Madoo unevolved

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Ponyexpress, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Ponyexpress

Ponyexpress New Member

User ID:
    Rhino
    Hey guys ! what do you think about madoo unevolved LS (I like it a bit more than reeche as it's easier to achive imo) and what do you think about this team:

Madoo unevolved
    Reeche
    Zela
    Odin Dra
    Distel
    Madoo unevolved friend

Trying to build a new team with what I got from anniversary
    thx in advance

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  2. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    Well, if your goal is to parade your rare and/or recent rolls, then looks great. Otherwise, while I totally understand why you'd want to mess with all your new rolls, I'm not sure why you decided to toss them all onto a single team. Given the same lead, mono-color teams tend to hit a lot harder than rainbow teams. The reason for that is that you can focus your matches and actives around the same colored orb, which then allows all your cards to take advantage of as many of your matches as possible. People generally run rainbow teams when a leader has a skill that requires multiple attributes. A good example of that would be your Reeche. Zela and Madoo, on the other hand are much more effective as mono-color leads. If you can build a strong fire team for Madoo, she would be a lot more effective with that. If you can't, you want to focus as many of your subs as possible on as few attributes as possible. Another issue that comes to mind, is that your actives are incompatible with one another. If you use Zela's active, Madoo, Reeche, and Distel will just stand around and do nothing (without some skyfall luck anyway). If you use Reeche's active, you'll be able to use everyone, but Madoo won't be dealing as much damage as she could be.

As for Madoo, she's a fantastic lead. So are Reeche and Zela. Whether you want to evolve your Madoo is up to you. Most players actually use the evolved version of Madoo. The argument for your version, is that 1) she hits harder (15x per lead instead of 12x per lead). 2) She also hits harder because there is some nice synergy with a fire row team. 3) Because she doesn't have a multiplier specifically for fire cards, your subs can be of any attribute (this doesn't mean they should be of all attributes). 4) she has a lot more skill boosts, which is super helpful for getting your actives up earlier. The arguments in favor of evolved Madoo are as follows: 1) even easier to active (5 orbs instead 6), which means less effort and you're less likely to get orb trolled; 2) she has an RCV multiplier so she heals more easily than your Madoo (this is important because fire cards tend to have low amounts of RCV), 3) she has the void damage penetration awakening (VDP), which does a lot of damage and can be really helpful against a lot of really tough enemies later in the game; 4) she has a flat multiplier for fire cards that does not require combos, which makes it much easier to hit really lightly. This potentially becomes important later when you deal with enemies that can only be hit by small amounts of damage; and 5) her TPAs are a lot more combo friendly than your Madoo's rows. That means you can stack TPAs or 7c (7 combos). THe 7c awakening is the strongest in the game at the moment if you can hit 7 combos. There are specific dungeons where you'll be very happy to have an evolved Madoo (e.g. anywhere you run into damage void), but in most cases both are great. If you're happy with your current version of Madoo, enjoy :) And it's worth keeping in mind that you're always free to swap between Madoo evos.

3. Ponyexpress

Ponyexpress New Member

User ID:
    Rhino
    Actually my ojective was to make an all around team witch covers a lot. I thought unevolved madoo was a good call over reech as I can't relliably do 7c atm exept on 7x6 board. I thought this setup covered most of the situations i could face. Zela is a bit redundant but I was looking for a board unlocker and this is what i find to be the best in my collection but I might have something better or more usefull I can't really tell. I have a strong fire team (madoo amen krishnax2 enra Inahimex2 planar alpha leila kagutsuchi and shiva) but I don't have any fire healer or void att/dmg absorb. Could inherit reech on amen I know but wanted to know if a rainbow lineup wouldn't be better as I feel like i have more powerful subs this way. I also have Metatron didn't tried it yet maybe would be better?

4. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    If talking about Dark Metatron, you'll probably find her even more difficult than Reeche if you can't hit 7 combos. Unlike Reeche, DMeta has no extra seconds built into her leader skill and like Reeche she wants 7 combos for her full multiplier. She does have a lot of hp, so you might be able to scrape by in some dungeons just relying on luck or skyfalls. She's by far the best DMeta evo, so you can always evolve her and see how it goes.

You shouldn't be aiming to cover a lot of colors on Madoo, so I wouldn't inherit Reeche onto the team unless you're desperate for a way to deal with damage asborb and lack Fujin, Lugh, etc. In dungeons with attribute absorb, you can potentially stall, attack in another attribute, or bring another lead depending on what you're dealing with. In the arena it's often to stall or attack off-color because you often can't predict the attribute absorb. Attacking with sub-attributes can be surprisingly effective with Madoo, since your match of 5 or 6 does not have to be a match of fire orbs and doesn't even have to be in a color that you can use to attack. So you can have no cards with a water attribute and still match 6 water orbs to take advantage of that multiplier. In other places, you can often just walk in with a lead that favors a different attribute (lead with someone other than Madoo). While Madoo is ranked more highly as a lead and is considered a better lead, leader rankings and effectiveness depends on the quality of your team. Leads that are considered worse than Madoo can often still out-perform Madoo if you have a more optimized team. If you follow the Japanese tier lists or listen to people who do, keep in mind that they always assume optimal subs and a high level of player skill. So, for example, for DMeta to earn her spot as arguably the best lead in the game, you would have to have a team of almost all dark gods, a sub with follow-up attack, and the ability to reliably nail 7 combos.

Yeah, you have a fantastic Madoo team. Since you're say you're lacking a healer despite having dupe Inahimes, I'm guessing that your problem is a lack of recovery rather than a lack of hearts? If that's the issue, I would consider just switching to the other Madoo. She has a massive recovery multiplier (4x on matched leads). As for damage absorb, you can often get by without it through damage control. I usually kill Sopdet in the arena by matching 3 fire orbs and keeping my combo count low rather than voiding his absorb (even though I have Lugh). If your goal is to deal with as much stuff as possible with a single team, the other one also gives you VDP, which is a way to deal with void damage (not the same as absorb damage). In general, your best approach in PAD is to look up a dungeon ahead of time and tweak your team for specific needs rather than bringing in Reeche in case various things show up.