Lack of MP Panic

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by Tyizor, Apr 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Somebody is trying to win the prize for keyboard warrior of the day. This is so exciting. :woot:

2. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Ah yes. The standard snarky replies when people realize everything I said about their delusion is true. Glad to see nothing has changed here! :D

3. Paul Blank

Paul Blank Defeater

User ID:
    Paul

Well to sorta agree with you. I’m this guy. I have a job and extra money but not a ton of it and I’d NEVER spend money on the game besides the tiny cheap deals here or there. I’d rather play the game on my time when I play and earn it. So I’d have to not do other things with my time but they give away stones a lot so I could use them to do the other things in game I wanna do or help out speed up my farming. And when I don’t wanna play I just do stuff with my wife or whatever. I agree that someone who has copious money most likely wouldn’t have come here to ask how to get mp if they were the type to buy stones and sell stuff.

Tyizor likes this.
  4. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    to respectfully disagree, I think the point most people are making is that, by and large, most people CAN pony up 100 bucks in isolated spots for this game, its just that people tend to have skewed senses of value. and the prospect of spending 60 hours or whatever farming MP daily (and NOT actually playing the game since you're using all your stamina) is just as ridiculous in a sense. I don't typically spend 60 hours in a month on games I actually ENJOY, let alone just mindless swiping.

I understand that there are people who shouldn't under any circumstances spend money on this game. if you're a student, or between jobs, or having a hard time with certain things, yes, this is not a valid option. but to most people here who chose to NIAP, its still a choice. spending 100 bucks ONCE in the game is a valid option, just one they wont choose, because they value other leisure activities in their life more highly. which is fine. but for most people, its not an "I CANT afford this" situation and more of a "I can't justify spending here, because in my mind this isn't worth x amount of dollars". both are valid choices.

now I'm not saying someone should buy 2 packs to "farm" the MP. But I'm also not saying he should farm the MP if he needs that much. They're both silly suggestions. Spending that much time farming for a card that isn't even KNOWN is just silly especially when neither will likely change your whole life. I guess fujin could but like, for the most part, no one's box will be transformed by either yog, cotton or fujin. my place in agreeing with other people suggesting buying stones is that both are pretty wasteful scenarios, but at least buy stones lets you play the actual game this month AND lets you pull in a godfest that might just land you fujin or yog before the MP shop gets updated. that's why its the "reasonable" suggestion. I don't think either suggestion is reasonable. 1 mil MP for any of those cards is ridiculous. I'm much closer to the 1 mil MP than the OP and I wont even bother.

its less people being insensitive to people's financial situations and more making the argument that endless farming is in its own way a huge expenditure and that theres alternatives.

bp1976, Tyizor and whoistoddjones like this.
  5. CloudStrife

User ID:
    Cool thing about buying the stones in this instance provided that’s a viable option for a given player’s real life situation is you might get lucky and just pull the damned thing out of the rem.

My other mathematically viable alternative option so that this is open to even the newest players is to just play departure tower over and over. You’ll get roughly 2 mp per run. See you in a few weeks of play time.

6. Tyizor

Tyizor Wandering Planaria

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Dear lord. I didn't expect this to turn into a shitfest when I posted this partially as a joke. To throw in my opinion on this issue:

Thanks @ko300zx for providing the information. The math was more or less what I looking for. The other people's suggestions are also perfectly "valid" though, so I ask that both sides chill the hell out. Yeah the internet is a place where your social image isn't exactly at stake, but everyone has a hell of a lot more fun if you keep your arguments civil.

As for the other opinions about IAP, I can't help but be inclined to agree with ko3 a bit. I don't condemn anyone that pays large amounts on PAD. It's them who keeps the game running, and do what you enjoy (wo)man, but unfortunately I can't see eye to eye with the people that suggest that I IAP. I see no reason to pay for a game who's direction that I no longer find interesting and which I largely play for shits and giggles at this point. I enjoy grinding towards a goal (which I'm sure lots of more hardcore PAD players agree with), so farming for MP is a perfectly valid option for me. It'd just be a different allocation of my PAD time than usual. I won't play more just for Cotton. If I need to pay to enjoy PAD anymore, I'd much rather just quit at that point. I've always limited my IAP to special deals, and I'm not exactly inclined to change that at this point in time.

Nachtmacher, Ele and Paul Blank like this.
  7. CloudStrife

User ID:
    I’m glad that you got all the answers. Truly. Lots of differing opinions that all had merit. But I disagree that civility is more enjoyable. The entertainment value went through the roof when ko lost his damned mind.

8. Tyizor

Tyizor Wandering Planaria

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I stand corrected. The *community* in general has more fun.
    As the asshole that riles up the crowd during an argument half the time then backs out so someone else takes the blame, I can't help but agree with you ;)

CloudStrife likes this.
  9. bp1976

bp1976 Pittsburgh, PA Born and Raised

User ID:
    Facts are facts though. Time IS money. Grinding your time away is the same as spending money. But if you enjoy the grind, so be it. The fact is, some people like grinding z8 for hours on end, some people would rather spend a couple hours earning money and skip the z8 grind. To each his own. But the math is unassailable. Unless you make less than minimum wage in the US, you will get more MP for your time by earning money and spending it on stones. Plus you might actually roll the card you want anyway.

Hehehe I am the asshole who riles up the crowd and begs for the blame. That way I can rile up the crowd some more. I like chaos :D

Tyizor and CloudStrife like this.
  10. xer 21

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    while its established that I agree with you largely, I think the counter point for most people is probably two fold.

1) most people cant just work extra hours to make guaranteed money. if you're salaried or whatever.
    2) most people see earning money at work to be for expenses first so they don't see the time = money argument the same because the money is slated for other stuff first.

I don't think either is a wrong sentiment. they're both right in their ways and the real truth is probably a mixture of both for anyone who can't just manufacture hours to make money on THEIR schedule.

11. Fridgeboy

Fridgeboy Well-Known Member

All this exictement and cotton doesn't even win lol

Cheeseghost likes this.
  12. Digity

Digity Member

People are forgetting that you can bot rogues or that you can multitask cause swipe builds are pretty braindead. Cant read manga while working but you can while swiping

13. xer 21

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link

14. Paul Blank

Paul Blank Defeater

User ID:
    Paul

It’s just silly to Think of time = money like this when almost everyone only makes money AT work. After then, time doesn’t equal money. Time then has whatever value you place on it. After I work my normal 7-8 hours in a day, that’s it. Playing puzzle and dragons doesn’t make me money and it doesn’t interfere with me making money so my time playing it definitely doesn’t equal money. Sure there’s more MP earned through real work hours but most people live check to check. I make graciously over minimum wage and still can’t find a way to convince myself to spend money on this. That’s how I have money, I don’t spend it on stupid intangible things. Then I buy myself something nice like a tv or recliner or something after I’ve decided to not drop money on this several times.

kaylathehedgehog and Tyizor like this.
  15. CloudStrife

User ID:
    Money is very clearly different things to different people. Some occupations and situations make it so dropping some cash for the entertainment value of a mobile game has zero impact on life. For others that is not the situation. Bob isn’t wrong. It’s just not right for everyone necessarily.

16. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    Like it would be funny if cotton didn't win or she didn't win?

17. CloudStrife

User ID:
    I think voting ends today or yesterday so I doubt we know yet.

18. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    THIS and THIS... 1,000 times.

As my two Ragdras sit patiently waiting for me to UUEVO them.

Lucky for me, clearing C10 last month meant I got at least 1 f***ing Mathena to evo.

19. Flandre

Flandre Scarlet Devil Staff Member

Locking this.

@CloudStrife Consider this a very serious warning because while this thread isn't your worst, I've consistently seen you instigating several other users on this forum and brigading with others against those individuals when you disagree with them. You frequently resort to sarcastic, snarky comments and sometimes personal attacks in order to get people riled up for your own amusement (as shown by another of your comments in this thread) and it's really not acceptable. Most of the other people in this thread had a heated but I would say largely civil debate about the merits of farming MP vs buying MP, and you even were too until you decided to start with the sarcasm and later calling him a keyboard warrior. Next time I see you starting shit with others unnecessarily on this forum I'm hitting you with a lengthy temp ban because your attitude quite frankly is extremely toxic and not something myself or the other mods want to condone in this community. It's gone on for far too long unchecked and I admit that someone from staff should have said something sooner, but unfortunately we're all quite busy these days and don't always have time to police the forums. And if you happen to disagree with my assessment of your posting habits I'm happy to dig up a number of old threads.

@Spencer25 Thanks for adding absolutely nothing of value to the discussion, consider this a warning as well. You could do with some introspection as well before calling people out for garbage attitudes to be honest.

@ko300zx Calm down and know when to just walk away, this thread isn't worth your time any more.

From an outsider point of view, I don't think ko was excessively argumentative until some people specifically started instigating him. The argument got heated but I didn't have a problem with how things were playing out until the personal attacks started coming in. The OP asked if it's possible to farm 600k MP before the GFE leaves the MP shop and ko answered with some math. His overall point was quite clear from the very first post he made - here's the numbers, now figure out for yourself if you want to put yourself through that grind. I have no idea what is so difficult to understand about this concept or why some of you felt the need to escalate this to the point that it has. In fact I even agree with the side that says it's better to just drop 2-3 packs on a godfest and sell things for MP, but that doesn't really answer the question that the OP was asking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.