Let's talk Kaede (New Split)

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by Kami1337, May 16, 2018.

1. Kami1337

Kami1337 Member

User ID:
    So Kaede hit NA this morning (I'm from Germany and it was morning! :p ) and I am totally in love with her new split evo. No Skyfall-Leader with a swooping x625 if 2 wood combo and 6 or less orbs remain.

Already played a few games with her and the more I use her the more I like it. It's cool to NOT just do 7c to hit some serious dmg but instead do 2 wood tpa and solve the board.

I started with Kaede/Kaede/Kaede/Vushni/Alphonse.
    I did like the skyfall from Vishnu but the more I played the more I thought its no nessessary. For most floors just x100 from board clear is more than enough (about 250k from each Kaede). I inherited GrOdin equip on one Kaede and Alphonse had to go.

My Team right now is Kaede [Fujin], Kaede [GrOdin equip], Kaede [Oichi], Rushana (???), Romia/Nees.

I cant decide who wins in the last slot. Nees gives massive HP which are great to reach certain thresholds. Romia is a very nice TE Stick and get get a 2nd DK as SA. The more I think about it, the more I tend to Nees. Kaedes shield is just 43,75% so reaching over 50k HP solo is a big plus. Gotta play it more to be sure.

Also I know GCotton would be best FUA but I dont want to disolve my BCotton :p

What are your thought on her after the first day in NA? :)

2. MrBoogs

MrBoogs The Old Man

User ID:
    Do you have Sylvie? I was personally considering her new split for that spot, since she also has an FUA

3. Kami1337

Kami1337 Member

User ID:
    I don't own Sylvie but I just thought Momiji is actually a perfect sub for her. 3 Finger, 2 TPA (3rd as SA) and a low CD tricolor boardchange.

Just ran A1 - A3 with Kaede [Fujin], Kaede [GrOdin equip], Kaede [Oichi], Momiji [Momiji], Nees [A. MHera] and it went pretty smooth. Friend Kaede had also a Fujin and I hoped I dont run into Sop, Vishnu and HeraDra. Was lucky and got 2 of them so I could just pop Fujin and kill.

I think I will need more DK on Kaede to 1KO HephDra with Momiji Board. Only big issue is NoahDra rn. I dont think I can stall her for 99 turns and the dmg is too high to chip her down.

4. Tachii

Tachii Scrubby Sauce

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    She reminds me of the lazy Awoken Liu Bei/Zeus teams and how you can just use her 100x which is already stronger than Reincarnated Liubei's LS that's only 81x. Add any biboard changer for the 625x and bypass combo pre-empts and it looks like one of the easiest coop leads to date. IDK, I haven't been following PAD in a while but her LS looks insanely simple to activate with a Zeus farm team on coop.

Vaedriel and Cheeseghost like this.
  5. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    Someone said in a post a while ago just inherit indigo on kaede and pop her turn one and lock orbs down the middle alternating water, dark...then pop your dios for coop, for sbr put a Raguel on a team with a dios inherit...for solo I'm thinking for easy content, kaede(indigo), dios, dios, dios, Avalon drake and sbr badge...pop drake turn 1, next floor dios are up, pop dios then indigo then sweep floors...if friend has dios or drake inherit you'll have 5 swept floors and you could always clear a few without actives on harder content...

6. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    Rushana is also on color with a FUA and decent awakenings, if you don't want to revamp cotton and don't possess Sylvie, and as its realm of possibility you develop rushana anyway for lulzy rushana lead fun on stray occassion. She can be cd4 for a reasonable inherit with enough soul-crushing skillups, (or rainbow pii from S-Rank mode, if we're honest). The time manipulation base active can conceivable see edge use.

Just offhand remarking in case unaware of the option.

7. Kami1337

Kami1337 Member

User ID:
    That was me *g* But I dont wanna say Kaede can just be a lazy farmer

Jep trying Rushana as well. Her OE can spike the dmg a bit more. Would inherit Momiji, the tri color board is pretty amazing with Kaede.

Still gotta get used to her playstyle. Often fail to activate the LS cuz I try to match on the fly like I did with most combo leader...she is more the type of Leader that needs a bit more of planing :)

8. philsov

philsov has sufficient privileges to post here

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Seeing that 625.00x is so damn satisfying...

Also Chronus hitting things for 100m by himself on a random board, 225m+ after a robin hood active is kinda cool.

I've got Verd for FUA and Odindra as my cleric. Board solves are leaning more towards 7-8 combos and less TPA, but damage optimization is a fairly moot point since things go from "dead" via TPA to "dead" via mass combos

9. Kami1337

Kami1337 Member

User ID:
    Chronus is the only one I miss from the set. But I have 2 Uranus, 4 Hestia, 4 Tethys,... lol
    My Kaede usually hits for about 28mio which is pretty much all I ever need. If something has more HP it usually has a VDP shield rn. Too bad I miss any good VDP in green :(

10. Gargoyle242

Gargoyle242 Blender Addict

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm all about the board changers with Kaede, since I still suck at full board solving. My team is:
    Kaede(Avalon Drake)/Kaede(Sylvie)/Revo Meimei(Revo Meimei)/sub ult-Sylvie(Verdandi)/G-Ney(Grodin)

11. Kami1337

Kami1337 Member

User ID:
    Works in short dungeons but in longer ones it doesnt work that well I guess. Died in a3 twice today cuz I failed to do full LS. Hurts but pain only makes us stronger and I think it is a very refreshing leader. All other leads are match 3 boards or sparkle and combo to 7...

12. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I enjoy her a lot as well. I have been using Fujin/Vishnu/Cotton/odindra as subs and only have done arena 1 with it, was very fun. I'll probably drop odindra in the future as didn't seem needed. Might inherit fujin instead as well. I'm thinking that if i dont bring 7c subs, Noahdra might be manageable by doing 100x to get down, then full activation with no TPA at 75% shield? Only annoying issue i the low team HP even with the badge

13. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    I actually meant, Rushana as a FUA sub, not lead, as she has weighted stats over a 1000, and sports a good 1k more hp than Momji. You give up a couple finger awakenings vs rushana having just one, but those may be already overkill on time such that it's superfluous.

14. CloudnineXXX

CloudnineXXX Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Extremely fun to play, even more so on 7x6, but super punishing when you fail to activate her LS.

Vaedriel likes this.