LKali vs DKali

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by arcadium, Jul 1, 2015.

1. arcadium

arcadium Pantsu hero!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Surfing the godfest threads, I see that DKali is very sought after, despite those same users also have LKali.

Just wondering, what makes DKal better than LKali?

2. Brendon

Brendon Active Member

User ID:
    Brendon
    PADherder:
    link
    She isnt "better" then lkali its just she is a great sub for all color leads. 1. Dkali has great coverage for dark 2. Her active is like kali's except with hearts added, but essentially dkali active gives u a board where u can activate any color lead (ra, lkali, etc) 3. Her awakenings are spot on for color leads (2 time extends!) and when her ulti comes she brings a tpa and sbr which is always amazing (shes also unbindable which is nice too). Everyone wants dkali because she is more rare than lkali (dkali is a 6 star monster while lkali is 5) so many people probably already have a lkali, but not a dkali.

ainvar likes this.
  3. philsov

philsov has sufficient privileges to post here

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Half the reason I want a dkali is because I have four LKalis and a horde of wasted devilits.

DKali notably has an additional time extension, is dragon type for Zaerog/Fagan/Sonia Gran, and the addition of hearts into the actives means
    a) healing, derp
    b) additional burst via combo with heartbreaker of choice

4. awkward.fistbumps

awkward.fistbumps semi-retired from pad. Full stam most days

PADherder:
    link
    the darker the berry the sweeter the juice. Ive heard lol

Dkali i want for those sweet time extends since Im ready to replace yomi and her weak-ish stats and long cd active that I never use.

Hexsas likes this.
  5. arcadium

arcadium Pantsu hero!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    That makes sense... though I wish she was a better leader.

6. Fizzydrink

Fizzydrink My drinks are overly carbonated

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    DKali I want for literally everything. Time extends are nice, but I frankly love her usage as an unbindable bind remover (via a row of hearts) and her skill bind resist. And I like her active more than LKali's because you can heal or pair with a heartbreaker for super boost times. If I get her, it would also complete so many perfect teams that I am working on.

7. Dang

Dang Active Member

User ID:
    I think most of it is covered pretty well here. Dkali's awakening skills in addition to her active skill make her likely the best sub for any rainbow color team out there.

As mentioned, dkali also makes hearts. Sometimes you do need to heal up to survive a pre-emptive on the next floor while also activating the leader skill. Sometimes you also don't have any heart orbs or heal actives so you just use her skill to heal and stall. Very versatile. Once she gets her ultimate she'll be just that much better.

Of course lkali has some better features as well, such as better burst potential with the tpas and active without hearts to deal more color damage, but this thread asked about why people like dkali!

8. Harbinger

Harbinger Outlander

I've been wanting her for the same reasons as most above - she makes a great dark sub for an L.Kali. Yomi is a decent alternative though. I also have about 10 devilits that are just taking up space, haha.

9. HeartlessIndigo

HeartlessIndigo Inactive Member

PADherder:
    link
    I want lkali tbh....

I have 2dkalis and no lkalis...

10. chiubag

chiubag Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    DKali has saved my butt quite a few times when I've needed to heal up and have a chance at activating a colour lead LS as well. Plus yeah, unbindable, and when her Uevo comes she can remove binds too!

11. jlarimore

jlarimore Well-Known Member

If you can get a Scholarship Student Isis, then I think Dark Kali is a lot less important. I am just imagining a team of 5 light kalis and that Isis. There is almost nothing that team could not take on. Isis is bind immune and clears bound kalis. Actives are up immediately and can be used almost every round. Full skill bind immunity. 11 TPAs. Death on a stick mate.

12. JamesCID

JamesCID Athena Follower

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You are missing a lot of utility and potentially trolling your own board if a kali active only spawns 3 light orbs though, which would rend all your TPAs useless. Not to mention the lack of heal orbs everall which are hardly made up by Isis active, that's why DKali is also top tier in a LKali team, it's a kali active with the option to heal you back.

A team with a damage multiplier, a different way to burst, or a delay would have way higher survavility .

I have had better success with running the following:

General all around:

Full Skill Bind Resist:

Safety Net for high HP enemies:

And now with the full skill bind resist team is about to change.

13. Sca map ac

Sca map ac Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You're missing spike and green coverage, a fast orb changer would be nice too. Granted, LKali is much better for SS Isis than DKali, most particularly because of the fact that LKali is healer and benefits from Isis's passive attack and HP Multipliers, while DKali does not. IMO a better team for SS Isis would be something like SS Isis - Reine - Sun Quan - Flex (Likely some damage reduction or a second LKali) - LKali - SS Isis.

Back on topic - DKali is more desirable because she's harder to pull and has more utility/slotting options as a sub than LKali does in general.

14. JamesCID

JamesCID Athena Follower

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link

Pretty sure he meant leading with kali, notice the 1 SS Isis + 5 LKalis part. And L Kali doesn't need Green.

Sca map ac likes this.
  15. Sca map ac

Sca map ac Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ah kk true, I thought he was leading with SS Isis .__.

16. arcadium

arcadium Pantsu hero!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    ...You guys realize that I don't have a S.S.Isis right?

17. JamesCID

JamesCID Athena Follower

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    That's why @jlarimore mentioned IF you can get a SS isis, though I agree this tangential to your topic I don't think it was really a suggestion aimed specifically to you alone.

18. ainvar

ainvar Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The main reason though is that DKali is way harder to roll and is an optimal sub on several popular teams, notably LKali and Ra.

19. arcadium

arcadium Pantsu hero!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Not for my weird reverse-luck is not!

ainvar likes this.