Monster Gems

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Hansey, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Hansey

Hansey Destined to never own a single Haku

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So is there any reason now to hold on to dungeon bosses at all? That is, is it safe to go ahead and turn them all into stackable gems? Or are there sneaky evos that need the actual cards still?

Also, if I have a +297 evolved dungeon boss, am I correct in assuming that I have to choose whether I want the +'s or the gem? I don't see a way to get both.

2. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If you don't mind the endless scrolling and tapping to exchange those bosses into gems, leave them be and when it's time for you to make an Evo requiring those bosses, the evo menu will lead you straight to the appropriate exchange tab for the required gems. As for pluses attached to them, sadly they'll gone home you make the exchange. If it's just +1 or +2 it really don't matter but if it's +297 you have to choose whether to keep the plus or turn them into gems. I choose to sell them and keep the plusses. Kinda painful for bosses such as evolved Sevenzard and highest Evo bosses with difficult mats.

ko300zx, Ultraduck and Hansey like this.
  3. Hansey

Hansey Destined to never own a single Haku

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, I'll probably keep the plusses too. Thanks for confirming what I suspected.

4. axlpowa

axlpowa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I wish they went full on stones if they were to take this route. Now you have some elemental stones (medium/large? dark stones for example) and monster specific ones (for higher evos, like Hel or Ilsix).

So we do save some space for some, but not all. weird.

5. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If you have multiple highest descended bosses, the system still grant you additional box space because you can just exchange them and they'll stack.

6. axlpowa

axlpowa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Yeah I figured that out later :p

7. James1605

James1605 Active Member

I was thinking about posting here, asking the same thing. It seems that the gems are completely replacing the regular monsters in evos, but it would be nice to see some simple statement from GungHo to that effect. It would suck to turn something into a gem, and then find out that you actually need the original monster for some evo.

"Gem-able" monsters that can evolve add another wrinkle. For example, if you have Awoken Zeus-Dios, you can exchange him for a medium wood gem, or evolve him and get an Almighty Awoken Zeus-Dios's Gem. It might be best to hang onto things like that until you actually need one of those gems.

Edit:
    On a side note, I wonder why they dropped all of the dragon fruits from the Exchange system? I don't see any "conflict" between those and the new gems, so why drop them? It's not a huge deal (for me), but it was nice being able to pick up the occasional R/G/B/x dragon fruit from misc dungeon drops.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  8. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    They have removed the ability to evolve with anything not marked "evo material" from the game completely. That's why you can no longer evo Father, because he took a non-evo material item that couldn't easily be turned into a gem. So you're safe to gem all your descend bosses. Reni's blog has a nice list of monsters that can be exchanged for generic gems but also have uniques, so refer to that if you're worried. I would always go for the unique over the generic for those instances.

9. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    +eggs and monster gems:

I'm guessing that if you convert a monster w/ +eggs to a gem, you loose all +es....

That's unfortunate, as I very recently evolved Shuten Doji, which now has a bunch of +eggs on him for an awoken evolution... and now I have to convert him to gem.... DOH!

10. James1605

James1605 Active Member

That makes sense, although I'll probably try to just hang onto things like Awoken Zeus-Dios and turn them into gems as needed. With evo material stacking, it's not a problem to just save up the required evo materials, and then you can evo the monster or not, depending on which gem you need.

At least, that's my plan for the time being, because I have no gems and don't know what I might need. But there are some monsters with only one form that can be exchanged for a gem, like evolved Heracles for a medium wood gem. Once I've accumulated some of the "common" gems from those monsters, then I can just go for the unique gems from the other monsters.

11. Toddlajoie

Toddlajoie Active Member

I guess I can see it from the perspective that you can only evo with evo mats, but to me it just seems like it added a layer of complexity to an already complex process.

I can't keep a lot of this stuff straight, so when i see that something needs "X" monster evolved, I go farm one, level it up and evo it, only to find out that the ult-evo needs "Y" monster, so I go farm him, and level and evo, and find that he needs "Z" monster to evo him, so the process repeats again...

Now all I know is it needs "X" gem, and there are 5 or so different of the above processes I can go through, to then be able to exchange for what I need...

Unless these things become farmable, it's just another added step in the process, the only difference is that rather than NEEDING (for example) Awoken Surtr you can use one of 6 other equally PITA Monsters...

12. James1605

James1605 Active Member

If you don't know, PADx can be a huge help with that. You can look up a monster there and see its full evolution tree, with what you need for each evo; and then look up the monsters required for an evo, what you need to evo them, and where to get everything (except the gems, but maybe what you can exchange for each "common" gem will be added eventually). Of course the gems eliminated a lot of the "details" (for example, instead of needing specific monsters X, Y and Z; you may need X's gem and two "common" gems), but at least you can see what you're going to need.

There's also the PADGuide app, which will probably show you the same kind of evo info (I haven't used it much).

FWIW, I agree that, for now, it kind of complicates things (like you said, it adds another layer to the evo process), but I think it could be very helpful in the long run. Using your example, the upside is that, if you don't have Surtr (or a large fire gem), you don't necessarily have to wait for his dungeon to come around. There may be some other dungeon available that will give you a boss that can be turned into a large fire gem. And, looking forward, you can accumulate the different gems when you get the chance, and then you won't have to go farm specific monsters when you want to evo something (except for the unique gems).

For me, the hard part is getting started. I've already started keeping some drops that I would have just sold before, and leveling and evolving them to make gems. Somewhat ironically, it's the small gems that I'm really lacking right now, because they mostly come from monsters that I just sold off in the past, so I don't have many of them sitting in my box.

13. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    If you want medium red and small green, scarlet dragon is out for one more day