MisterDrgn's Achievement Thread

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by MisterDrgn, Feb 13, 2016.

1. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Thanks. I like the team a lot too--she's one of the more flexible leads, good for fast farming in easy dungeons but also a decent amount of survivability and burst in harder dungeons. Of course she can only go so far, though in the future you could pair her with You yu or Sumire (or with Alrescha right now).

I saw Bodin on a JP sample lineup and figured I'd give him a shot, mainly 'cuz mine is +297 and I don't get enough use out of him. In the future I'm not sure I would keep him on by default, tho he has his uses, plus with a future CD of 6 he'll be pretty good for skill inheritance.

UmiYama's another one I'm using largely because I +297'd them a long time ago, although they have great awoken skills for the team. I could imagine replacing them with Fenrir Knight in the future, after the reincarnate evo, if I decide to +egg him (at least for dungeons where I don't need enormous RCV).

Sumire plays an important role of improving Skuld active boards, which tend to be inconsistent on their own. Also solid awoken skills for the team, which are only gonna get better with the ulti evo.

Overall, I strongly recommend bringing something to improve Skuld active boards. Stuff like Sumire, Nut, and Alfecca work pretty well. Fenrir Knight and heart-breakers (Alrescha, Siegfried, etc) tend to give you too many blue orbs, making it hard to do TPAs. Although you can do a decent amount of damage if you forget the TPAs and just make a 5-orb match + a mass of blue, especially if you have Bodin around for orb enhance.

Orree and dms1485 like this.
  2. dms1485

dms1485 an old noob

User ID:
    Thanks! I use Sumire on Bl Sonia team but have been using Nut on Skuld instead for easy farming with OE and TE.. Haven't even uvod U&Y yet but they will be great too with nice RCV and OE. I do like playing with Alrescha on the team as well. Too many choices but so much fun to play with team comps. I tend to rely on Andro for hearts and blues but her awakes aren't the best for the team. Need to work on this some more. Thanks again for your detailed response.

MisterDrgn likes this.
  3. Orree

Orree A day late and a combo short...

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    @MisterDrgn Thanks for posting your team composition. I had failed Wadatsumi at U&Y a few times with my own Skuld team (think I had Gabriel and Andromeda in for Sumire and Alrescha), mainly due to a lack of blue orbs and a flood of wood orbs. I found Sumire and Alrescha (especially Alrescha converting jammers to blue) to be just what the doctor ordered. I got through it with your composition on the first try with few +eggs and I think only Alrescha and Sumire being max-skilled. If Skuld isn't, she's close....

Now I just need to get though Journey to the Worst and I'll have completed them all (a first for me, so I hope I can get it done). I've already failed that one about 4 or 5 times, so far...

dms1485 likes this.
  4. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Excellent. Let me know if you'd like any feedback on your Journey team. For me the worst part is definitely stupid Wujing, the skyfall magnet.

dms1485 likes this.
  5. Orree

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I haven't gotten past floor 2, yet. Die a different way every time. In one run, I had and orb drop the moment I touched my s-pen and started to drag. Just like that....done. Best showing is when I had floor 2 down to about 25% after my first turn...had nothing to go on for the next turn and died immediately. I had already used a Skuld active on that floor, so I was reticent to use another active. Guess I should have. *le sigh*

After that and my absolutely horiffic GF REM pulls, I'm feeling pretty surly...

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  6. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    I think you'd want to one-shot wave 2, ideally while healing. Something like Skuld + Sumire.

Sorry about the bad pulls. I tried just four times and got mostly garbage + a dupe Skuld. I can't decide if a dupe Skuld is good or not, but I'm trying to convince myself it is (more for future Sumire teams).

7. Orree

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks for the tip. I was getting the impression I needed to one-shot floor 2, as well. I'll give that combo a try, I'm running out of time to get this done. It'll be a damned shame if I fail. It's hard for me to not use my stamina on +egg farming, though. I need them...heheh.

As far as the dupe Skuld goes, that active is too good not to have another of. I'd say one wants at least two of every Norn since their skills seem like good inheritance candidates to me. I have pulled something like nine or ten Verdandis, 5-6 Urds and only one Skuld.

8. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Note to self: I'm falling behind on the achievements at the front of this thread. Need to add in first MEC clear with Myr, hijinks with sub-optimal Kaede, and maybe Zeus +297.

foxwaffles and win8x like this.
  9. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    So I like clearing all the Challenge Descendeds with the same lead, and a while back I tried out a fun sub-optimal Kaede team with two hypermax Skulds 'cuz that's what I've got to work with. Then I got lazy and never posted it. So here it is, Descended Challenge! 17 with one stupid death on Hanuman (Hanuman feels kinda tricky for Kaede, but it was still a missed match that did it). [Sidenote: Apparently they changed the name from Challenge Descended to Descended Challenge?]

Also EEC, just for fun.

(Vishnu was also hyper.)

RageSedai likes this.
  10. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    God, I'm so far behind on posting Descended Challenge clears. He's Descended Challenge! 18, when I had fun with Alrescha. I can't even remember if there with deaths, so I won't claim it was deathless.

Alrescha, 2x Skuld, 2x Sumire, and Orochi are hyper. Bodin is +297.

win8x likes this.
  11. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    And here's Descended Challenge! 19. I almost cleared everything with no deaths. But I was slightly out of practice when I ran Agni and I whiffed a heart cross somewhere in there. Actually the boss is pretty tough for Anaphon--he almost killed me on my second run.

Everyone is max-skilled, but only Anaphon is +'d.

I don't think triple Anaphons is the recommended build, but overall I like it--it creates a playstyle feel that's different enough from Myr to be interesting.

12. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Continuing to clear out my backlog, here's Anaphon vs. Ultimate Endless No RCV:

This was with just the leads +'d. After a pretty easy clear of regular UE, I struggled a bit with UE-No RCV just because I was getting DKali as the boss and failing to burst enough. So I swapped in Haku for more consistent burst with Haku + Akechi (vs. Anaphon + Akechi).

And here's a quick Vishnu vs. UE 7x6:

I think that was with the whole team hyper'd.

13. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Also I managed to track down (I think) my first Ultimate Endless clear, with Myr. As with Anaphon, I had some issues with consistent damage on the boss going LGadius + DQ, so I inherited Saria on AVenus and brought a Myr+LAkechi friend.

I don't think it was a one-shot.

14. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Almost caught up! Here's Descended Challenge! 20. I finally got to play with my cool new Vishnu team. It was so much easier than the first time I did this with Vishnu.

But annoyingly there was a sloppy death on Sandalphon where I wasn't really paying attention and I failed to one-shot him and got my team bound. And then I think there were 1-2 deaths on Shuten or someone. Such is life.

The basic setup is all hypermax, and it is a rush--so much effortless damage.

15. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    For Descended Challenge! 21, I didn't have a lot of time during the holidays, so I skipped the whole 6-star or under enhanced thing and just had fun with Noctis. I did throw one Lilith or another in there for some of the runs, and Christmas Lilith was so helpful that she's become a default team member, over Eschamali.

No deaths.

RageSedai likes this.
  16. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Only slightly late on this one. Here's Descended Challenge! 23. Should have been all easy clears, except I forgot about freakin' Sopdet in Sphinx Descended. Brought a bigger delay the second time and screwed it up again. The third time I got it. Had to figure out how hard I could safely hit separately for the light part and the dark part.

RageSedai, foxwaffles and win8x like this.
  17. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Well I'm still doing my thing, clearing all the Descended Challenge! dungeons with the same lead. For 24, it was Bodin's turn to shine. He did quite well--no deaths, and few difficulties.

For Hanuman, I forgot to bring a long delay to safely kill him (I have awoken SQ inherit on my Bodin, so I could have used that and been careful), so I ended up just stalling 99 turns. Eh, had the time.

(Whiffed the Hel screenshot.)

RageSedai likes this.