at least very human-looking despite the fact that this game is titled "Puzzle and Dragons".

2. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Those Radar dragons also has equip Evo. Some are good and decent.

3. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
  4. Aquablast

Aquablast Dedicated Dragon User

User ID:
    If I get more than one duplicates, I might look into their equip evolution. The odds of them dropping don't seem too good as long as I can only farm Mystical though.

Oh yes, I'm looking forward to that! Though I haven't been saving up magic stones. I don't think I'll get too far with my 126 magic stones.