LZL worth investing in?

Discussion in 'Monster Lineup' started by bullion, Sep 13, 2014.

1. bullion

bullion New Member

just rolled a light ZGL just now. is he worth investing with mybox? i main ronia dmeta and working on pandora and GZL now. kirin is kind of my side project.

what's the ideal ZGL team? stacking healer or two prong?

2. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    It might be worth it. It's hard to say 'cuz you've got so much other stuff. E.g., LZL could be a cool Kirin sub for covering blue, but you can potentially use LMeta in that spot (better for dealing with binds in various Descends).

LZL can be a strong leader, but it's likely safer if you pair with LMeta friends. You can use DQXQ as a sub and try for a row enhance light healer team, but there aren't many options. Maybe...

LZL/LZL
    * LMeta
    * DQXQ
    * Valk
    * Sandalphon

Gives you four light rows, but LMeta may not be enough to keep your hp maxed in many dungeons. And you're likely still better off with King Shynee over Sandalphon.

I don't really know the optimal LZL setups.

3. Vorpal

Vorpal Ded

There isn't one. And you can't stack two prongs on an LZL team like he's asking. The only other healer two prongs you can use are Hatsume and U&Y.

4. Stunna

Stunna Dual Ronia Apologist

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I don't really see the point of light LZL as a leader. With Zeus you're at least stalling for something powerful. LZL gives you a better multiplier, but is far worse on the boss unless you swap in KShynee for one of Valk, Angelion, or Echinda x2. You also then have hp issues.

5. bullion

bullion New Member

Thanks guys.

Looks like he's a situational sub for Kirin or DQXQ. I guess he'll be a long term project like lmeta... I was a little too excited to see him popped out

6. Vorpal

Vorpal Ded

LZL can do what L.Meta can't as a sub, provide another skill lock resist. Can be useful for certain dungeons.

7. Haku-ku-ku

Haku-ku-ku Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The only light healer two-prong I know of is Venus. Er, and Kitty BadShynee, technically. So LZL can't really lead a light two-prong team.

Can LZL just lead a glass cannon farm team at 16x / 48x burst? Or 14x / 42x paired with L.Meta?

On my alt I can build LZL / L.Meta / Fuu / Valk / Shynee / L.Meta friend

The team would rely on board conversion + orb enhance not rows. But it's inferior in just about every way to my existing teams so I just don't see investing in it. Maybe LZL as a sub for SunWukong, but I'm missing cards for that team, too.

The best I can come up with for LZL-led teams is actually a blue row enhance team:

LZL / Ruka / B.Valk / SQ / I&I / L.Meta

... or something along those lines.

8. bullion

bullion New Member

I agree Haku-ku-ku. At first glance, I thought a team like this might work:

• LZL Lmeta valk Raphael Shyee (or Sun quan/Sandalphon) LZL

But it's lacking rows and the 2-prongs are only on LZL. Full board is nice for the burst but it's lacking short orb changers other than valk to make it viable. Not to mention it's lacking the skill boosts for Raphael and Sandalphon to be up before you take any hits.

I don't see him as a great lead at this time. It can be a situational sub for a skill lock resist team for DQXQ/Kirin, but then if I need that resist, I am already working on a GZL and Pandora 100% skill lock resist team anyway.