MisterDrgn's Achievements & Team L/L Roster

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by MisterDrgn, Apr 21, 2014.

1. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    RE: MisterDrgn's Achievements & Goals

@jesrockz, sunglassesmichael:

Thanks for the support. Yeah, a Zeus team with farmable subs can stomp a lot of Mythical Descends. Zeus isn't so great in the recent ones though, aside from Gold Keeper and Beelzebub (who are super easy for him). Pre-emptive status shields and skill-locks can ruin your day. Pre-emptive strikes, on the other hand, aren't so bad unless they're on the first wave.

Speaking of which, jesrockz, if you want to invest seriously in a Zeus team you'll probably need to work on a second Echidna. Yeah, Echidna skill-ups are a pain. On the other hand, Zeus skill-ups aren't needed for any of the dungeons I've cleared with him.

2. jesrockz

jesrockz Rock@pf Unknown and Inactive Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link

I'll have to do that next time her dungeon comes around. My first Echidna is Lvl 94, Skill lvl 3, and +297 as of this morning. When her dungeon comes around again, I have a lot of work to do!

3. MisterDrgn

User ID:

3) Supporting Players (aka, "Who needs padherder?")

Sadly, leaders can't get it all done by themselves. Here are the key monsters that support L/L teams. Not included, but occasionally playing a role:

As before, blue stats are maxed, while red stats would ideally be maxed some day.

[table cellspacing=6 cellpadding=2]
    Echidna
    Skill Lv: Max
    + Eggs: 39/2/83
    [IMG=25x25]http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/img/awoken/13.png[/IMG] [IMG=25x25]http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/img/awoken/5.png[/IMG] [IMG=25x25]http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/img/awoken/4.png[/IMG]
    The unquestionable MVP, Echidna plays a key role on almost every team. I rely on her heavily, even in dungeons with pre-emptive status shields. She helps Zeus heal up to max, and she helps Ra set up strong 49x attacks. Plus, thanks to her ulti evo, her attack is actually quite nice. Goals: I'm currently +egging her hp, and I'm hoping to finish off her RCV after Zeus.
    Echidna
    + Eggs: 0/0/0
    If you can bring one Echinda, why not bring two? Zeus requires two delays in many dungeons. Often it's better to go Echidna/Orochi, but Echidna/Echidna is terrific in dungeons with strong monsters on longer counters. You can alternate their use, delaying every wave. This is great for Hera-Is, Fagan, and the Gold Keeper. In addition, my default Ra setup includes two Echidnas. Why not? They're super useful, and they've got strong attack and RCV. The only downside is the low hp, making this setup tricky when there are strong enemy pre-emptives.
    Valkyrie
    + Eggs: 37/72/9
    [IMG=25x25]http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/img/awoken/3.png[/IMG] [IMG=25x25]http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/img/awoken/19.png[/IMG] [IMG=25x25]http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/img/awoken/4.png[/IMG]
    Valkyrie boasts reasonably strong stats and a powerfully aggressive active skill. She's a key supporter for Zeus teams, especially combined with Angelion. Thus, I've been +egging her attack. Unfortunately, she isn't so great on L/L Ra teams, and Ra has been my go-to leader for recent Descends. However, Ra doesn't really need the +attack, so I think I'll go ahead and +99 Valk's attack. She should also prove critical on the upcoming Kirin and L. Meta teams.
    Angelion
    Angelion serves an important dual role on Zeus and future Kirin/L. Meta teams, providing healing when stalling and attack burst when combined with Valk. In addition, it's become my usually green choice on the Ra team, since I don't have defensive green subs other than Asgard. Thus, it's currently my top choice for +attack after Valk is done. The only drawback is that Angelion might be replaced by the next, more flexible monster on future Ra teams. Goals: Get those first two awoken skills. Damage reduction is becoming good!
    Fortoytops
    Fortoytops is a brand new player, as I just max-skilled it. However, I already have big plans for it on my Ra team. Its big advantage is that it covers both blue and green, providing more flexibility for the rest of the team. Most of the time this won't matter, but it's great if I want to cover dark with Hera-Ur. Goals: Again, I want to get those first two awoken skills eventually.
    Viper Orochi
    Skill Lv: 1
    + Eggs: 0/0/1
    [IMG=25x25]http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/img/awoken/3.png[/IMG] [IMG=25x25]http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/img/awoken/3.png[/IMG] [IMG=25x25]http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/img/awoken/25.png[/IMG] [IMG=25x25]http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/img/awoken/23.png[/IMG]
    The first REM god on the list, Orochi provides two big advantages over Echidna: longer delay, and vastly more hp. The tradeoffs are the far longer skill CD and low-ish RCV. So Orochi comes into play in Descends where you're doing lots of stalling anyway and you only need the delay once (usually true when you're running Zeus), or when you need extra hp (Satan if you plan to stall, some Gold Keeper setups). In addition, Orochi/Echidna is a very nice combo, as Orochi can provide enough time to recharge Echidna's delay. Goals: I want to skill this guy up soooo badly.
    Hera-Is
    Skill Lv: 7
    + Eggs: 3/0/2
    Your standard gravity provider, with decent stats and useful colors for a Ra, or even Kirin team. However, there are blue or even blue/dark alternatives, and sometimes there isn't time/need for gravity. Plus, I'd rather bring Zeus if I can fit him on the team. Goals: I really should finish skilling her up someday.
    Blue Odin
    Skill Lv: 4
    [IMG=25x25]http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/img/awoken/23.png[/IMG] [IMG=25x25]http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/img/awoken/25.png[/IMG] [IMG=25x25]http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/img/awoken/25.png[/IMG] [IMG=25x25]http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/img/awoken/23.png[/IMG] [IMG=25x25]http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/img/awoken/23.png[/IMG] [IMG=25x25]http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/img/awoken/25.png[/IMG]
    The best stats in the game, terrific awoken skills, convenient colors, and an occasionally useful active. I'm not a big fan of stat sticks, but if you were ever gonna bring one, this would be it. This guy has potential use in Descends, when you're running Ra or Kirin and there isn't time to charge gravity. But I mostly use him with Zeus, for casual farming or Legend-difficulty biweeklies. The skill boosts speed things up nicely, and the active is great for popping back up to max hp. Goals: I'd like to finish max-skilling him when there's a chance. [/table]

4. jesrockz

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link

Just curious, did you use Tama's on Zeus or did you farm 3 extras and evolve them to get your awakenings? I ask because I currently have 10 Tama's and 3 baby's.....not to mention the fact that they seem to be much easier to get these days.

Also, isn't the post above the same one as page 1?

5. MisterDrgn

User ID:

I think I did a combination, feeding two extra Zeus's plus a Tamadra. Nowadays, yeah, I might just feed tamadras. I was trying to run Twinlits for dub-mythlits today (I needed a bunch), and I kept getting those freakin' baby tamadras. Weirdest gung-trolling I've experienced. Should've just switched to Expert (I did eventually).

Yeah it is... Trying to make new posts more visible.

6. jesrockz

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link

I might just use my Tama's on him then. Once I do that and boost him up a bit, I'll be able to run Twinlits anyway. Which means even more Tama's. So it makes sense.

Just making sure I didn't miss some new info. Thanks! :D

7. MisterDrgn

User ID:

So I've made a lot of attempts at True Endless Corridors, but it occurred to me today that I'd never actually run regular Endless Corridors with Ra. So I gave that a shot (Surprise! It's easier).

Then, I figured why not take my brand-new Kirin out for a spin. Aside from playing around in TEC, this is the first dungeon I've ever run her in. I'm not sure, but it seems like maybe Kirin might be good...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I also dug up an old image from clearing Endless with Zeus. I believe this is from New Year's Eve, right after we first got Twinlits for L/L Zeus.

[​IMG]

For me, the Holy Grail of Endless would be clearing it with Thor, I think. Hm, maybe easiest to just pair him with a Zeus or Kirin??

8. akai

akai Active Member

That's pretty awesome, looking forward to seeing Thor up there.

9. jesrockz

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I seen you cleared KoG with Zeus. I was wondering if you thought it could make a good farming team?

I don't have Orochi, so I was thinking a second Echidna and throw in Izanagi for 2x on F10. So....

[table cellspacing=2 cellpadding=0]
    [/table]

Feasible or a waste of time?

By the way, I just Maxed my Zeus and I'm working on his Ult now. Feel free to add me and if you ever need him, just ask. He may end up being my second +297. Still pondering it.

Edit: He's now evolved. Sweet.

10. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    I never made an effort to form a KoG farming team, with Zeus or actually with any other team. Always had other stuff I'd rather do. If you look at the responses to my KoG clear post in the Zeus thread, you can see how some other people have handled it.

I'm sure it's possible with dual Echidnas. But it means two fewer turns to hit Zeus, and boy, you have to hit that guy a lot, even after the gravities.

I'm not sure about Izanami. You can get a pretty big damage boost from Valk's active, plus you can potentially use her on wave 8 or 9 and still have her ready for 10.

I'm definitely interested if you're thinking of +egg-ing Zeus. Zeus teams really benefit from +eggs, and I can't always find high +egg friends. I'd warn you that Zeus struggles in some recent Descends (e.g., Izanami, Heracles, Hera-Beorc), though he's very nice for other stuff (destroys Gold Keeper with two Echidnas if you've got the hp for the pre-emptives).

11. mighty pen

mighty pen RaDra or bust

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Great thread! I generally run Red Sonia, and used her this weekend to clear Zeus (leader+150, friend Hera-Ur with no plus eggs). I'm planning to max Ronia, but after that I think Kirin and/or Zeus would benefit from (+) investment. What should I be concerned with when deciding which one to invest in first?

edit: Maybe it was a dumb question - Kirin is obviously a top spike lead while Zeus is Zeus. I guess what I mean is, if you had a high level Ronia team, and Zeus and Kirin, which one do you think you'd invest in to have access to more descends that Ronia can't handle.

12. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    I love my Zeus, and he represents my biggest +egg investment by far. That said, Kirin is a better end-game leader. Zeus struggles in some of the recent Descends with pre-emptive strikes, status shields, and skill blocks. All that stuff can absolutely hurt Kirin also, but I think she's less susceptible. She also may be better for bursting down high-hp bosses.

It pains me to say all the above. Zeus can be quite strong, destroying dungeons like Gold Keeper. But in most cases, Kirin can run these dungeons also (Zeus might be better for Twinlits, but you don't need +eggs for that), though she requires more orb-matching skill.

One might also argue that Zeus needs the +eggs more. My experience with running mostly Zeus and Ra in Descends has been that investing +eggs in Zeus absolutely increased his potential, whereas Ra does fine without. ...but I doubt that argument would convince you to invest in Zeus.

PS: Investing +hp and +RCV in Echidna is absolutely always a good idea, since she's basically always on both these teams, along with many others. +attack not so much. Of course, your friends will appreciate it if you invest in your leaders.

13. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Well Kirin's coming along nicely. I just maxed her level with a few gold supers and then 0-stoned Keeper of Gold.

[​IMG]

I'm still adjusting, as she plays a bit differently from Ra (and has less RCV), but she seems pretty cool. Of course, Keeper of Gold is relatively easy with any strong spike team if you bring two delays and enough hp for the pre-emptives (16879 hp--less if you bring both light and dark damage resist awoken skills).

I used Echidna on the Light Keeper, then two-shot the Dark Keeper. Come to think of it, I maybe should have used orb changers on the Dark Keeper to one-shot it, so I wouldn't have to worry about getting the right orbs for a two-shot. As I said, I'm still adjusting to Kirin. In the worst case, I could have used Orochi on the Dark Keeper. That would have left just Echidna up for the boss, but that still means 7 turns to kill him.

As it is, I had 12(!) turns to kill him. I ran out of blue at the end, so it took a few more turns than expected, but well under 12.

14. sunglassesmichael

sunglassesmichael Ruka button is OP

User ID:
    NA: 371,153,246
    PADherder:
    link
    I don't think there's any particular reason not to go ahead and +ATK Echidna if you're egging her anyway, unless you're desperate for the +ATK somewhere else.

Her ATK stat is no longer pathetic. Within Healers only Lilith and Catwoman, I believe, have better.

Sure, her attacks are off-color on these teams, but she should be capable of pretty decent sniping while you are stalling and storing orbs for later use.

(Full disclosure: I'm not actually +egging my own Echidna at this time. I started on her months ago, but decided to switch to Valkyrie, since she was my leader at that time. I plan to do Sonia next and then either Metatron or Haku, before I would possibly get to Echidna again, but it's not because I don't think it's worth egging her, it's just that I have other leaders I'd prefer to egg first.)

15. mighty pen

mighty pen RaDra or bust

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks for your reponse! I am looking forward to Twinlit farming with Zeus. Good point about Echidna, you basically get to double your rewards because she's coming along on both teams (especially since I don't have Orochi). But as always you have to balance that with the need for pal points :) But along with Echidna, I do think I'll prioritize Kirin for (+) after Ronia is maxed, to take down these new descends. I also think Kirin is my best choice for TEC, although Okun can technically do it as well.

16. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    I'm gonna be looking for a new +attack target soon myself, after Valk is finished (Zeus was first). Personally, I'm leaning towards Angelion. Echidna will see more consistent use across all teams, but any time you use orb-changers on a Zeus/Kirin/LMeta team, light attack is gonna count maybe 3x or more as much as red attack. I think that's a good reason to focus on light.

Yah, Kirin's one of the best choices in the game. But TEC is haaaard.

17. mighty pen

mighty pen RaDra or bust

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I've watched the videos and my skills are nowhere near TEC level. But that's me, I always have a mid-term and a long-term plan :) Recently I've started taking a ghetto Kirin team into EC whenever I am out of Stam just to see how often I can proc, its getting better :)

18. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    I'm trying to clear a few dungeons with L. Meta before getting the ulti evo, so they can be official L/L clears. Trifruit and Twinlits are obvious choices.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Slightly silly picture
    The Trifruit boss fight was kinda tough actually. I delayed with Echidna and got in a nice big hit, which killed the blue fruit, left red with a sliver, and left green with a small amount of health. I then required every single turn available to kill off green, making reasonably strong matches (6-7 + skyfalls). I'll have to play the first round vs. the bosses more carefully in the future, though I put a good amount of thought into it this time. Or is it better to target green at the beginning, since he's weak to your red for the first half, whereas the others are weak to it for the second half? EDIT: For Twinlits, you stall a bit on the first wave, and use the LMetas to get everyone ready for wave 2, then Echidna for waves 2 & 3. It takes some time to figure out how hard to hit on the first shot, but this is safer than Zeus, since your leaders are unbindable. I still died on the first run because on the second or third turn I took a shot from three of the guys--I forgot that my hp is much lower on this team, compared to Zeus. Anyway, cleared it a couple times after that initial death.

19. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Since there aren't any events going on, I decided to try out the new Kirin team and the old Ra team in King of the Gods.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I ran it twice with Kirin. Both times it felt reasonably safe, so that may be a stable farming team. I ran it just once with Ra. It took a lot more effort, and I cleared on the last possible round, but it might be a mostly stable team.

Both teams use Echidna on wave 9 and Orochi on wave 10.

20. Eric@Cal

Eric@Cal New Member

Does the fact that you waited for Orochi count as a farm team? :D