Most efficient skill-up farming for Brachys skill-ups?

Discussion in 'Monster Farming' started by Tek7, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I didn't get Bartz from the FF REM, so I may have to make do with Pixel Brachys.

My Brachys has 8 more skill levels to go.

What is the most efficient way to farm Brachys skill-up fodder?

bibi24 likes this.
  2. Hansey

Hansey Destined to never own a single Haku

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I maxed a Fafnir way back when, but I wasn't really going out of my way to farm it - it just happened over time from running assorted stuff, since the green chimeras appear in a bunch of places.

But looking quickly at the list of fodder, I'd guess the two best choices are either green Mechdragon, since the green chimera is a guaranteed appearance, though not sure on the drop rate. Probably high if not 100%? As an added bonus, you could max skill a Canopus while you're at it, if you can be bothered. ;)

The other choice might be the GungHo collab from the coin dungeons. Jelly's Angel skills up Brachy, and doesn't need to be evolved to do it. But you are at the mercy of RNG for appearances and drops. Also not sure what the drop rate is on the lower difficulties (for stamina saving).

Tek7 likes this.
  3. James1605

James1605 Active Member

Another option would be the Flower Dragon dungeons in the coin dungeons. According to PADx, the master and legend difficulties for each one has one floor with 2 chimeras; a Flower (wood) Chimera, and one of the others. This sprang to mind because I actually ran legend in most of them tonight (5 runs total. Building yet another Starling) and picked up 3 Flower Chimeras along the way.

Tek7 likes this.
  4. tanpopo

tanpopo adventure!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You can also try the green Legendary Dragon on 2x rates if it still gets those. Otherwise the boss drop rate isn't very good.

If it's not urgent, the most stamina efficient is probably to farm baby tamadras and trade them for chimeras. I skilled most of my starters and late bloomers doing this.

Tek7 likes this.
  5. philsov

philsov has sufficient privileges to post here

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    mechdragons are best, imo. I'm pretty sure the chimera floor is 100%. Rather, it was back when I farmed up skills for my dragonfruit evo. RIP 10x technicals.

Or, yes, trade. I've been trading a plus egg on a poopy 4* for chimeras along with non-wood kingtans for wood kingtans and had almost daily success for about two weeks straight, but it fizzled out a few days ago.

6. Marlboro

Marlboro Active Member

User ID:
    NA 389,289,242
    PADherder:
    link
    can confirm 100% drop rate on chimera after about 30 runs of green mechdragon with no drop rate boost

tanpopo likes this.