Lucky 7's Tournament

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by taen, Jul 30, 2018.

1. taen

taen Member

PADherder:
    link
    Man, this one is annoying. I completed it the first time, but a STRONG word of advice, do NOT leave any poison orbs from (floor 3?, dunno) as they will be locked and not removable for the rest of the board.

I wasn't aware, there are no orb unlocks on any of the fixed team, and lucky me, I left 2...

Which meant that to activate Raph for the pony, I needed to basically work with just 3 remaining orbs. Not trivial for my amateur orb matching skills. Reminded me of the 'joy' of the old Anubis match requirements.

I will try a few more times as 25 stamina isn't much, it's an interesting challenge, and that pony is one incredible roll.

How did you do thus far?

-T

tanpopo, Cheeseghost and Murdurus like this.
  2. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Pop LKali on Hel. It's the easiest way to just get rid of the poisons and not have to deal with them. You could try to match them but they may ruin your activation. Not really worth it unless you're going for a crown and need that precious second.

I only finished one run. Like 10.5%. Exited all the others when I didn't kill stuff. Ranking on a Monday morning...I'm not even half awake yet.

tanpopo and Cheeseghost like this.
  3. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    First floor you just need to get the 16x to sweep, second floor you need 16x with like a light tpa or something, 3rd floor I was popping kali, or roots, usually roots, and saving Kali for sutr, valk I've been trying to wing, and boss hexazeon and hope you get a nice 8 combo...this is all good in theory, but not when I try lol

4. Flandre

Flandre Scarlet Devil Staff Member

Got a couple of 144k+ runs in about 3 bars of stamina and then ended up with this. Not too happy with it since I scored a little higher in JP but I'll just run on natural stamina the rest of the week and try to beat it, need to dump stones tomorrow in Super Godfest instead of this garbage dungeon.

Edit: Got this on my other account too, guess I'm done

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  5. tanpopo

tanpopo adventure!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I tried to Raph + Valk to see if it would kill a floor, but then I realized that A.Raph doesn't make the full heart board anymore :facepalm:

Ovine, xer 21 and ko300zx like this.
  6. ko300zx

User ID:

Nice score as always. I used 2 stones on stam knowing I couldn't do half a GF roll but I immediately regretted it. Should have saved them for later in the week when my brain has recovered from the weekend.

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::dead::dead::dead:

Flandre likes this.
  7. James1605

James1605 Active Member

My main account hit 900 days last week, but this is so far beyond me. I don't play rainbow leads and couldn't clear a board if my life depended on it. I can't tell you how long it took to finish this on my main account, because the timer only goes up to 999. :) And my alt account was actually going much worse (most of the team was bound at one point), but then, purely by luck, I ended up with less than whatever orbs left on the boss and killed him at "only" 700-something seconds over. :)

I got my stones for completing it and couldn't be happier to be done with it. Have fun. :)

dognasty likes this.
  8. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Spent about two stamina bars to get to 11.3%. Going to stop there and hope it sticks.

Basically you just hope for boards where you can do high combos. The last 3 floors are the only ones where you absolutely need the < 5 orbs remaining condition.

9. taen

taen Member

PADherder:
    link
    yup, this dungeon makes it clear I suck :/. I can consistently hit 7 combo's, but ensuring that low # of orbs remain is hard for me :(

I'll be lucky if I place above 50% unless I run it 20+ times.

-T

10. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I spent a bar of stamina running it and only got 31%. The first several attempts were definitely just learning how much damage is necessary and how to even play the team but after that, I just felt like I was performing poorly and couldn't activate when I needed to because I was a split second off. The last floor is also a huge pain to have to hit 8 combos on turn one which is totally up to RNG; popping Hex helps but even still, it's RNG.

Over all, I think this ranking dungeon is fun but when you take into account that it's not just the team and the dungeon but also other players that you're competing against, it really takes the fun out of it... especially when I ran it 16 times only to get 31%.

11. Tyizor

Tyizor Wandering Planaria

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Got 13% on my recent run. I'm hoping that holds.
    Consistently playing Kaede certainly helped, but the difference between 5 and 6 orbs is surprisingly large... it took me several tries to get one run where I cleared every floor in 1 try.
    Definitely suggest popping Kali for Hel and Hexagon for the last floor. Floor 1 and 2 can be cleared just by comboing hard. Valk and Hel can technically also be cleared while doing so, but I wouldn't recommend it. You need at least a tpa on hel and 2 lights for valk.

Shinigami Yuki likes this.
  12. Shinigami Yuki

Shinigami Yuki Things are getting hectic.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    This is so me. Would always activate if it was 6 orbs. Getting that 5th is annoying. Basically stops you from just force matching the whole board which is hard to get out of the habit. You think you have done well until you see that one extra orb just sitting there...

Tyizor likes this.
  13. taen

taen Member

PADherder:
    link
    I managed a 'not complete crap' run and landed @ around 50%... the leave few orbs leader skills are not my cup of tea.

Will probably run a few more times to see if I can push higher up, but at least I finished with time left on the clock, lol!

-T

14. Paul Blank

Paul Blank Defeater

User ID:
    Paul
    Did three runs the third with a 130k score and I’ll just leave it at that. I’ll try hard/more if it looks like I’ll get pushed out the 17% but I’ve been in a downswing since no PadGuide and the super short Osc windows with little to no announcement. Sucks to miss these tiny windows cause of work and other reasons. Of course I can use discord and find someone to mercy run me but that’s besides the point, they should’ve run for a day.

15. ko300zx

User ID:
    Ugh, so tired of hearing about the OSC window.

16. FoxtrotFool

FoxtrotFool Well-Known Member

I am sleep deprived, and my brain cannot proc the Raphael leader skill anymore... 120 is my max before the lack of sleep, and no way close for 17%.

17. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I was sitting on about 134k, pretty content with just a new box trophy. But that 7.4% was taunting me, and I had 50 stam with nothing to do. On the last run I was probably going to do...

B0E09A01-2F4C-461F-BC51-87A78646C9BB.jpeg

Crown #2! It's no crazy score or anything, but it's well above JP crown cutoff and NA isn't gonna hit that anyway. Hooray!

ko300zx likes this.
  18. ko300zx

User ID:
    Nice! I'm at 6.4. Barely hanging on lol. I had a perfect run last night. Had 9 combos every turn and they were well setup so they were quick. Last board I 8c and leave 6. Even had time to fix but the adrenaline was going and I just dropped the orb then saw it. Been failing all day now lol.

Rolling stones has just been pissing me off lately so I've actually stoned for stam a few times. Good practice and I at least get something out of the stones. Really did a 180 lately with my behavior/thoughts on ranking.

Trap likes this.
  19. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    That's the worst. My heart was pounding when I realized I was on a crowning run. Hope you get there.

Stoning for stam is very rewarding when you get so many runs per stone. It's what motivated me to crown last ranking. Didn't stone much on this one but definitely threw bars of stam at it when I didn't feel like actually thinking in some harder content.

ko300zx likes this.
  20. ko300zx

User ID:
    Your last two runs have been crazy good. Did you just start going for them recently?

Edit: Just blew through 2 more stones just botching boards left and right. I think the grinding just has my brain fried. Gonna walk away for the night, try again over the weekend. Soooooo frustrating knowing that I can do it, based on the great run I had that I failed on the last floor, only to continue making silly mistakes.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    Trap likes this.