Let's talk about story mode

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by Sunsphere, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Sunsphere

Sunsphere Active Member

ok so story mode, it's kinda cheesy, plot doesn't make a whole lot of sense (at least through chapter 13 where I'm at), not particularly challenging, and it's really sorta stupid... and...I...kind of like it? The characters (other than Sonia) are...neat? And a little funny? And have character development? And maybe I lied and I really really like story mode?

But seriously, I can see tons of potential here, for really engaging content, especially if they get some decent writers.

I dunno, what do you think?

2. hewey

hewey Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    It's not bad at all. The rewards are great, too. 1 free stones after each chapter plus 100 when you finish everything and the new Evo for Sonia is actually pretty good.

As far as the actual content of story mode, there's already a second one on the JP side and I'm excited for it. The goofy characters and their development is a nice break from the topical grind of PAD.

3. Thundercud

Thundercud Active Member

User ID:
    [US] 375,957,215
    I like it... No downside as far as I can see. You don't have to do it if you hate it... but it's cool if you want to.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  4. Reni

Reni The mama

User ID:
    ᴺᴬ 315,091,284
    PADherder:
    link
    I really just want to know who won the survey, for the next possible Story Dungeon... :D

5. Super Random Box

Super Random Box REM Trolled.

Anyone cleared it? In japanese it gives 100 stones + Sonia evo item on clear. (But Odin's doesn't give stones, it gave something else, but I don't remember what was)

6. Sunsphere

Sunsphere Active Member

I cleared it,100 stones and the evo mat. Odin's story gives out 1000 tamas

7. Sunsphere

Sunsphere Active Member

Is that how it's determined, by survey? I can see why they'd do that (player engagement) but boy would I like to see an overarching story, well designed from the beginning. There's really so much they can do here, I was probably more engrossed with what was going on in this simple game than aa3, where all I care about is the mechanics. I couldn't even tell you if any of the arenas or annihilation descendeds had themes, apart from the rushes obviously.

8. Reni

Reni The mama

User ID:
    ᴺᴬ 315,091,284
    PADherder:
    link
    Sonia and Odin chapters are not by survey, only the (probably) next chapter was. No one can say for certain if the future chapters will be fan-voted either.

9. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

User ID:
    [US] 375 256 244
    PADherder:
    link
    I like it, but as a long time player, it seems very, very geared to someone who just started. And I'm also fine with that, because I like the rewards and new content. I do think the story is a little hokey, but it's a game...who cares. I didn't play pad for the story...

10. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    I agree. It was kinda boring, but it grew on me a bit, and certainly there's no downside to new content with nice rewards.

But...

why??

11. Sunsphere

Sunsphere Active Member

I have no idea, I guess since these dungeons are geared towards newer players? Seems like overkill for sure. Still, I'm honestly looking forward to this new mode of play, and like I said I hope they get some decent writing going here...

MisterDrgn likes this.
  12. Super Random Box

Super Random Box REM Trolled.

1000?! Oh gosh... I thought it was 100.