Menoa evolution

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by SilverWolf, Jun 3, 2020.

1. SilverWolf

SilverWolf Member

i recently pulled Menoa and her number of evolutionary options is quite overwhelming to be honest. Her water, wood, and dark options all look somewhat promising for different reasons however I'm leaning most heavily towards wood or water since those are the ones I already have the materials (more or less) for and my monster box is more developed in water wood and light (I do have some good fire and dark stuff but light is probably my best set of cards...however the light evolution is hammer focused so unless I'm putting her on mega fenrir I would rather just skip that evolution).
    Anyway I'm wondering if I should take the water or the wood rout for her evolution? Which is better overall just by herself without taking into consideration team building requirements, like just as a leader/sub

Tldr: Which is better overall just by herself without taking into consideration team building requirements, like just as a leader/sub

2. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    They're both similar and different enough to say that both are about equal. Their leaderskills for the most part is pretty much the same with some slight rainbow variation. Personally, if I was to have to pick one, I think I might go with the blue version more simply because of awakenings, that said though, green has a better active for green focused teams.

Honestly, as leaders, I don't like either since they both require exact 6 orb clears which can be a problem, without it, they deal 0 damage. I do have to say that Menoa as a whole is pretty underwhelming in terms of power but her color flexibility is nice whereas if you compare it to someone like Ney, I feel like Ney definitely had more potential to be in different teams while still remaining very useful in a variety of playstyles.

3. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    It's really hard to consider it a vaccuum, since her wood ability is tailor made to be a sub or inherit on Chakeol's team, like very blatantly specifically designed for that. Most of her forms are dovetailed to cases like that, although that one is particularly overt.

I would make her light form if I were you and had good light cards / box depth. The jammer effect is not so much for running on a dedicated jammer leads team, it is for overwriting 99 turn jammer skyfall ugliness with 1 turn of jammers that then evaporates, freeing you of that burden. In higher end alt.Arena/Colosseum/etc content that is prized / is a relevant troll mechanic to want to counter. But that content aside, just as a super awakening triple 7cc sub with rainbow guard break she is an excellent light sub. I'd consider her for wood color coverage as a balance sub with reasonable abilities/awakenings on a rainbow match chocolateer ideal team, for instance. She's competative with some of the other chocolateer wood color coverage sub options, as the balanced card type pool is very good but somewhat limited. (subs for the recent alt.arena4 get extra competitive as you actually want a natural guard break somewhere on team as abilities/inherits are so pressured, but I digress.)

In most forms, I like her better as a sub than a leader, though my box has some depth.
    She's a decent lead if your box is developing, just a touch specific about her matching requirements.