Looking For Team Building Advice

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by wilk, Mar 4, 2017.

1. wilk

wilk Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hello!

I'm new to the forum, but have been playing for close to a year. While I have been able to clear quite a few dungeons, I'm pretty sure the team I'm using is not optimal, nor is it likely the best team I can field. I did set up a PADHerder account earlier and hopefully the link is accessible in my profile.
    I have only really been trying to make as many combos as I can without any real strategy, so I am open to suggestions. I would like to explore other ways to run dungeons and learn how to use other teams :).

On a side note, with the current PAD events, it looks like I will be able to accumulate 300,000 monster points before the end of the month. I am considering one of the MP dragons, or one of the four nobles (all of which are currently available). Based on my current monster box, what should I consider to obtain, or should I wait until I accumulate additional monsters via REM?

Any input would be greatly appreciated, and I look forward to reading your responses!

2. giuseppe

giuseppe Member

User ID:
    giuseppe
    PADherder:
    link
    I love Sumire (obvi) as she was the first lead I cleared Arena with; my team was something like Sumire / A. Isis / Sumire / Sarasvati / Skuld

But you could just as easily run a pretty powerful Sarasvati team with so many row subs like Gabriel and Mori and Blodin, of course, with maybe Hatsume or Sitri as well. Actually, I could almost run that same team; I've sort of switched from Sara to Meridionalis, lol.

Sara is a pretty good lead since you have to be aware of your actives a lot and while her skyfall helps with consistency, you still have to clear a row + 2 water combos + as many other combos as possible to keep a constant stream of water orbs up.

As far as MP dragons go, I don't see an easy and obvious one to pick, but I haven't bought any or even really thought about it very much.

Feel free to add me; I have a lot of leads close-ish to yours and I'm always happy to put up anything you might request, although my padherder is sadly out of date :(

wilk likes this.
  3. wilk

wilk Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thank you for your reply! I'll try out your suggestion using Sara as lead and Sitri as the final sub. As for Blodin, I have both of the current ult evos. For this team, is it better to have 3 TPAs or 2 Resistance-binds and an extra Skill Boost. I'm leaning more toward the resistance-binds, but thought I should ask.

As far as adding you, do you mean PAD, PAD herder, both? I apologize for my lack of understanding. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it eventually!

giuseppe likes this.
  4. giuseppe

giuseppe Member

User ID:
    giuseppe
    PADherder:
    link
    I think it depends! Since you have a lot of row-heavy subs, probably the extra skill boost one with the bind resist; then you could inherit a bind clear active like Green Odin or an orb change like Hatsume onto him for extra utility, since Blodin's enhance isn't super great.

Feel free to add me on PAD :) I didn't realize until you mentioned it that you could add friends on PADHerder. I'll try and get mine a little more up-to-date, since I've been wanting to do that for a while.

5. wilk

wilk Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I've tried out the team a few times and like what it can do when i'm able to make multiple water combos. I even managed to do 5 row combos, 3 of which were water and 2 of which were fire (after using Mori's skill). I happen to have another Mori, and another Sara, both of which I can ult evo eventually. Instead of using Sitri or Hatsumi (currently using Sitri), would it be more optimal to use either Mori or Sara as that final sub? What about using Sumire as that last sub or A. Isis? Assuming I ult evo Mori to have sub blue, this would give me 4 more rows and another skill that can put lots of water orbs on the board.

Do any of the 3 options I mentioned appear to be a good idea? If not, would it be possible to explain why? For example, perhaps one of Sara or Sumire are just not suited to be in a sub role. Perhaps, my team would be too row heavy if I added a second Mori.

For Blodin, I decided to try out your suggestion and inherited Grodin's ability. As I am typing this, I realized that I could also switch Blodin's inherit from Grodin to Mori for the orb change ability instead of using 2 Moris.

In any event, I'm liking the team and will be looking to max skill them all and add Latent Tamas (should I aim more for etx move time? Does it matter?)

6. giuseppe

giuseppe Member

User ID:
    giuseppe
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, those are all reasonable suggestions.

It all depends on the content you're trying to clear. I believe the fine people on this forum and elsewhere have done the math and after about 10 row awakenings or so the returns start to diminish and you want to stack enhanced orbs on top of them.

I like Sitri since she doesn't erase heart orbs but is a double orb change, so maybe you could inherit her onto something else.

Isis is a great sub since she has a low CD skill and you can inherit anything on her (I have Grodin on mine for the bind clea ). Sumire and Sara add TEs and Orb Enhances which are nice, but I think with your Sara and your friend Sara, you have all the skyfall you could want, so I'd be tempted to use Sumire.

If you have dupes and you're not sure what to do, you can always inherit their skill onto the original (I.e., Mori onto Mori) for a fake skill delay resist.

Latents almost always depend on application; you will probably want Skill Delay Resists on your Sara to keep the orbs falling in your favor, and Time Extends have such a tiny effect that idk if they're worth it. It's all up to you. Ask around on the forum; other people have waaay more experience than I do.

7. wilk

wilk Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    What's the best thread and/or forum group/subgroup to ask these questions? I'm interested in setting up multiple teams in addition to the one you suggested (other mono color teams perhaps and or other themed teams). I can currently make 9 teams and I'm only using 2.

8. giuseppe

giuseppe Member

User ID:
    giuseppe
    PADherder:
    link
    Q&A under the Monster Lineup subforum is a good place! I find myself going there to ask a question only to find someone has already answered it, but you should be able to get quality advice specific to you for your teams there!

9. wilk

wilk Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thank you for all the help so far!

10. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    As far as MP goes, you've got Akechi plus Haku as solid YomiDra subs. Various other stuff as decent, though you don't yet have four truly optimal subs like everything was gift wrapped up, just reasonable stand ins for the last couple sub slots. Fine to wait, fine to snag, whichever preferred. It's not like you don't have alb and various other stuff for farming points or rogues.

People often ask in either qa or the teams subforum, with not much discipline, so post as you please. A mention of skill level, playstyle preference, and goals is always helpful, but optional.

11. wilk

wilk Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link

Thank you for the tips. I'm looking to at least change my signature to display my teams (still thinking about format) to at least give others an idea for what my play style could/would be (assuming that team composition helps someone read into that). Otherwise, as I am making future posts, I'll bear in mind such items as skill level, play style preference and goals to help facilitate a solution.