Kyrdrin's Non-IAP Grind

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by Kyrdrin, Jan 1, 2015.

1. ainvar

ainvar Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Orchid doing work!

Sorry your rolls were not to your liking. It's funny you went so long without rolling and then broke the streak in a Director's Carnival and a Collab... (!)

Hopefully we get GFE REM right around PCGF as I originally predicted 5 months ago.

2. Kyrdrin

Kyrdrin Still surviving the non-IAP grind...

Yeah, I should be ashamed for breaking my streak. Time to start a new streak... :rolleyes:

David@PF and ainvar like this.
  3. Kyrdrin

1300 Days!
    Date: 2016/10/06

I hit my 1300 Day mark a couple of days ago. I've been meaning to post about it, but didn't get around to it until now. I guess it's supposed to be special but it didn't feel any different to me. I do appreciate the magic stones though.

Is this like old age in real life, where after a certain age, a birthday is just another number? :rolleyes:

4. ainvar

ainvar Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Old fogey. At least you're no longer twice as old as me...

RageSedai likes this.
  5. Kyrdrin

Farming Myr Descended!
    Date: 2016/10/12

With 4x skill up around last week, I spend the bulk of my time farming Myr Descended! That was a tough dungeon for me as I kept struggling to find a fast and stable team to clear this dungeon. Here are some of the teams that I tried:

P1: Kyrdrin
    |
    +
    P2: Rodyn
    |
    +

I also tried Machine Zeus:

P1: Rodyn
    |
    +
    P2: Kyrdrin
    |
    +

With both builds, I ended up dying whenever I run out of Heart orbs. :sour:

At the end, I fell back to Orchid. It's much slower, but I was close to 100% successful with this team:

Kyrdrin
    |
    +
    Rodyn
    |
    +

And with a lot of luck from 4x skill ups, I now have a max skilled myr! :D

On the flip side, my alt was not quite so lucky. I still have 9 more skills up to go on Rodyn. :wideyed:

Can anyone help farm Myr skill ups with Rodyn? :rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
    RageSedai and jade like this.
  6. Kyrdrin

First time clear of Machine Hera Descended!

After finishing skilling up my Myr, I turned my attention to Machine Hera. I'm not quite sure what team I want to build with her yet, but I figure collecting another good farmable may give me some options down the road. With help from Vincent (Lest from the PAD International Qualifier), I used this following team:

P1: Rodyn
    |
    +
    P2: Kyrdrin
    |
    +

• Battle #1 (Machine Golem Mk.II, Dark Golem Mk.II): P1 OHKO using mass attack with Wood orbs while saving Light orbs.
    • Battle #2 (Random Gear x 3): P2 OHKO using Light TPA.
    • Battle #3 (Random Chaser): P1 uses Verdandi's active skill and OHKO using Wood rows.
    • Battle #4 (Abyssal CyberDragon, Sadalmelik): P2 uses Orochi's active skill to delay Sadalmelik. KO within 5 turns. P1 using 1x3 Wood and 3 or less combos. P2 using 1x3 Light and 8 or less combos.
    • Battle #5 (Random Mech General): P2 OHKO using Light TPA.
    • Battle #6 (Water Armor Dragon, Gienah, Light Armor Dragon, Acrux): P1 uses Zeus Dio #1's active and OHKO using a full board of Wood orbs.
    • Battle #7 (Random 5 Mechdragon Fusion/Combo): P2 uses Raphael and Valkyrie's actives and OHKO using a full board of Light orbs.
    • Battle #8 (Dark Crimson Armor Dragon, Ruchbah, Green Flame Armor Dragon, Shedir): P1 uses Zeus Dio #2's active and OHKO using a full board of Wood orbs.
    • Battle #9 (Dark Mech General, Hysferzen): P2 uses Apocalypse's active skill and OHKO using Light TPA.
    • Battle #10 (Awoken Machine Hera): P1 uses Zeus Dios #3, Griffin, and Machine Zeus' active skills and OHKO using a full board of enhanced Wood orbs.

This team as is it not fool proof. It only has 4 SBRs and is vulnerable to Elder Jotunn's skill delay on Battle #5. If only I had a chibi Valkyrie, Apollo, or Vector Finn as Light heartbreakers with a SBR... :wideyes:

Before 4x skill ups expired this past Sunday, I was able to max skill my Machine Hera:

Now I just need to collect enough Keepers of Gold to evolve her... :rolleyes:

jade and ainvar like this.
  7. Kyrdrin

First time clear of Dark Challenge!

I goofed on planning and thought Elemental Brawl Tournament (Ranking Dungeon 10) was still available on Monday. So, I ended up having a lot of stamina and was pressed pretty close to ranking up. I ended up playing through Dark Challenge! to burn through my excess stamina.

Satan Descended!

Kyrdrin
    |
    +
    Rodyn
    |
    +

Beelzebub Descended!

Kyrdrin
    |
    +
    Rodyn
    |
    +

Aamir Descended!

Kyrdrin
    |
    +
    Rodyn
    |
    +

Hel Descended!

Kyrdrin
    |
    +
    Rodyn
    |
    +

Gran Reverse Descended!

Kyrdrin
    |
    +
    Rodyn
    |
    +

8. Kyrdrin

First time clear of Indigo Ocean's Dimension Dragon
    Date: 2016/10/13

It's been a while since I pulled out Bastet for a run. Because Indigo Ocean's Dimension Dragon is fairly friendly for Bastet, I figured I gave it a try.

My Team

|
    +

RageSedai likes this.
  9. Kyrdrin

Anime Update - Hoshi no Koe

Hoshi no Koe (LINK) is another movie made by Makoto Shinkai. The visuals are superb as with other works by Makoto Shinkai. The story took a little while to develop and the mecha fighting scenes were a bit confusing. I feel like there's a lot more to this story that could have been explored, but this was as much as can be packed into a 25 minute movie. Just as I was starting to get attached to the two main characters, the movie wraps up. I really wished this ia a 2 hour movie and explored the psychological struggles within each of the two characters as they deal with separation in their own environment.

10. Kyrdrin

Anime Update - Natsu-iro no Sunadokei

As one reviewer put it, Natsu-iro no Sunadokei (LINK) is Steins;Gate (LINK) before Steins;Gate. I can definitely seen the parallel with the premise of time traveling to save a girl.

Despite its low rating on MAL, I actually liked this anime quite a bit. Within a short 2 episode OVA, the story was fairly well laid out and the characters relatable. Although, there wasn't enough time to really explore the side characters, at least their roles seemed reasonable. This is an adaptation from a VN and if given the chance, I would really like to read the VN to get the full story. I think there's a lot of good stuff here that wasn't covered in the anime.

11. Kyrdrin

Anime Update - Karin

Karin (LINK) is a lighthearted romantic comedy that tells the story between Karin and Kenta. There are some silly laugh-out-loud moments in the anime, but nothing too emotionally heavy. It was an enjoyable watch while I grind away playing PAD this past week.

Nez likes this.
  12. Kyrdrin

Anime Update - Orange

I put Orange (LINK) on my Planned to Watch list when I was doing an audit of all the new animes before the summer season. And then, both @o1Doc and @notkyle7 both recommended this anime as they were watching it during the summer season, which had me really looking forward to being able to marathon through this series when it finished airing. Well, I watcehed the whole series these past couple of days and it didn't disappoint!

This anime is about a group of friends reminising about a friend who passed away during high school. By a strange phenomenon, they were able to send letters back from the future to help their past selves to try to prevent this tragedy. Naho, the main protagonist, is shy by nature. But because of the letter she received, she slowly grows out of her shell in order to save her friend. This anime is filled with many touching moments as each person grow and the relationship between friends deepen.

After finishing this anime, I got caught up thinking about the lasting effects of the choices that we make in our lives. I also thought about the nature of "true love". I'm a romantic at heart who believes in "true love". However, "true love" is really actualized as the result of many choices made by different people along the way. Things can turn out very differently if a different choice was made at a key moment. At the end, without considering parallel universes and alternative realities, I suppose what makes a love "true" is that despite all the different things that could have happened to derail the current reality, things did happened in the specific manner that allowed the existence of love as it currently is... :rolleyes:

Nez likes this.
  13. Kyrdrin

Light Novel Update - Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria

I read this back around the end of September and I just remembered that I had forgotten to post about this light novel. I'm sure everyone is waiting on pins and needles following along my hobbies outside of PAD, so here is it. :rolleyes:

I don't usually like to read. Tying up my eyes reading text means that I won't be able to do other things like playing PAD. This is why I prefer watching anime because I can look away from the screen from time to time to make my moves, while still following along with the dialogs because of the audio. After reading a lot of high recommendations for this light novel, I broke down and gave Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria (LINK a try. And after 5 minutes, I was hooked! I couldn't put down this light novel and powered through it in about a week. Yes, I'm a very slow reader so reading through 7 volumes in a week is fast for me. :sour:

Although the writing can be a little bit confusing at times, the plot of the story was really intriguing. In addition to the romance slant which I'm always interested in, the psychological back and forward between the different characters was fun to follow. Throughout the novel, the main character Kazuki is faced with scenarios where he is trapped as the plaything of a powerful being who wants to "observe" him, and he needs to figure out a means of escape from that trap. The story definitely stimulates the mind as various options are considered by Kazuki. Even though the ending wasn't as strong as the opening or the middle, all in all Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria was a great read!

notkyle7 likes this.
  14. Jchunksgt

Jchunksgt nOOb

Im glad you finally got around to watching it as I too really enjoyed it.

Kyrdrin likes this.
  15. Kyrdrin

I'm glad you also watched it. I thought you haven't yet. :)

Jchunksgt likes this.
  16. Kyrdrin

Anime Update - Zutto Mae kara Suki deshita.: Kokuhaku Jikkou Iinkai
    Date: 2016/10/18

I've had Zutto Mae kara Suki deshita.: Kokuhaku Jikkou Iinkai (LINK) on my Plan to Watch list before it was shown in theatres. I was intrigued by its summary on how the writers would have this scenario play out. Ever since it aired back in April of this year, I've been looking for this online, but to no avail. I finally found it streammed and was able to watch it.

After six months of waiting, I'm glad that it was worth the wait. It wasn't an earth shattering movie that changed my world, but it was certain sweet and had its moments. Though the movie cetered around the relationship between Natsuki and Yuu, I was more glued to Akari. Even though she was supposed to be the shy character on the side, her response when Souta pointed out her bedhair is a wonderful mix of cute, some confidence, and a bit of a tease. And Souta's reaction to her response was also hilarious to me as well. :D

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    Jchunksgt and notkyle7 like this.
  17. Kyrdrin

Anime Update - Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterunda
    Date: 2016/10/18

I found Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterunda (LINK) while browsing highly rated MAL movies a while back. I had some time over the weekend and finally got around to watching this movie.

Even though this was billed as a romance movie, the romantic slant really isn't the central point. In fact, while there were some people liking each other, none of it was really critical to the plot. This movie is more about a guy helping a girl working out her personal issue, stemmed from a traumatic incident when she was young.

With that said, this is still a pretty good watch. There were quite a few touching moments which tugs at the heart. However, the little bit of romance that it had was a bit lacking. :rolleyes:

Jchunksgt likes this.
  18. Kyrdrin

First time clear of Challenge Dungeons! 29
    Date: 2016/10/24

Yes, I'm still playing PAD and not just watching anime. I know it seems like watching anime is all I do these days with all these anime posts. :rolleyes:

I actually cleared this set of Challenge Dungeons! last Thursday but I haven't had the chance post about it until today. So, here we go...

Lv6 - Awoken Skills Invalid

Kyrdrin
    |
    +
    Rodyn
    |
    +

Lv7 - Fixed Team

Kyrdrin
    |
    +
    Rodyn
    |
    +

Lv8 - No RCV

Kyrdrin
    |
    +
    Rodyn
    |
    +

Lv9 - No Dupes

Kyrdrin
    |
    +
    Rodyn
    |
    +

Lv10 ( 7x6 Board )

Kyrdrin
    |
    +
    Rodyn
    |
    +

Level 10 of Challenge Dungeons! 29 was a bit frustrating to say the least. It wasn't because this dungeon was particularly difficult. However, I was horrible at damage control, and would leave myself either bound or knock the monster into his rage zone. As you can see from the screenshots, I was constantly just a little bit off from getting by the round. :sour:

ainvar likes this.
  19. Kyrdrin

Anime Update - Love Live! School Idol Project, 2nd Season, and movie

I love song and dance so I got really sucked into Love Live! School Idol Project (LINK), 2nd Season (LINK) and movie (LINK). In fact, I've downloaded all of the songs to my playlist.

As mentioned in the MAL summary above, this story is about a group of high school girls coming together as an idol group to raise the populartity of their failing school. They were able to work through their own issues such as stage fright, shyness, pride and career ambitions and came together as a group of close-knit friends for a common goal. Many of the episodes were filled with catchy songs and choreography. Once I started watching, I couldn't stop! :p

Jchunksgt and notkyle7 like this.
  20. Kyrdrin

Anime Update - Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu

There was a lot of hype around Re:Zero (LINK) in the anime chat group that I'm a part of, so I figured I'd give it a try and see what the hype is all about. After finishing the series, I thought it was a decent watch, just decent. I didn't think it deserved its high score on MAL.

There were definitely some outstanding moments as the main character Subaro (LINK) is a funny guy with crazy anctics. However, all the heroines: Emilia (LINK), Rem (LINK), and Crusch (LINK) were all a bit lacking. They all seemed a bit bland. Thearesia van Astrea (LINK) was somewhat interesting in the little screen time that she had, but her story was glossed over so much that she can barely be considered a side character.

At the end, Subaru made the show somewhat enjoyable, but the show didn't live up to its hype for me. :confused:

Jchunksgt likes this.