Let's talk Revo Izanagi

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by Pacodios, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Pacodios

Pacodios Resident Teambuilding Dingus

User ID:
    Pacodios
    PADherder:
    link
    Revo Izanagi
    God / Balanced / Dragon
    LS: 50% shield and 4x ATK with cross heal. 2x ATK/RCV to God/Dragon/Balanced type cards.

Doesn't this just straight up outclass Myr? The type restriction has about zero impact (Name a good Myr sub that isn't one of those types) and the attack multiplier is better for the same amount of work, plus the rcv bonus. I'm aware that the time buff is important for many player, but putting player skill aside, is this just Myr 2.0?

xer 21 likes this.
  2. Argly902

Argly902 DALTON

PADherder:
    link
    Myr is unbindable, and that's huge (unless I missed something and revo iza is unbindable now too)

His active, while short, is still fairly redundant and outclassed by Myr's

In short, no, he's not Myr 2.0
    However, I would say in the end he's on par. You're sacrificing a fair amount of utility for extra damage and RCV, that's all there is to it

3. Moyuba

Moyuba Well-Known Member

User ID:
    743 341 270
    PADherder:
    link
    Paimon

Dando likes this.
  4. Gargoyle242

Gargoyle242 Blender Addict

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Where in the titty fucking Christ is revo Amaterasu & Isis?! Finish one set before you start on another GH! Ok, breath...alright, that's out of my system. Does anyone have the translations for Satsuki's split ults?

nickjr and Iluvatar like this.
  5. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    True

6. AMDZen

AMDZen ZeN@PF ¥ Baby ZuOh

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Here are his stats BTW

HP:4578 / ATK:1888 / RCV:493

Some serious HP

7. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    From what one of the comments stated on PADX, the last screen shot of "55"s is the one to receive new evolutions in the upcoming months so Amaterasu is going to get one. Isis on the other hand isn't on the list so I'm not sure what her status is but it's odd that she's the only one of that pantheon without a REVO now.

Regarding REVO Izanagi, he doesn't necessarily outclass Myr because Myr still has her ridiculously long TE built into her leaderskill and her active pretty much guarantees activation. Is Izanagi good? Yeah, but he's more on-par with Myr when it comes to viability rather than outclassing her.

philsov, nickjr and Gargoyle242 like this.
  8. Vizzle

Vizzle Active Member

I'm there with you guys. Izanagi should be there for the folks that didn't jump on the Myr band wagon (like myself) and want to explore the cross heart leads fwiw to spice up game play. I have both so idc which one I use, only recently made myr to please my local coop buddies.

9. Paul Blank

Paul Blank Defeater

User ID:
    Paul
    How about pairing him with Myr. His active is redundant and the extra rcv is a little much. Also choosing the bindproof leader badge with using your own Izanagi paired with Myr is still bindproof leaders. Also helps a little with the time difference between two Myr vs one vs none.

Makes them a
    1/56/2
    With the heart cross shield as well.

PDF3 likes this.
  10. mtb911

mtb911 Semi Retired Recovering Addict

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I know Izanagi/Myr has been trying to get going in JP for a while. I Hypered my Awoken Iza when he came out hoping one day that Gung Ho would realize REM>Farmable and would make him stronger but alas...I have played Myr/Myr and Iza/Myr. My Myr team is never lacking for RCV so Iza loses on that benefit. I find that I miss the TE when I play Iza...call me lazy. Iza's active is a great boost for a team that never needs one.

11. Joshsp1985

Joshsp1985 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I wouldn't say "never" but is definitely not needed much. There are still times when you want a boost like L.Kali

12. Fam-iel

Fam-iel Can't pull Leilan >_<

User ID:
    Personally I like him a lot.
    His new ult allows for pretty great damage control, from 4x to 64x, allowing for him to take on Parvati and Sopdet pretty handily. Considering one of Myr's greatest problems was with damage control, I say this is a pretty nice buff, and the extra RCV allows for pretty efficient stalling in cases of emergency. However, his bindability would force him to run a cleric, and the restricted time (compared to Myr) means that better skill is required. Repeats of a low-CD Nuke active would also mean he needs a sort of inherit.
    So. Aesthetically, he outclasses Myr by a long run, in damage control and actual damage. However, an over-repetitive active, bindability, and lower time brings him down to more or less the same level as her.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
    mtb911 likes this.
  13. Vizzle

Vizzle Active Member

He's just not going to be newbie friendly is all. Just like Ra players from wayyyyy back before when "awakenings" were a thing. Ra players matched all 5 orb types with same 4sec time frame or whatever it is. It's only in the past 2 years or so that Ra is playable by the average joe with finger awakenings. Just brings the game back to its roots, step 1, stare at phone/board, step 2, plan the orb route, step 3, destroy everything or rage at phone for sucking.

Either way, I'm going to be using revo izanagi over myr probably myself. Shine flare ring will probably be better off on izanagi anyway. I'm on the same boat with one of the earlier comments. Rem>farmable, and this revo delivers. The active can always be over written nowadays. Even with a lack luster active like single orb changer or something bigger and better like Momiji or any of the many tricolor light/heart/whatever board changers now GH released izanagi will be just fine.

mtb911 likes this.
  14. BoBo

BoBo Awoken Yomi / Verdandi

User ID:
    BoBo
    Myr has time extends in her LS.

15. philsov

philsov has sufficient privileges to post here

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    *waves Unicorn Rider flag*

That said, Myr + Izanagi is (much like present day), better than izanagi+izanagi. All the Revo does is make him go from 7x to 8x. OH BABY (also there's a tiny nod for anti-sopdet with non-cross multiplier)

4x RCV is absurd but 2x is good enough since you'll be heart crossing so often, and co-Myr offers +2 seconds and unbindability (with heart cross shield) which covers Izanagi's weaknesses.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  16. Vizzle

Vizzle Active Member

The +2 secs is always nice, but the bind ability is easily remedied with a unbindable badge. Every time I run into a Sopdet I always either kill it in 2 turns or ends up being the 4th turn. Either you know how to kill her with very little dmg, or you fall flat vs her. It is what it is, noobs will be noobs. And if Sopdet is a problem, use a different lead

17. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    I am confused by people listing all the ways Myr is better and then saying Izanagi is about the same level. What does Izanagi have that makes up for Myr's advantages: unbindable, TE, no type restriction, and a more consistently useful active?

The damage scaling on Izanagi is nice. The RCV buff and the slightly higher attack multiplier seem irrelevant. He still looks like a worse Myr.

18. Argly902

Argly902 DALTON

PADherder:
    link
    Some people hate Sopdet more than they value Myr's advantages

Also, the type restriction doesn't matter much at all. There are only a few subs that don't fit under the three types.

However, I'd agree revo iza isn't quite on Myr's level, although he is definitely better off than he was before revo

19. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    I think there's a pretty standard strat for Sopdet, making light rows without a heart cross. Of course there are always risks.

Someone mentioned Paimon. Last I heard, he was a preferred Myr sub. I don't really keep up with the whaley optimal setups, but they certainly play a role in something being considered a top-tier lead. At the other extreme, there is Myr's flexibility allowing you to bring wonky off-meta subs. Like I know a few people swear by Moogle as a Myr sub, for some reason.

Yup, basically this.

20. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    Its one step forward, one step back for Izanagi.

IzanagixIzanagi was never a good matchup. You lose too much time to match and the tradeoff for RCV becomes redundant. The plus one of each active is preferable to two Iza actives. What Izanagi allowed you to do was be over 30k natural hp but be able to heal off three orbs when you are stuck in a loop of needing to heal or kill but unable to get 5 heal orbs and having no actives up.

Now, with the damage split between base multiplier and heart cross means you NEED to run on type-subs, losing out on 2x RCV on 1 sub was doable, losing out on a significant chunk of the ATK multiplier AND the RCV is not so. Meaning me, with my Paimon, is going to have to bump him/her/it from the team. Also since IzaxIza isnt as good as IzaxMyr, that base 4x ATK multiplier is actually just a base 2x which I guess helps with Sopdet, but not by much.

For me I am going to have to rethink whether I keep Paimon on the team or not Revo Izanagi.