Let's talk awoken constellation and pairings (come play some crosses !)

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by YamaKyu, Mar 3, 2018.

1. YamaKyu

YamaKyu Karin Kanzuki was a mistake. And I love it ♥

User ID:
    349-296-255
    So, during PAD's 6th anniverasy stream @JP, a lot of new monsters were revealed and among all the things that released that day the Constellations1 series received an Awoken Evolution ! I feel like it's been forever, but I'm so glad there're finally a thing (of course that's on JP server, on NA server it's more like in 2-3 months/Soon™ ). And they actually look pretty good and fun to play !

[​IMG]

Their leader skill, active skill and awoken skills are identical for their respective color. They're also all Machine/some other type, so just look at the screenshot up there. I'll pick Awoken Alrescha (water) for my example here because she's my favorite in this series (I'll talk about that later in this post) :

Leader skilll :
    - Board become 7x6
    - 2x ATK and 25% shield when hitting 2 water combos
    - 4x ATK for matching a set of 5 orbs with at least one enhanced
    - Her smile will brighten your day

Active skill (8 CD when skill-max) :
    - Change heal, jammer and poison orbs to water (doesn't affect bombs)
    - Enhance (orbs with a +) water orbs
    - 1 turn haste

Awoken skills (they all have 9) :
    - 2x enhanced heal orbs
    - 2x enhanced water orbs
    - 2x Skill bind resist
    - Skill boost
    - Time extend
    - L-shape attack/unlock

So we're talking about cards that bring not so much offensive awoken skills, but most of these are somewhat useful. After all they're dual SBR cards with double heart enhance, which makes up a little bit for the absence of RCV boost. They also bring their own skill boost and TE. Which is cool. Their active also get rid of hazards orbs and enhance their main color to make the 5o1e part of their LS less of a gamble (insert here memories of Skuld board change that doesn't have a single enhanced orb, resulting in my Sumire team not dealing any damage).

They're 1/64/1 leads with a 43,75% shield built-in their LS, which require at least 8 water (respectively : other attributes) to fully activate. That might seem a lot, but in a 7x6 environment that should be less of a problem. But still, since you probably want to build mono-color team with them, you might want to get at least 2 other orb changers in your subs.

And of course, you don't want to pair an A.Alrescha with A.Alrescha ; there're no benefit from doing that since you already get a 7x6 board with only one, and there're much stronger pairings out there !
    Let's discuss that.

But before that, I just want to address something really quick because I now it'll come up very fast : I don't want to compare these 7x6 pairings with Anubis X Diablos, because Anubis X Diablos is absolutely *bonkers*.
    There's almost nothing that can compare to a 1/255/3 pairing, when the said leads also have a built-in shield, a 7x6 board, bind immunity and an *absolute freedom of choice* in the subs. There're reasons why Anubis X Diablos is still so strong since the first day Diablos arrived. And, spoilers : Awoken Constellation are not anywhere as strong as Diablos. This guy is a straight up buff to almost anything it pairs with (except rows, but rows are not very strong right now to begin with, so the fault is not on Diablos, but rather the direction the game is taking that absolutely doesn't benefit playing rows) and Awoken Constellation doesn't appear to have anywhere near such an impact.
    EDIT : It's about Diablos, not so much the Anublos pairing, but really just Diablos being a buff to almost anything that exist in the same timeline as him (and doesn't appear to have a use for rows).

BUT. The good thing is they'll get Reincarnated evolutions someday. So their strength will increase ! I don't see GH buffing Diablos anytime soon, so Awoken Constellation still have some improving margin.

Anyway, let's get to the point. I think they're pretty good and can pair with some interesting leads. Here's what I came up with :

GLOBAL :

• Cross leads. I'll take some specific exemple here and there but any lead that works with crosses will largely benefit from playing with an Awoken Constellation. The reason is because to make a cross you need 5 orbs, and if all your orbs are enhanced, all your crosses will active the 5o1e component of Awoken Constellations' LS. Also, crosses leads usually need *at least* 2 crosses to deal relevant damage, and you usually want to hit 3 or more most of the times. This means by doing 2 crosses you'll also activate the "double combo" part of Awoken Constellations' LS. This usually comes at the cost of not being able to make a lot of combos (it is possible, it just require a lot of practice to pull off), which is addressed by them providing a 7x6 board.
      ALSO. You have some nice damage control. This may not be as necessary nowadays because most shenanigans we face in a dungeon has (or will have) some counter mechanic available. But still. To control your damage you can either go full power with multiple crosses, just make one cross + 1 on color-combo, zero cross + 2 combos, match 5o1e + 1 combo, or only match 5o1e. That's a lot of ways to mitigate your damage and not having to rely on stuff such as FUA to kill resolve bosses or bypass damage absorbs/voids. This is very specific to playing crosses because crosses skyfall are extremely rare : you can get skyfalls of multiple combos, or maybe a 5o1e match, but you'll probably be able to count on your fingers the amount of *skyfall* crosses you'll get in your PAD journey !
    So playing an A.Constellation with a cross leads has some nice side effects :
    → Crosses naturally synergize with 5o1e leads
    → 7x6 board allows to match crosses AND some actual combos
    → Easy damage control
    → Potentially very high damage output thanks to crosses.

Here's some crosses leads to play with : Kenshin, Sitri, Dantalion, Rushana, Odin Dragon, Acala, Light Metatron, split ult Raijin, Nees, Nemain, Paimon, Aizen etc...
    I'll get a little bit more specific about some of these below.

• Nemain, light-wood-fire crosses/combos : 5x ATK for 5+ combos ; 2.5x ATK per light, wood or fire cross.
      → I hate to admit it but she would work wonders with A.Constellations because her LS require both crosses and combos, which is hard to reach in a 5x6 board but so much easier in a 7x6 environment. At 5x ATK for 5 combo and 2.5x ATK per cross her firepower is really really high (even for a cross lead I mean !) if you can pull this ridiculous amount of crosses. But you'll have to play around her big downsides : extremely low stats (400 weighted ! (!!!)), meh awakenings, an AS that doesn't help with LS activation and *she doesn't even try to contribute to the team damage* (she's Wt/D, she needs L/Wd/F crosses, talk about waste (did I mention she has 30 ATK ?)). I'm pretty sure there're players @JP willing to clear Alt arena with this pairing though.

• Nees, Wood-Light-Dark crosses : 4x ATK + 25% shield for matching wood and dark ; 2x ATK for each wood-light-dak.
      → Nees is tricky because she doesn't look like a great lead but she has a couple strong sides as a cross lead. The most important thing to understand that her being a HP stick (she has 11k when hypermax, that's more than 2 average subs (the average sub has less than 6K HP when hypermax)) allows to get above some HP thresholds. You usually want her as a sub, but you can absolutely lead with her : her LS allows for some damage control (while it *can* (and will) happen, crosses skyfall is extremely unlikely to happen) and can scale pretty high with additional crosses (with 2 crosses + wood and dark combos you're already at x16, that's pretty good (so x128 with an awoken constellation)). Her active is also pretty good, it was clearly built with Kamimusubi in mind, but it is still great for other teams as well ; crosses require orb changers. She's one, and she makes both her colors and will clear your awoken bind.
      She has only 4 awoken skills though (potentially 2 7c thanks to the super awakening).
      While you can use her with A.Pollux, you probably want to stick with A.Castor and A.Spica, for optimization purposes : she does require wood and dark, so you might as well have these attributes be your damage source.

• Allatu, Fire-Water-Dark crosses : 2.5x ATK for each fire-water-dark cross ; board become 7x6 ; +5 seconds of matching time.
      → Ok this one is very interesting. If you either have her or have access to her as a helper, and you're into crosses, you absolutely want to play Allatu instead of Awoken Antares, Alrescha or Castor. Allatu is just a better pairing overall. You'll have slightly less damage control, but you trade that for a great leader skill. Obviously there's the 7x6 component, which is the very reason I'm mentioning her in this post in the first place. Her crosses are not very strong (at x2.5 they're weaker than most cross leads (stronger than Nees though)) so you'll need to match at least 2 pretty much every time if you want to deal somewhat relevant damage, but it's still a cross LS which means it keeps scaling up with more crosses. The most important part of her LS is the +5 secs of matching time. This is huge. Matching crosses is pretty time consuming so you do want a good amount of TE in your subs to match these crosses. Allatu by herself fixes the need of matching time, and gives you more flexibility in your subs (you don't need double TE subs only). The good thing about it being built-in her LS is you won't have trouble dealing with annoying awoken bind combo-check spawns such as Lucifer or Lakshmi !
      She brings her own double 7c which will make her a damage source in your team, 2 SBs to get these AS ready on first turn and thanks to her double time extend she effectively brings not 5 but 6 seconds of additional matching time.
      The icing on the cake : you're not restricted to only dark and fire crosses ; water works ass well. It'll be a little bit suboptimal (and I don't know any good water cross lead....?) but you can absolutely obliterate stuff with it. Allatu has a lot of strong sides ; if you can play water crosses with Allatu, you absolutely want to do so. Though you'll always want to match at least 2 colors with Allatu because your damage will be irrelevant unless you hit at least 3 crosses, and it's much easier when you can match several colors ! Just practice a lot o/
      There really aren't much reasons to play Awoken Antares/Alrescha/Castor with a cross leader if you have access to Allatu !

Now let's get a little bit more specific.

AWOKEN ANTARES - Machine/Physical - Fire/Dark

A couple of notes.
    → Fire teams have access to Rathalos equip (monster hunter collab). While you might not want to turn your Rathalos into a weapon because it's actually a great sub, keep in mind that in its weapon form he'll give your team 4 more orb-enhance awakenings, which is a pretty nice flat damage boost. It'll also give a very nice stat boost to any fire unit you equip it onto.
    → Fire teams (and light) can use the gemstone princess Silk, since her boost depends on the presence of light and fire OE awakenings.
    Elgenubi exist. She will fulfill your OE requirements, make massive amount of fire orbs and increase by 15% the amount of fire orb skyfall. If you have her, you probably want her in your team. She's a mediocre lead at best though.
    → Fire is probably the attribute I am the most ignorant on so feel free to add to this very small list.

• Kenshin, bi-color crosses / bi-color match : 2x ATK + 25% shield for fire & light combo ; 3x ATK per light or fire cross
      → Aside from being the first cross lead in the game, he's still pretty good at this. He brings a 25% shield himself, 3x ATK for each fire/light cross. His 2 fingers will greatly help to match these crosses and his active skill increase the appearance of skyfall light and fire ! His leader skill being split in 2 parts also mean you have the benefit of damage control. You will want at least one more fire orb enhance awoken skill in your team to have 5 though.

• Roy Mustang, 5o1e :3x ATK & RCV when hitting 2+ fire combos ; 4x ATK for matching 5o1e
      → Roy is surprisingly similar to A.Antares. Their leader skill are pretty much identical, except Roy trades the shield for a 3x RCV bonus and the 7x6 board for some additional damage. Together they make a 1/96/3 pairing with 25% shield in a 7x6 environment. Pretty nice. They also share a similar active skill ; Roy has a double orb change + 1 turn haste + enhances all orbs. He bring 2 effective fingers and 60% blind immuninty (you can reach 100% with Chiyome equip evo), which is situational but good to have in a number of dungeons.

• Barbara, type restricted / bi-color : Can't match sets of 3 orbs ; 2x all stats to Machines ; 4x ATK for matching dark and fire.
      → I have to admit I misjudged the Barbara pairing at my first glance, because 2/64/2 with 25% shield is actually solid. Also Barbara herself is a machine obliterator.
      Playing in a wider board benefits Barbara a lot because of her matching restriction : you can't play with less 4 orbs of a given color. That also mean that you want to play with at least 4 so you should try to get TPAs subs in there (a good use for the 14 Kuvias we all pulled).
      The real downside is the type restriction as you have to play with fire/dark machines and there're not a lot of these. Some highlights though ; Machine Goemon works, Red Myr is Machine, upcoming heroine Planar (2nd highest weighted stats in the game before LB) is as well, so are Kuvia and Elgenubi ! Also fire mystic knight Homura, which is farmable (Red Myr arguably is as well).

• Diara, combo / crosses : 4x ATK + 50% shield for matching 7 combos ; 2.5x ATK for each fire cross.
      → She seems to be the most popular radar dragon caller, which is understandable because despite her abysmal HP and lack of awakenings she'll make quite the descent leader. Her LS is rather powerful and not too hard to activate (very similar to split Fujin) with little practice in a 7x6 environment ; at 2 crosses + 7c you're already at x25 (x200 with A.Antares). Your firepower will mostly come from your 7c subs, because you always want to hit 7c for damage. This LS also allows for some very nice damage control. However, the really interesting part of her LS is her shield. Remember how heart-cross were unkilable ? Diara herself has the same 50% shield, and with A.Antares' you'll only eat 37.5% of damage, which makes your team very tanky and somewhat compensate her non-existent HP.
      Also she brings 3 TE and her active skill is a massive increase of fire skyfall for 1 turn (+25% !) to get these fire orbs available on your next turn.

• Planar, combos / bi-color crosses : 2.5x ATK & RCV when matching 6+ combos ; 3x ATK for each fire or dark cross.
      → I unintentionnally covered her in A.Castor's part, so see below. TL;DR : she might be really good, if you can use her properly.

AWOKEN CASTOR - Machine/Attacker - Dark/Wood

Eschamali exist. She will fulfill your OE requirements, make massive amount of dark orbs and increase by 15% the amount of dark orb skyfall. If you have her, you want her in your team.

• Reincarnated Tsukuyomi, combo / 5o1e : 3x ATK for matching 5o1e ; 6x ATK when hitting 8 combos (3x at 6).
      → A.Castor X REvo Tsukuyomi is a 1/144/1 pairing with 25% shield in a 7x6 board, wich sounds pretty good. It's probably one of the best pairing out of all the A.Constellation series in terms of leader skill multiplier. Of course your damage will depend on your subs. REvo Tsukuyomi also brings 4 TE and 3 OE awakenings, which you can absolutely make a good use of, and the active skill enhance the whole bord while providing a TE bonus. With these 5 OE awakenings you don't have to worry about bringing more in your subs (so if you want to go ham on 7c subs go ahead), however keep in mind that OE based teams can always use some more OE.

• Nergigante, 5o1e / HP dependent : 35% shield + 3x ATK when 50% HP or more ; 4x ATK for matching 5o1e.
      → It'll probably be the most popular pairing since Nergigante is such a freaking good card. That's 1/96/1 with 48,75% shield with A.Castor. Nergigante is a beast that is bind immune and brings 2 effective TE and SB, and a freaking FUA... that its active skill instantly activates. You arguably can't ask for anything more, this guy has everything. And huge stats on top of that. That's one hell of a OTP.

• Eschamali, type restricted / 5o1e : 2x RCV & 3x ATK for Machines/gods ; 4x ATK for matching 5o1e.
      → Pairing with Eschamali will bring more OE than you need to get 100% enhanced skyfall and 1/96/2 with 25% shield. The x2 RCV boost will make up for A.Castor not having a stat boost in his leader skill, and make the team much more durable. If you can't get enough 7c subs try to build around OE ; it might not look like it but it can be a subsential damage boost.

• Kamimusubi, bi-color match / HP dependent : 5x ATK when 80%+ HP (x2.5 ATK below) ; 3.5x ATK for matching wood and dark.
      → Ok this one might be weird but here me out for a second. With Kamimusubi you get 1/140/1 with 43,75% shield, with very little activation requirement. The thing that made me consider her as a pairing (or at least, a sub) is her active skill, which increase by 50% the amount of OE skyfalling. You probably have better pairings available for A.Castor but keep in mind that Kamimusubi is a very capable leader and she does work with A.Castor. Also a great FUA option, and uber cute on top of that. Not the best but it can be fun maybe. idk

• Barbara, type restricted / bi-color : Can't match sets of 3 orbs ; 2x all stats to Machines ; 4x ATK for matching dark and fire.
      → 2/64/2 with 25% shield, I covered her with A.Antares ! It's the exact same.
      Here's some dark machine subs that I didn't mentioned up there : Eschamali, Despharion, Hamal, upcoming Kuroganemaru, Machine Hera, Pixel Rugal, Voice (dark Mystic knight).
      Did you noticed ? You can build a very decent A.Castor X Barbara team out of 100% farmable subs : Pixel Rugal, Kuroganemaru, Machine Hera and Despharion are all great farmable subs and none of them will mess with A.Castor X Barbara's leader skilll.

• Ena, heart-combos / crosses : 7x ATK + 50% shield for matching 3 sets of hearts ; 2.5x ATK for each dark cross.
      → Similarly to Diara (see A.Antares), pairing with Ena will make the team very durable thanks to her strong 50% shield. Her LS however is much worse to play with ; you need 9 hearts to hit at full power, and if you lack one you'll get nothing. This LS is powerful (at 1 cross + 3 hearts combo you're already at x17.25, so x140 with A.Castor), but the "match 3 set of hearts component" makes it very hard to actually use alongside making a FUA (14 hearts) or -worse- a super FUA (18 hearts) because of the need to manage very cleverly your board, which is will be very hard unless you have like 15+secs of matching time (remember you want at least one cross with all of that). So while she has a great ability to eat damage and a pretty powerful LS, using her sounds quite unrealistic.
      Too bad her active skill doesn't have a TE component in it :v

• Planar, combos / bi-color crosses : 2.5x ATK & RCV when matching 6+ combos ; 3x ATK for each fire or dark cross.
      → Planar is too god. We don't deserve her. She might look a little underwhelming (compared to split Fujin, who require less effort for a relevant damage output) but I think she has plenty of potential. Let's look at all her features.
      First things first, she's a massive stat stick, and similarly to Nees she'll bring a massive amount of HP to allow you to get past some HP threshold. Except Planar has actual fantastic awakenings : 3 TE, bind immunity, a 7c and a freaking FUA.
      Her active skill is a nice tricolor board change but is also excessively long, so unfortunately you can't reliably inherit anything onto it.
      Her LS requires you to match 6+ combos and make bi-color crosses, but unlike Fujin which can get away with a low amount of crosses (2 are enough to deal very relevant damage with Fujin) you want to make as much as possible with Planar, else your damage won't go very high. All of that alongside making 6+ combos for maximum potential and a RCV boost. While I agree that it seems pretty challenging, we need to keep in mind 2 things : 1°/ you can match both fire and dark crosses, so in the end you can make much more crosses with some practice 2°/ Planar x A.Castor has plenty of stalling potential thanks to Planar massive HP (bonus if you have Nees), and the fact that both A.Castor and Planar have the defensive part of their LS (shield for A.Castor, RCV boost for Planar) tied to the weaker part of it. It also gives her excellent damage control.
      However you will absolutely want a TE stick, otherwise matching that much crosses will be really hard.

AWOKEN SPICA - Machine/Healer - Wood/Fire

→ I don't feel wood is a proficient attribute to play orb-enhance with ? I can't think of any relevant card that plays around OE. Or maybe I'm about just as ignorant in wood cards as I am with fire cards.
    → For a longtime wood has lacked a relevant and universal OE stick (each color has a "copy" of Eschamali (Sylph absolutely doesn't count)) that also makes massive amount of wood. The new heroine Runelis is the closest to that yet.
    → You can use Titania as an enhancer if you manage to grab enough wood/light OE. She does the exact same thing as Silk (same numbers) and is inheritable. Wood lacks good OE subs though.

• Odindragon, bi-color crosses : Heals 10x RCV when matching orbs ; 3.5x ATK for each wood or light cross.
      → I doubt I need to tell you about how good Odindra is all around. It's a fantastic sub and also a nice cross lead to play with. Not a lot of players actually use him as a lead but with x3.5 ATK per cross it has plenty of potential and is totally compatible with wood and light 5o1e leaders. So yeah. Consider him. His 10k+ auto-RCV per match will also greatly make up for A.Spica's lack of built in RCV boost. Also, A.Spica being bindable is so much less of an issue when you litteraly have the strongest bind immune bind remover in the game as a sub or a helper.
      Note that you can absolutely build a team and use light crosses. You can also run the New Year Spica system, it'll bring plenty of OE and honestly who can say no to more Spica ♥ ?
      Keep in mind though that unlike most cross leads, Odindra's LS solely relies on making crosses. You get nothing from making combos or matching wood + light. So using him right will require some practice because your damage will be irrelevant until you can hit at least 3 crosses (including 2 wood to activate A.Spica's LS)
    This will be quick because I have yet to make a good team for it. Here's the thing : you need to match at the very least 2 crosses to deal low-ish relevant damage, and you want 3 most of the times. But at the same time it requires a large amount of fingers, which I seem to lack. My best attempt was using several Momiji subs, and fill the rest with OE and SBR subs. Not too bad, but while I got used to match mono-color crosses in a 7x6 pretty quickly, it turns out matching bi-color crosses in such an environment requires much more brain power than I currently have access too. And there's also the OE problem : playing bi-color crosses is fine, but bi-color 5o1e is not practical because you need to keep track of 5o1e matches for two attributes. And when you don't have 100% OE skyfall for both colors (which is the case because wood sucks at OE, and Momiji doesn't have any so you need to fill the OE requirement within your remaining sub slot) you need to be extra careful about you match. Hence, my brain power issue. Seriously, get a NY Spica or two.
    We'll see how it goes. I'm trying to beat Machine Zeus with it, if I can succeed it will be a major achievement.

• Reincarnated Kushinadahime, type restricted / combo : No skyfall. 1.5x HP and ATK to healers, ATK x12 at 10 combos (from x2 at 5).
      → Another weird pairing but I think it might be a good one this time. Think about it. REvo Kush has been a very popular and strong lead for a while thanks to her damage output and damage control. While still great, she's now overshadowed by much stronger leads and not so much need to control our damage because we have a lot of options to bypass shenanigans such as resolves. I think one of the best way to make her relevant again is for her to have an actually good 7x6 pairing. I've seen some players play REvo Kush X Diablos, and while it does work (Diablos is a buff to almost anything it stares at) it's a little sub-optimal because diablos himself is not a healer. And it surprises me how poor the 7x6 healer options were until now.
      A.Spica might just be the answer to this issue. I'm not saying that she'll be top tier again thanks to A.Spica, but A.Spica might be almost as huge of a buff to REvo Kush as Diablos is to everything else. Think about it.
      As a #HealerNation guy I'll 200% absolutely try it out. No idea how it'll turn out, but 1,5/144/1 with 25% shield and plenty of RCV thanks to the team being healer sounds very nice to me.
      The only other relevant 7x6 healer lead available I can think of is Xmas Ilmina but nobody leads her and she's a heart cross lead. 5o1e + heart cross is not super duper compatible with macthing 10 combos if you ask me.

• Balthier, 5o1e / rainbow : 3x ATK & 25% shield for matching 3 attributes ; 4x ATK for matching 5o1e.
      → Pretty straightforward, you get 1/96/1 with 43,75% shield for very little activation requirement : 5o1e is a given if you actually want to play A.Constellations, and not matching 3 colors in any given 7x6 board is almost impossible as long as you try to match something. His active skill is also great ; an orb change that doesn't remove hearts but deletes poison, and it will skyfall some enhanced orbs. It can make up for a lack of a 5th OE awakening in your team, so yeah, get these 7c subs instead if that's what you're into. Oh, and, he's bind immune.

• Fujin, combo / crosses : 6x ATK when hitting 6 combos (3x at 4) ; 2,5x ATK for each cross.
      → Fujin works similarly to Nemain but a million times better. Her damage output is higher (same damage per cross, and higher combo damage), her awakenings are fantastic (3 TE to help makings crosses, 7c to complement the combo component of her LS, 2 SB) and she has 1000 actual weighted stats. The best part is none of this makes her any harder to use than Nemain, since hitting 7c while doing at least in a 7x6 board require little practice. And if that's still too hard, welp, at 7 combos including one cross you're already at a x15 multiplier, so you can absolutely work with it and build your team around 7c.
      Also that's very important but she does brings her own void damage absorb. I mean, it is Fujin. She's vulnerable to binds but that might be a non issue since you probably want to have Odindra as a sub in this team anyway (there are very few wood teams in which you don't want an Odindra tbh). The only real downside is you have to pull her, tee-hee :9
    So far, probably my favorite pairing overall. It feels like the most balanced, the most natural/spontaneous to play and it doesn't seem to have big weaknesses outside being bindable (which is somewhat addressed by having Odindra around).
    Here's my usual team.

[​IMG]

A.Spica X Fujin has plenty of damage. Fujin's LS is really powerfull. Of course it will depend on the way you build the team, but I can deal 10M+ with only one wood cross (+ a wood combo ofc) and some normal comboing afterwards. In the end, ironically my damage still relies on 7c because my only sub that doesn't have one is Rushana. I did not purposefully build around 7c though ; my team is built around fingers (Fujin has 3, Romia 4, Odindra and Ma Chao 2, Rushana 1).
    The reason why I can allow myself to have this few orb-changers is because -taking 7c into account- with 1 cross + 1 wood match + some off-color matching I already get 10M+ total damage, which is enough to kill most of the high-trash/mid-boss stuff. At 2 crosses you can kill anything not specifically designed to be tanky, and 3 crosses is will kill most of the tanky stuff no problem.
    You also benefit from Spica's shield and while you'll be lacking a LS RCV bonus, A.Spica's double heart-enhance *actually* do makes up for that. For real. Remember, she's a healer. Fujin is healer as well, so she contributes to the team RCV, and I have Rushana with the valentine chocolate box, so in the end matching a single heart TPA gets me something like 11k RCV, and with my usual comboing (average 8 combo without skyfall) I can go from 1% to 100% HP in one go. Pretty impressive.
    Activating both Spica's and Fujin's LS is surprisingly easy when you have enough fingers. I was genuinely surprised by the room I have to match normal combos after making a cross or two. With 3 it's obviously harder, but you usually don't need 3. I usually start by matching crosses in either the top or bottom corners, and then I go for combos. Try to cascade as much stuff as you can, it saves a lot of time.
    Sub wise, I would advise 2 things.
    → Build around fingers. I have 11,5 secs of matching time with this team, I always use all of it. It's surprisingly easy to match combos + crosses when you actually have the time to do so.
    → Try to build around haste, if it makes sense for your team. Mono-color orb hungry teams benefit a lot from good skill rotation, and I was very positively surprised by the skill rythm I had thanks to Spica, Odindra and Fujin haste (yes, I use her AS for the haste if I don't need the void absorb effect). Ma Chao's and Romia's AS have a low-ish CD so I always use them before considering using Spica, so I benefit from the haste.

With all of that said, this team has some important flaws :
    • Wood Eschamali doesn't exist, and I didn't managed to pull Runelis (I'm sooooo upset), so in the end I'm only at 40% OE skyfall. Thanksfully this has never really been a major issue because there's so much skyfall in a 7x6 board to begin with. But still, it makes board changes a real gamble.
    • Low-ish HP. With the HP badge I get 36k. That's ok, but I'm used to 40k+ with Kamimusubi and LIdeal so 36k seems a bit low. It is of course addressed by the shield (which gives me 45k effective HP). But still the thing is Rushana, Fujin and Spica are all healers so they don't contribute to the HP as much as you would like them to.
    • You absolutely need Odindra or something close to it, because every bind is a big menace (if Romia gets bound I loose 2 whole seconds).
    All in all, this pairing is very capable. It has flaws, and I absolutely need to do something for the OE issue, but I'm having a lot of fun with it. I just cleared Super-Ultimate Norse Rush with it (Shazel replaced Rushana), so yeah, you can do stuff with it. It is surprisingly natural, and very compatible with matching a lot of combos.

• Rushana, type restricted / bi-color crosses : 2x ATK and HP for healers and gods ; 3x ATK for each wood or light cross ; no skyfall.
      → How come I didn't mentioned her yet. Rushana works with healers and gods, and fortunately Awoken Spica happens to be healers. Convenient. Pairing with Rushana will grant you a substantial HP boost, in exchange for not having a great RCV ability. But. A.SPica has 2 heart-enhance awakenings and is a healer so you should be able to handle this by matching only sets of 4 (be careful with A.Spica's AS, it does remove hearts). You probably want to slap a valentine chocolate box on Rushana ; since she's a healer you'll really benefit from that sweet additional RCV juice with heart TPAs. Also, FUA purposes.
      Rushana brings 2 SB, 2 blind resist (don't underestimate this), a single TE (you want much more) and 2 OE awakenings, so you only need one more to reach 100% !
      Rushana is overall a great powerful pairing for A.Spica. It might not look like it, but at 2 crosses you're already at x18 for Rushana herself (so x144 with A.Spica !). And she's a farmable FUA. What can we say against that.

• Valentine Astaroth, bi-color / 5o1e : 2x ATK + 25% shield for matching wood and light ; 5x ATK for matching 5o1e.
      → 1/80/1 with 43,75% might sound a little bit underwhelming damage wise, that's true. You probably want to get these L-awakening subs and OE sticks to increase it, else you'll have trouble dealing with high HP spawns. Fortunately since both Valentine Asty and A.Spica have a shield, survivability should be pretty nice. Damage control won't be fantastic because of the usual massive skyfall on 7x6 boards.
      Her active skill sounds pretty nice ; it removes hazard orbs and fire without touching hearts, and will enhance the whole board. So pretty much a better version of A.Spica's AS. She brings 2 OE (so you only need one more to get 100%), 2 effective skill boosts, and 2 L-awakenings to increase your damage a bit.
      Also ! Very important to me : she is bind immune !

• Wallace, poison cross / mono-color : 2x ATK + 2x RCV for matching 2 sets of wood ; 5x ATK for each poison cross.
      → Just kidding, don't do that. Wallace is better paired with himself :D

AWOKEN POLLUX - Machine/Physical - Light/Water

A couple of notes.
    → Similarly to Awoken Antares, A.Pollux being light means she can use Brachydios equip to add 4 orb enhance and a very substantial ATK boost to any light card. However, be careful when doing that as you probably don't want to actually activate its active skill.
    → Light attribute benefits from (ab)using Enoch as a skill assist since it provides a 3-turns 30% shield, a 3-turns 1.5x TE boost and a stat boost on top of that. Using Enoch makes light team that much reliable.
    → Bride Akechi is also a thing and we probably all have 12 of him, which is great since his active skill is exactly the kind of stuff A.Pollux needs (double orb-change + enhance orbs).
    → Silk absolutely work here, the same way as A.Antares. Note that Titania does the exact same thing and is inheritable.
    June Bride Eschamali exist. She will fulfill your OE requirements, make massive amount of light orbs and increase by 15% the amount of ligh skyfall. If you have her, you want her in your team.

• Kenshin, bi-color match / bi-color crosses : 2x ATK + 25% shield for fire & light combo ; 3x ATK per light or fire cross.
      → See above, it's the exact same as A.Antares o/

• New Year Tsukuyomi, combo / 5o1e : 4x ATK for matching 5o1e ; 3x ATK + 25% shield when hitting 6 combos.
      → I already discussed Reincarnated Tsukuyomi ; well the NY version works similarly but it trades a weaker leader skill (1/96/1 + 43.75% shield) for 2 7c awakenings, which is huge in a 7x6 environment as it is pretty much guranted to activate, as long as you actually try to match.

• June Bride Eschamali, type-restricted / 5o1e : 1.5x HP & 3x ATK for Machines/gods ; 4x ATK for matching 5o1e.
      → I already covered the original Eschamali, her june bride counterpart works almost the same ; she trades her x2 RCV boost for a x1.5 HP boost, which is not that good, but still nice to have if the rest of the team can make up for that (and knowing how light is filled with healer, yes I can tell it's possible to make up for that). Otherwise it's pretty much the same. So that's 1.5/96/1 with 25% shield.

• Odin dragon, bi-color crosses : Heals 10x RCV when matching orbs ; 3.5x ATK for each wood or light cross.
      → Refer to what I was saying about Odindra X A.Spica, it's the exact same. TL;DR : get more NY Spica and match a lot of crosses.

• Yog-Sothoth, mono-color match / HP dependent : 6x ATK when 80%+ HP (2.5x below) ; 3x ATK when matching 2 sets of light.
      → 1/144/1 with 43,75%. It'll work very similarly to Kamimusubi except Yog is actually a mono-color lead and its active skill is much stronger. It won't fix a lack of OE though.

• Light Metatron, type-restricted / cross : 2.5x ATK & RCV to gods ; 3x ATK for each light cross.
      → I'm overextanding a little bit with this one as Lmeta is not 100% compatible with A.Pollux, since she's not god (that might be fixed with her REvo though, it has happened several times already). I'm only mentionning her here because I want to spread some Lmeta love. She's also one of the few cards in this list being bind immune and able to clear binds on top of that.

• Paimon, heart-cross / cross : x4 ATK per light cross ; 35% shield and 3x ATK for an heart-cross // OR // 3x ATK per cross ; 50% shield and 3x ATK for an heart-cross (both ults work).
      → So yeah, pick your fighter. Heart-cross on top of A.Pollux's shield should be quite durable. What else can I say ? Oh yeah, the later (the one without a sub attribute) has a FUA so that's something. I'm absolutely playing the hell out of it when A.Pollux reaches NA. I have no idea how we make heart-crosses + attribute crosses in a 7x6 board but it'll work out, somehow.
    In the end I ended favoring the L/B, mostly for damage scaling purposes. I mean, with Pollux's and Paimon's shield you're virtually at 50% damage reduction. I would argue that's enough. On the other hand, 4x ATK per cross scales high and fast.
    Here's my team.

[​IMG]

You'll notice it's mostly bind immune, and that's absolutely on purpose. You might also think it's quite messy, but actually in this team inherits matter.
    • Pollux has bride Scheat. I'll talk about it later when I get to Raijin, but TL;DR, I can't inherit a classic orb-changer onto Pollux because it removes a color. Bride Scheat doesn't, and her light-skyfall active skill really helps with this light-hungry team.
    • Sakuya has Enoch (3 turns shield + 3 turns TE). Sakuya fills the same kind of "support" role as Odindra and Rushana in my wood cross team, thanks to her jammer and blind resist (20% is unreliable, but it saved my ass countless times nonetheless), and bind immunity. So she gets a support inherit. You'll notice this team cruelly lacks fingers, so Enoch's AS is mostly here to fix that. Also, additional shielding on top of Pollux's and Paimon's makes the team very tanky.
    • Wukong has Momiji. I rarely use it though, I benefit more from A.Wukong's haste (it is very useful to orb-hungry teams).
    • Lmeta has Bride Akechi, for OE puroposes.
    • Bride Eschamali is an OE stick, a stat stick (with Yog inerhit and HP latents she gets 7k-ish HP) and a powerful orb change that induce a lot of light skyfall.
    This team has 100% OE skyfall (with Paimon + Eschamli + Pollux, OE becomes an actual damage source) and a fantastic active skill rotation : using Eschamali's AS will make a massive amount of light which I can use on 2 turns if I manage my orbs well, and then for 3 more turns I'll get increased light skyfall to so I can still match crosses. By then Bride Akechi might be up, so I can use it for more light, then A.Wukong, A.Pollux (maybe bride Scheat if she's up) and Paimon will all make light orbs and provide a haste. And if I did my thing well, in the next 2 turns Eschamali should be up again. And this rotation works surprisingly well. Also half of these AS actually make hearts so I can make both heart-crosses and light crosses. And if I need to stall or more time to match (I always need more time to match) there's Enoch available on Sakuya. All of that, with half of the team being bind immune and able to clear binds : a single row of hearts clears 9 turns, very convenient.

Oh yeah, and damage wise it works. A heart-cross + 1 light cross + 1 light combo + additional comboing gets me at the very least 5M+ global, and usually much closer to 10M ~ 13M because I have so many light on the board each turn. And when you make 2 or more is when things gets fun : it skyrockets because Paimon get's 4x for each cross.
    The only real issue is that matching heart-cross + light-cross <=~=> matching bi-color crosses. It requires care and time (hence, Enoch). Fortunately it's not anywhere as hard as with Odindra because here 5o1e is a non-issue.
    Other than that, A.Pollux X Paimon seems very solid to me. I get 40k HP with the badge thanks to Paimon's massive HP and this team doesn't even have a single 7c (that might or might not be a good thing for you, but personally I'm pretty proud of this).

• Raijin, rainbow / cross : 7x ATK when matching 5 attributes (4x at 3) ; 3x ATK for each light cross.
      → This one's potential is even higher than Fujin's ! It's also challenging to pull off (you basically match rainbow + some crosses) but pretty realistic with some practice in a 7x6 board ! You get x7 ATK for matching 5 attributes, and x3 ATK per cross, so even at one cross + rainbow you're already sitting on a x21 multiplier (168 paired with A.Pollux). It's quite the glass-cannon but other than that the potential is huge ! I can't wait to try it out.
    When I got my hands on a Raijin I spontaneously tried to use my Paimon team : it has plenty of light makers and only needs an additional color to work. Then I got into endless corridor, and figured that was a very wrong way to do things. Because here's the thing : by requiring you to match rainbow (all colors needed) AND light crosses (lots lof light needed), Raijin basically forbids you to use any orb-changer that converts something if that something isn't hearts.
    Here's what I did.

[​IMG]

This one's still somewhat of a WIP though. Quick overview :
    • Pollux's AS removes hazards and hearts, so it works with Raijin. As I said earlier, she has Bride Scheat inherited onto her to make light and hearts while not removing a single color, and provide additional light skyfall. That works with Raijin too.
    • Odindra is here mainly for attribute purposes, since all subs are bind immune. Pollux isn't so he can still be useful though, also he contributes a lot to the team stats and has a haste (which is valuable for good skill rotation). Eventually I'll take him out, but honestly I'm lacking good wood candidates. I think I'll go with Ragnarok Dragon. We'll see.
    • Myr has Tifa (FF collab) inherited onto her to provide shielding and make light by removing hearts. It works with Raijin. Eventually Myr will get the FUA Super Awakening when I can grab another super snow globe (I need so many of these, send help). Also great stats.
    • Ideal is Ideal.
      She also has Keiji Maeda (board refresh) inherited onto her. Other than that, Ideal is Ideal. Very high stats, triple 7c, high RCV, delay built-in her AS. That's Ideal for you.
    • We talked Sakuya earlier in this post. She has Enoch inherited onto her which is vital to the team because it cruelly lacks fingers.
    Time Extend is the main (and almost only ?) weakness of this team, because you need a lot to match rainbow + crosses but this team barely has enough. I'll probably end up using the TE badge instead of the HP one, and slap another Enoch onto Myr instead of Tifa. I'm not sure yet.
    Other than that, it kicks ass. Remember how with Fujin you can deal relevant damage with only one cross ? With Raijin it's even better (one cross with Fujin = x15 → one cross with Raijin = x21), so in the end you don't need to match 2 crosses anywhere near as often as with Fujin (who doesn't need it a lot to begin with). And when you do your damage sure scales fast.
    The best part about all of this ? You don't need to be a combo god to use Raijin because her LS starts at 3 attributes (x4), so in the end it activates on most boards. Raijin is really, really good. I'm enjoying playing her a lot, I just need to figure it out. I'll probably end up liking it more than Fujin, once I figure out to properly build and play this team.

Quick tips to build the team because it's definitely tricky :
    • Don't use non-heart attribute converter.
    • Get some fingers.
    • Get some rainbow board changers.
    • Get more fingers.
    • Don't forget about having all attributes in your team.
    • Try as much as you can to get 100% OE skyfall (Brachydios equip evo helps)
    • If you can, slap a FUA into the mix so you don't have to worry about it *afterwards* when it removes one of your colors :p
    I hope it helps !

AWOKEN ALRESCHA - Machine/Balanced - Water/Light

I wanted to conclude with Alrescha because she's my favorite in this bunch and this for a couple of reasons : her type, her attribute and her subs. Oh also, uber cute.
    → The subs and type part are pretty self explanatory, being balanced means she can have all killers (her ATK is not great by any mean though) and she has access to some very strong 7c subs.
    → Being water also means -and that is very important to me- that she can become bind immune with Mut equip evo. Short reminder ; Mut is a new 750k MP monster revealed in the 6th anniversary stream @JP that has an equip evo which provide 100% bind immunity to its wearer. But on the other side her active is pretty weak (no skyfall ; wood → water orb change) and on a very low CD (8 max). So while all cards can benefit from the bind immunity, non-water cards do it at the significant price of potentially losing an important active skill. It's not that much a problem for water cards because the AS still make water, so it's still usable. 8 turns CD is really short and will come up more often than you probably want to.
    It might or might not be relevant to you but it is to me :>
    → Also she's cute.
    PAD Island Beach Eschamali exist. She will fulfill your OE requirements, make massive amount of water orbs and increase by 15% the amount of water skyfall. If you have her, you want her in your team.

Anyway, back to the list. It's pretty short actually. I don't think there's too much relevant 5o1e leads (Sumire doesn't count...) or cross leads (...neither Sitri) within the water attribute (I absolutely not secretely hope Mega Awoken Skuld will be a cross lead).

• Beach Eschamali, type restricted / 5o1e : 1.5x HP & 3x ATK for Machines/gods ; 4x ATK for matching 5o1e.
      → See the part about Bride Eschamal- oh wait. (wood Eschamali, when (wood Elgenubi also works, I'm waiting, GungHo)

• You Yu, 5o1e : 2.5 ATK & RCV when matching 2 sets of water ; 6x ATK for matching 5o1e.
      → You Yu X A.Alrescha will probably be one of my favorite pairings. Their LS is basically identical, except You Yu's is stronger. Sounds familiar ? It might remind you of Roy Mustang. And while they don't have as much in common (outside their LS I mean), they'll make a fantastic pairing : 1/120/2.5 with 25% shield. Nothing too complicated, just a ridiculous amount of fire power when you bring the 7c (and it turns out water has plenty now). The absence of HP boost can be somewhat mitigated by water attribute having a lot of tanky cards.
      I'll play this sooooo much :>

• ULT/REVO KHEPRI. WHEN. This would be so fun please GH :>>>>
      → Actually with 15x ATK and bind immunity she would work great, and while she was borderline impossible to play with in a 6x5, in a 7x6 it becomes much more doable. If only she had relevant stats, come on GungHo, I'll play tons of Khepri if you give her an ult. Slap as many L-awakening as you want, she's probably the best card to receive a crapton of it, pleeeeaaaaase.

• Grato, rainbow / crosses : 6x ATK + 50% shield for matching rainbow (hearts not included) ; 2.5x ATK for each water cross.
      → Grato plays similarly to split Raijin, but trades a tinsy bit of firepower (x6 for rainbow instead of x7 ; x2.5 per cross instead of x3) for the great 50% shield (and actual stats and awakenings). Water lacks good cross leads, so Grato is probably the best so far. Its main downside is you either match the 5 attributes to get x6, or you get nothing. Which can be a problem (mitigated by the fact that you'll play in a 7x6 board though).
      Grato's active skill is inoffensive but will give more matching time than needed (x3 !) for you to match these crosses and attributes.

THERE YOU HAVE IT ! That was... a longer post than I thought. In the end, Awoken Constellations benefit the most to cross leads but they also have a playstyle that is flexible enough to be used with some other leads, which can be a nice change of pace if you ever get tired of playing pure combo leads ~
    Anyone else hyped yet ?!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    foxwaffles, Tek7, Snarf and 5 others like this.
  2. bp1976

bp1976 Pittsburgh, PA Born and Raised

User ID:
    Quick update, NY Yomi/Pollux would be a 1/96/1 with a 43.75% shield, as Yomi has a 25% shield cooked into her leader skill.

Great post and this is a lot of work. I think these cards are interesting, but to be honest, using them as a 7x6 is a stretch when Diablos gives you an 8.5x multiplier and a 25% shield without needing 8 oncolor orbs every time. Plus has better stats and awakenings, although his active is ass.

On the other hand, more people will have these, and could be interesting for leaderswaps, as you need your own 7x6 to leaderswap for 7x6 and these will definitely be viable for that.

Knomraski likes this.
  3. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    Eh?

I think they would run an awful lot like Enra + Mai currently runs, where currently Mai is x8, on a 6x7 lead, with a 25% shield, and a mild composition restriction. Pairing with Enra gets damage that, while less than anulblos levels of bannanas, is still quite fine.

The constellations seem a lot like Mai in their traits, though they each don't have as good a pairing as Enra. Still, I think they'll all mostly find pairing homes versus leads bringing high damage, since they're bringing 6x7, evening the typing is awkward or one card needs to stray off type.

They'll be a bit weaker than anulblos, just like Enra+Mai is a bit weaker, but they'll be omnipresent as far as availability goes, and the downgrade isn't that much.

I don't think you need to go crosses, or devolve into 5oe1 leads, just mix a five into your overall board solve. It's not too onerous an ask on huge 6x7 boards.

I have Mai randomly in alt, and play the Mai + Enra split all the time. The first thing I thought when I saw constellations info was, "those bitches are copycatting this split pair". Pad designers, so recycle lazy.

4. bp1976

User ID:
    Just about any combo, 5o1e, non-row lead you pair with Diablos would be better than pairing with Awoken Constellation. Diablos is just that broken. You dont need any particular color orbs to proc his leader skill. Only time it wouldnt be better is if you were running rows, which is counter-intuitive on a 7x6. Diablos is the king of PAD, literally. Mai needs orbs. Diablos doesnt. Diablos cant be orb trolled, has a higher multiplier, has the shield, is unbindable, has monster stats, fingers, a 7c... That is why its the number 1 lead on every tier list and has been since its release.

philsov and YamaKyu like this.
  5. HappyNoms

PADherder:
    link
    I agree with you 98%, though I've found in a couple months of playing Mai + Enra that I can't recall ever being orb trolled. It must have somehow happened, on top of not popping Mai or Enra to make orbs due to some kind of awoken bind into actives bind, but it's super rare if you're cleaning house on the board like you should.

Diablos main thing is he is a dps hitter in his own right with noticeable damage, and Mai is decided not, and the constellations don't look like hitters. Plus Diablos rainbow guard break has also been useful once or twice. I can't quite remember which 15m or 25m defense floor it was, but it came up once. All hail the king, baby.

I feel like the constellations, at 8+ orbs are a little orb hungry than any of the past mixes, and may get into more hungry hippo trouble, mostly on some c10 type of affair attempts. Though it's fine to creep the game up a bit, so the spread between leads is a little less enormous.

Arranging and YamaKyu like this.
  6. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Replying to watch thread and remind myself to go back and read later.

I have 3 Spica on my main and a strong green box on both accounts, so this is relevant to my interests.

Arranging, Freddy and YamaKyu like this.
  7. Freddyfudrucker

Freddyfudrucker Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Freddyfud
    I see potential in better system teams, but systems are meme. That and Balthier pairing or even better leader swap. Anyone who runs him would agree his active is one of the best for 5oe. Hell I even like running that twerp Prompto on occasion for the same active (well really since I don’t have Beach Esch, but it sounds good...)

YamaKyu likes this.
  8. YamaKyu

User ID:
    349-296-255
    Oh yeah you're right ! Thanks it's fixed !

If we take Diablos into account this whole thread is absolutely useless (until Constellation1 series get Reincarnated Evolutions), yup, very true. That is precisely why I didn't want to compare anything with him (although I have to admit it was unclear), because so far nothing can match Diablos 8)
    As I said at the end of my post, playing A.Constellations is first and foremost a change of pace from combo/rainbow leads. There plenty of reasons why combo (and rainbow) leads are so strong right now, but to me there are 3 big reasons :
    1. Diablos 7x6 boards exist
    2. 7c awakening exist.
    3. Combo shield punishes not making combos (so row and crosses are at a huge disadvantage, TPA is not favored as well) but almost nothing punishes making too much (yet GungHo *can* do this ; we've already had several spawns that react to your combo count)
    While we can't do anything about point 3°/, we can play around point 1°/ as 7x6 is not restricted to playing combos (it as a massive buff to crosses leads for example). And if you remove the 7c awakening to get your damage from something else (TPA or OE), there's not that much benefit to making that much combos ; sure it increases your damage, but the difference between hitting 6c and hitting 7c won't be as crucial as it is in a 7c based team.

My point here is we can get some fun and efficient teams that does not revolve around making a lot of combos, and A.Constellations -being 0% designed around combo related components- tend to encourage/facilitate this. That is the point of this thread o/
    I mean, even in a 7x6 board most players won't be able to consistently hit 8 combos (Diablos) while playing crosses ; it will require quite some practice. A.Constellations on the other hand don't care about your combo count so in the end it's better to trade 2 combos to squeeze one more cross in there. And sure, crosses are a niche case. But again, to me the point of A.Constellations is to encourage playing something else. And boy do I want to embrace that ♥

But yeah right now Diablos is just better because 7c is everywhere so hitting high combo counts is still crucial in a very large number of teams. Right now a team with 7c is objectively better than a team without, which is fine btw, it just limit the pool of cards that are really relevant. Heck, even my Meridionalis team has some 7c in it because I use Skuld, who is ironically my N°1 source of damage in the team :')

You can absolutely expect me to throw some keyboard mash in this thread when they hit NA.

Oh yeah right I forgot about Balthier ! Thanks, I added him to the list. I won't mention Prompto though because with only 8x ATK he's quite weak (I mean, that's A.Constellation1 max multiplier, and they bring a 7x6 board on top of that), but yup, that works !

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    xer 21 and Freddyfudrucker like this.
  9. Kami1337

Kami1337 Member

User ID:
    I will defenetly use Castor for my Nergigante-Team. I think I throw a Li/Macha on Nergigante, with the double shield its not hard to stall some turns. I love playing Nergigante and sometimes Combo-Shields are just super annoying and sometimes I just have to 7c so my Awoken Uranus can shine. Its doable on a 6x5 but it happens that the board is just bad and it hurts when the run ends because of that.

My Team will be most likely
    Awoken Castor [Nergigante Equip], Nergigante [Li/Macha], Awoken Uranus [Nees], RPersephone [Rathian equip], Serket [Batsi equip]. Maybe Ill use a Fujin on Castor, depending on Dungeon. Or switch the resists if they are not needed.

YamaKyu likes this.
  10. YamaKyu

User ID:
    349-296-255
    You pulled two Nergigantes zomg.

What are you using Serket for ? Poison resist stick ?

11. Kami1337

Kami1337 Member

User ID:
    I actually pulled 3 ^^" But well...hard to use all xD
    Jep I use Serket as Resistance-Stick. Most OSC use stupid mechanics and I like to go in blind :p

12. bp1976

User ID:
    Fair enough, I understand. But this team is orb hungry as hell, so you have to combo out the board to get your orbs anyway. There's a reason that combo teams are the meta, and that is that it naturally solves all of the problems you usually run into in a dungeon. (orb flow, damage, locked orbs, combo shields, etc.) Basically, at it's heart, PAD was always meant to be a combo game, and will always reward comboing out the board. (And by extension will also punish NOT comboing the board, unless it's Sopdet, in which case you magically have an unseen +7 combo count skyfall modifier LOL) Also, you are looking at a 7x6 lead, which is good for two things: Higher combo count or multiple crosses. Other than that, why are you running a 7x6 lead?

I'm not trying to rain on your parade here, honestly. I was excited about them too, until I realized that they are really orb hungry and just flat out not as good as Diablos. I do LOVE their new actives though, with the enhancing of orbs they become great hazard clearers with haste on a short CD. The light one will make a full enhanced board combined with LJorm or Yog, the dark one will make a full enhanced dark board with DNey, I do see some great applications, since the usual ways of making enhanced light and dark boards require longer CDs when inheriting. (Or in the case of Yog, the haste may help with certain 3P CTA builds hasting up the heartmaking active).

13. YamaKyu

User ID:
    349-296-255
    Ah yes, well I'm used to play orb-hungry teams ; it's only since Kamimusubi's arrival that I play non-orb hungry teams, and more recently Ideal got me into playing rainbow/combo. But before that I only played mono-color and orb-hungry teams (Meridionalis for a veeeery long time, Sumire, REvo Ceres rows, light healers) so I know the struggle quite well (alongside other struggles such as : why is it so hard to build a fully bind immune mono-color team, but that is a rant for another thread xD), it just turns out that I like it 8)

14. HappyNoms

PADherder:
    link
    Wait, why are you not just running dual OdinDra leads with lulzy flair, with a Spica triplets pseudo system going on, for x7152728181 modifier. Ok, x1838 actually, not taking 7c into account, but still.

samuelburtt and YamaKyu like this.
  15. philsov

philsov has sufficient privileges to post here

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    As someone who runs Balthier + Diablos for the majority of hardish content, Balthier+Spica doesn't really sound too appealing.

On a 7x6 board, it'll take substantial effort to not get two on-color combos. Therefore the only form of damage control is to not match-5, and 4x (or 6x) is too weak for chip damage for anything that calls for damage control outside of possibly Sopdet, the powercreeping gatekeeper, yes, even with some 7c subs imo.

Plus Diablos is bind immune with 7c and guard break, and since Balthier is rainbow anyways, it plays naturally into that.

But, yes, crossers such as Odindra or Acala will certainly get some vitality under these leads, namely because crossing even on a 7x6 rarely leads to the 8 combos that Diablos calls for.

~

As subs, their main teambuilding appeal is the double SBR. OEAs are amazing but I'd rather a 7c sub with a Gigas equip over Antares (e.g.). Base active is low CD with haste and hazard clear, so good for systems or sweeping, I suppose. Which is their already established roles -- the addition of the L unlock is niche but welcome, and more weighted stats is a good thing; linear upgrade, minimal powercreep.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    YamaKyu likes this.
  16. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Because I don't enjoy running cross leads as much as I enjoy running rainbow leads, combo leads, or Tardis.

I've got all the equipment run a pretty rockin' Shazel / Rushana ! Li setup in co-op with myself, but I just don't care to. There may come a day when the situation calls for it and I'll concede, but until then, I just run what's fun.

17. Lrrr

Lrrr Ruler of the planet Omicron Persei 8!

User ID:
    awoken spica + g/x Fujin

Could be quite nasty if crosses are your thing.

Also g/x fujin is a great sub in a kush + spica team

Arranging, Snarf and YamaKyu like this.
  18. YamaKyu

User ID:
    349-296-255
    OMG how did not notice that A.Spica X Fujin is one of the best A.Constellation pairings, thanks for reminding me, I added her to the list ! It does sound fantastic, and since I have a Fujin I'm very likely to end up playing that too :> !

19. Arranging

Arranging Searching for the finest silk and Cotton!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Never thought of pairing A Spica and Fujin, can't wait to play around with that once Fujin evo comes around :D

20. Lrrr

Lrrr Ruler of the planet Omicron Persei 8!

User ID:
    fujin + spica with 2 green crosses and 6 combos = higher multiplier than Anublos.

Arranging and YamaKyu like this.