Legendary Sea of Stars - Results

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by Chirei, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Chirei

Chirei monmusu world order

No one's made a thread for this yet? Fine, I'll bite.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Problem Floors

F4) The hardest. Only 80% SBR on this team, and halve wood, which meant if I did exactly 50% of Plesios's health, I'd have to do over 10 million damage in just a few turns to beat Plesios. Using the friend Bastet inherit allowed me to turn the water orbs against Plesios, and Delay let me get enough turns to win.

F6) If I don't have Delay up here I probably lose. After about three unsuccessful tries, I made it through and oneshot Gronia and Blonia Tamadra in one turn, but then I realized that Ronia Tamadra takes half damage and has a very high(relative to my damage output) threshold for the instakill summon, so I had to gingerly stall up delay again for the kill. Not fun.

F8/Boss) Now if you're not running some flavor of the month or flavor of the past six months teams, these guys are actually pretty hard. Deighk and Achtros start with -75% damage and wood absorb respectively, and after three turns, they respectively swap to dark absorb and -75% damage. On top of having to effectively skip the turn on the mortal poison skyfall so I wouldn't get killed by RNG, apparently you can actually desync Deight if it uses its <70% or <50% moves. This was actually good for me, because the way their shields were up originally made the timing for Delay tricky.

Alraune still has Balboa's Skill inherited from the Arena 1 adventure, and I had to use that to ignore Achtros's 8,888,888 DEF, so no Cure cycling for RCV. Thankfully this was remedied somewhat by the +RCV Badge and her Christmas form giving more Heart OE Awakenings. After that it was just trying to time having the correct actives up so I could bash them.

Extra not shown: The killing blow was an 8 combo.

icedragon926, Gig, cjo and 3 others like this.
  2. scrubbo

scrubbo Have you ever punched a donkey? Event Manager

User ID:
    That dungeon looks like a bag of suck.

aFireBlaze likes this.
  3. ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene Mostly Retired. Still A Lazy Shit.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Teamed up with @Hotaka PAD for this one. My subs were Apoc/AQiaos/Da Qiao/Orochi.

We died our first try for overestimating our ability to kill the bosses without a delay. Second try went off without a hitch. I used Izanagi inherit + Qiaopocalypse for the money shot.

Not as bad a dungeon as Ilsix or Sevenzard. And the blue drop is legit useful for Bamboo. Great stats and a Nut active plus bind clearance. Works for me!

4. Seriouscat

Seriouscat Serious Business

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    As always first clear is solo. Kaede with Orochi inherit.

Also cleared with ALB(vaan)-Leeza(hathor)-Dios-Dios-Orochi x2 in coop. *disclaimer, not a farming build.

Attached Files:

5. SamS

SamS ham

Beat it with myr, but brought strange subs because didnt wanna use tans for si lol

[​IMG]
    Orochi and AShiva for delay and def break... I used orochi on fl6 to kill, then stalled so many damn turns on fl7 with heart crosses and delay to survive until I finally had enough orbs to break def and kill. Friend has lakechi inherit. All hyper except shiva and orochi who are max skilled. Myrs have sdr latents, adqxq has rainbow, thats it

aFireBlaze and awkward.fistbumps like this.
  6. bookwyrm

bookwyrm Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ran it twice with Myr.

Run 1: Got a fire, blue, and dark pengdra on the first floor along with fewer than five heart orbs. The pengdras locked every orb that my orb changers were capable of converting (seriously, I don't think I even had orbs that Myr could have turned into hearts), I didn't have enough hearts to make a cross, and that was that.

Run 2: Got up to Niflheim on floor 7.
    Step 1: Fail to keep him from raising his 99-turn damage absorb.
    Step 2: Stall out all 99 turns of the absorb.
    Step 3: Knock him into the HP range for his Icicle Torture attack, die.
    Step 4: Rage.

Seriously, how is a high-powered team with no real damage control supposed to get past floor 7 without losing one's sanity? Is bringing an Orochi active really the only way? Also, I noticed that tapping Niflheim didn't show his name, only info on his typing. A glitch?

7. aFireBlaze

aFireBlaze memes

User ID:
    memes
    First recorded run(And a clip of an unfortunate would-be-first-run). I cleared it..

Welp no gold dragon. Alright second run.

The gold dragon's going to be useful until I get Orpharion. Quite unfortunate that Orpharion requires ######## amount of runs in MHera and MZeus to just complete, so this guy will do for now. Gets rid of osiris skyfall which I absolutely hate in Arena and has overall good stats and incredible awakenings. Lacks a sub attribute, but I'm fine with that.

LightFangX and jesrockz like this.
  8. jesrockz

jesrockz Rock@pf Unknown and Inactive Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Very nice.

@notkyle7

9. Joshsp1985

Joshsp1985 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    My APandora + Oda SOLO clear
    Things to note, 25% gravity doesn't break 75% resolve so you need 1 more pt of damage :p

10. Chirei

Challenge Mode because I want the stone.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

For anyone trying a poison strat, don't try to be funny and whittle down Deighk with poison. Achtros will revive with the poison still on him, and you'll be hit with repeated poison fullboards.

graps, Bolts, David@PF and 3 others like this.
  11. jesrockz

jesrockz Rock@pf Unknown and Inactive Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Nicely done! Any chance you'll do a full write up for this? I'm sure CM clears will be tough to come by.

12. Chirei

I can do one right now, but I'm not sure what else to say except take the floors with the trash mobs slowly, and stall where you can. Plesios and Niflheim make water orbs, so you can actually defeat them reasonably with this setup. Don't hesitate to use actives to beat up the non-trash.

13. Joshsp1985

Joshsp1985 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Damn I thought a solo clear was tough challenge mode /praise

Bolts likes this.
  14. aFireBlaze

aFireBlaze memes

User ID:
    memes
    Challenge mode Legendary with Myr(technically Kaede?)
    2 Kaede with board change;
    1 Kaede with GZL inherit.
    Myr with Awoken Orochi.

15. supernoman

supernoman Active Member

Does Shiva AS break that turd blue boss? I tried using shiva and myr combo which I thought would kill it but it only did 1 damage per hit.

16. Chirei

That'd leave it with 2,222,222 DEF, so if you can hit higher than that and do 888,888 damage, sure.

17. supernoman

supernoman Active Member

Good god...That's the second noob comment from me for this stupid dungeon.

18. scrubbo

scrubbo Have you ever punched a donkey? Event Manager

User ID:
    SteveJ (Don't think he's on the forums) and I did this turd of a dungeon with dual bamboos with each of us dragging along an Orochi for the last two shitburger floors. Not too bad. Heal and nuke for several floors, then delay for the win. We did sweat one run when even Bamboo's mighty armpit didn't burst hard enough on the first attempt.