MP Shop Purchase

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by SilverWolf, May 12, 2018.

1. SilverWolf

SilverWolf Member

So I'm nearing 300,000 mp again and I'm wondering if I should purchase Odin Dragon or save up the 750,000 for either Dark Athena or L. Hera Dragon.

I really want all three of them, but I don't know which one I should purchase.

I feel like I could possibly get more use out of Odin Dragon and could easily evolve him into his stormwing form (though I think the light lance form is probably slightly better, not sure though) but getting Gia Dragon for his Light Lance Form is out of my reach at the moment short of her being given away as a prize for the monthly challenge dungeon like last time as I can't beat Anhialation level dungeons yet and I can't even beat most end game content without using at least one stone to do so (something I'm loath to do). I know he is more of a sub than a leader at this point and I can defenitly use him on a lot of different teams quite easily. I'm also aware that of the original MP shop dragons he is probably the best one at the moment as RA dragon is quickly losing favor (I still haven't managed to fully evolve mine because machine zeus takes forever to get the materials for its evolution and I'm kind of lazy as of late).

As for Dark Athena I know she is still quite viable and pretty good being able to clear some of the end game content with ease with the right team, though she has a much harder time with the later content and isn't good for a lot of the newer dungeons. I think I could also build a decent dark/water team around her that utilizes TPA or 7c awakenings or some cobination of the two (I even have a Reincarnated Orochi to either enherit on to her or sub on the team). My real question though is she worth the envestment at this point due to power creep?

L.Hera Dragon is a 5o1e leader and I have some good stuff to put on a team for her (my light and wood cards make up the majority of my box). I'm aware that she is pretty bad in multiplayer unless other people are using 5o1e leaders which is not very likely. I don't know how well she does as far as end game content goes though or even what would make a good partner for her friend wise. So is she worth the investment or would I be better off getting Dark Athena or Odin Dragon?

I also considered Ragnarock Dragon and Yomi Dragon, but Ragnarock dragon's ultimate evo is out of my reach at the moment as I barely beat Machine Zeus and even then had to drop 1 or 2 magic stones to do it and I haven't unlocked the ninth number dragon dungeon yet. As for Yomi Dragon the hardest part is getting machine Hera (possible if I drop a stone or two or I might have a team able to beat her relativly easily and just haven't put it together yet although my Yuna team easily swept her entire dungeon until I got to the boss floor where she absorbed light (and dark, but that's not really an issue as I only have one dark element and its a sub element at that) for two turns starting out and then when that wore off I was lucky enough for her to just absorb dark for the next few turns (even though she hit like a freaking truck!) but still couldn't do enough damage to nuke her either do to bad boards or something else (I don't really remeber what it was) but I do know I couldn't hit the 10 combos (used duel yuna leads for max damage) for the max 256x multiplier and even then I don't know if I could have OHKO her) for the ultimate evolution since I already have a dark hera dragon in my box (sorry for the long winded story).

So should I buy Odin Dragon once I hit the 300,000 mp or save up for D.Athena or L.Hera Dragon?

I'm not interested in the three new Egyptian God's in the shop as I see them as being irrelevant in the meta and extreamly awkward to use (although the 10,000x multiplier of Amen would be fun to pull off at least once x3) so please don't suggest them.

2. EoTN

EoTN I&I dual waifus

In general, lance Odin Dragon is one of the bestsubs in the game, and basically any team that CAN run him, does.

D.Athena has really fallen off hard since she came out, her 2.25/49/4 can still do work, but is not really worth 750K MP.

That said, she is getting an Uvo on the 26th or 27th this month, so it may be prudent to hold out on purchasing anything for now.

3. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Without the looking at your box we can't give you more useful advice except that, given the right subs/assist, both DAthena and LHera can farm A3 consistently. But that heavily depends on your box. If you miss out one or two important subs it won't work.

As for OdinDra, what team are you planning to run him onto? If you feel like you'll have trouble evolving him, and two best to just hold onto your MP and be patient, keep develop your box and eventually you'll be at where you feel that one OdinDra could make a huge difference in your team, and that is often tied to running Annihilation-tier dungeons.

Ultraduck likes this.
  4. axlpowa

axlpowa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    This can be so big, but at the same time, I am not setting my expectations too high. She is widely popular and will probably not generate that many new MP sales as a lot of people have her already. So.. for some reason I don't think she'll be that OP, but mostly updated.

5. EoTN

EoTN I&I dual waifus

Most likely, yes. One thought is if they make her really good, then in the same stream announce the next 7* GFE, and, wouldn't you know it, super OP sub. IDK.

Still, this is the first update to a 750K card, so there's not really a precedent yet. Hoping she's good, since then a theoretical RMyr evo will be good too... :p

6. axlpowa

axlpowa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I just hope they are extra careful with her art FMyr is just so gorgeous...

7. SilverWolf

SilverWolf Member

So since it takes forever to update pad hearder I'm just going to post some screen shots of my box
    I mean to drop that many MP on something I would think they should make the investment worth it, keeping them relevant should probably be a somewhat high priority, espeically ones that are or at least were really popular like D.Athena, I wouldn't hold my breath for R.Myr though, but there is hope for L.Hera Dragon.

8. SilverWolf

SilverWolf Member

Updating PAD Hearder takes way too long, and I'm lazy, so I just took some screen shots of my monster box.
    Keep in mind I just pulled some of these which is why they are low level and unevolved, others I've just been to lazy to get the stuff, I'm also short on coins at the moment. I'm also saving my mp so I'm not purchasing tamas to awaken them all just yet.

IMG_0653.PNG IMG_0654.PNG IMG_0655.PNG IMG_0656.PNG IMG_0657.PNG IMG_0658.PNG IMG_0659.PNG IMG_0660.PNG IMG_0661.PNG IMG_0662.PNG

9. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Favorite all of your cards that comes out of the REM so you won't accidentally sold them off.

That way you can also sort your box by fav so we won't see those Evo mats, dungeon drops or anything unworthy.

10. EoTN

EoTN I&I dual waifus

Weelllll... the thing is, Gung Ho exclusively makes money by people buying stones to roll the REM. The MP shop exists at all so that people can sell their duplicates, and feel better about spending money since suddenly duplicates have value. So, for GH to make money off of MP cards, they have to make them good enough for people to want to buy them, thus wanting to roll more, and thus spend more $$.

The trick with D.Ath is that she was SUPER popular when she came out, so a LOT of people have her. So if GH makes her so good that she's meta, then sure, people will buy her, but not as many as if they released a new MP card that is OP. So, the question is, how strong will they make her? Because on the flip side of the coin, making people happy is a good way to keep customers around, so... could go either way.

The safe money is on a buff that brings her just behind Gonia in power; she won't be meta, but she will be strong enough to clear all current content.

As for whether RMyr or LHeraDra get buffs, no way of knowing until they announce something. They were all obtained via QR codes on the PADR disc things, DAth first, then RMyr and LHera (And just last week D.RaDra), so who knows.

Side note, nothing in the MP shop is worth it except for the big ticket items. Tamadras can be farmed from a permanent coin dungeon, and everything else can be farmed in other places easily enough that the MP costs are WAY too high.

I'm terrible at team building outside of cookie cutter teams, so you'll have to forgive my lack of team advice.

sgt502 likes this.
  11. 20matar

20matar main:ghost@PF alt:firefly@PF

User ID:
    20matar
    The 3 things most valuable on the monster shop today: OdinDra, Dathena, RagnaDra (in this order).
    Nowadays, Dathena is also valuable as sub or inheritance on dark cards (cuz da bonus:wacky:), isn't a great delay like hydra but you'll get gorgeous stats.

RagnaDra still a great sub, can't be inherited and we got a lot of similar boards lately (ideal etc) that also brings 7c, but still absolutely relevant.

Now, OdinDra is kinda unique.;)

12. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Unless DAth get some stupid over the top evo, she's NOT worth the price tag. Order of MP cost to actual use is Odin Drag (everyone should have one) and RagDragon. Past that it depends on your box and needs. RagDrag is good because 1) only 300kmp, plus we get one from this months quest. 2) Teams he's one are typically almost "farmable" being either dupe RagDrags or some other farmable lead can make use of him or dupes of them. With super awakenings he's a MONSTER.

At 750k buying DAth for the delay assist is horrible, horrible advice.

13. SilverWolf

SilverWolf Member

Went ahead and purchased Odin dragon. It's just too good not to have , plus I really needed it for gronia

20matar likes this.