MP Shop should I save or buy?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by SilverWolf, Jul 30, 2018.

1. SilverWolf

SilverWolf Member

So I now have enough MP saved up to purchase either one of the dragons or one of the Noble Ones, but the new evolution for Dark Athena just came out so my question is should I buy one of the MP dragons, noble ones, or save for Dark Athena?

I have Odin, Ra, and Neptune Dragons already. So I know Odindra is the best of the mp dragons and Ra used to be insainly good with the right team, though he has fallen out of vogue due to power creep and the only other dragons worth getting are Ragnarock and Yomi. so basically what is the most valuable mp monster I can purchase at the moment? I will save for Dark Athena (I've wanted her since she was first released, but that new evo makes me want her more)

2. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    RagDra is really nice, but only for specific teams. Gronia, Rikuu, Makoto Yuki, couple of others. He's probably the only one worth buying since you already have Odindra.

Don't buy DAth. Frankly, her new evo is just bad. It doesn't fix anything. It'll get you through A3, I guess, but so would old DAth anyway. And so so many cards are more effective at endgame content for much less than DAth's steep price tag. I bet you have something already that will get you further.

I would recommend saving up in an effort to get Leo from the GungHo collab when that arrives in NA. 750k MP for a top tier card, certainly capable of clearing a ton more content than DAth, even if he's not super popular.

3. SilverWolf

SilverWolf Member

I already Have Radragon, Just haven't fully evolved him, cause evlving machine zeus is a collossal pain (though way easier now that the gem system is in place, its just a waiting game at this point.

4. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Nothing worth buying right now if you already have Odin Dragon. I second @Trap 's recommendation on Leo. That's the only thing I see worth purchasing in the foreseeable future.

5. brouxhaha

brouxhaha Dream Killer

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    He was talking about RagDra (aka Ragnarok Dragon), not RaDra.

6. wilk

wilk Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I had bought a DAth just for the time extend (had nothing past 1-2)...then rolled 3 orochis during one of the nicer god fests o_O ...

I'm coming up on being able to buy another MPDragon/4 gentlemen... Already have 2 ragdra and 1 courage... OdinDra seems to be a target of many ... Would you recommend the purchase or try to save up for Leo as you suggested?

Also...No one has mentioned anything about the 4 gentlemen...I'm assuming they aren't worth the purchase yet?

7. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, the 4 Gentlemen are not only pretty awful right now, but really hard to evo into their new, still underwhelming ults, and also available from Ranking Dungeons for free (if NA ever gets them). Don't buy one of them.

Odindra is crazy good. Even if you had a great Leo team and had to choose between Leo and Odindra, I would still probably go Odindra. Seriously. He's that good. Get him.

8. SilverWolf

SilverWolf Member

Odindra is probably the best investment you can make mp wise right now or ever really. He is pretty much a prereque for taking on anihalation level dungeons these days (at least according to a few people I've talked to about him). He fits on pretty much any team as well, might be a bit hard to ultevo if you can't get your hands on a giadragon easily, but that's the only real drawback.

Trap likes this.
  9. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    false. Buy Xiu Min because the art is da bes!

that id, agree with others, D Athena sucks and only Ragnarok Dragon is worth it here, but even then, save.

10. wilk

wilk Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Which OdinDra is the best form?
    Light Lance Form or Stormwing Form?

I'm leaning toward Light Lance Form as the actives look better. I'm not sure if I will use as a lead, but I would likely at least use as a sub.

11. kaylathehedgehog

kaylathehedgehog Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Light Lance. No questions.

Tek7, Vaedriel, xer 21 and 2 others like this.
  12. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, Light Lance Form is really good. The 7c pretty much makes him fit as a sub anywhere he's on-color.

wilk likes this.
  13. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    It is IRONIC that OdinDra, notoriously the black sheep, often mocked and ridiculed, red-headed step child twice removed, was the epitome of the worst of all the MP Dragons... until with just ONE EVO, he's now the golden goose, top tier, and most revered of the bunch.

Just goes to show... NEVER EVER think that a card will always be dumb or useless.

Fate can change a card's stars with just one evo. ;)

Nachtmacher, wilk, Tek7 and 2 others like this.
  14. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    More like one buff to his active. Making him a full awoken bind clear is what gave him his niche. The 7c just made him more widely usable as a sub. But it sure is crazy how his reputation changed.

Vaedriel likes this.
  15. wilk

wilk Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    best/easiest dungeon to obtain gaia dragon?
    I'm pretty close to that final evo ... I need 2 more jewels of wood (need to wait for the next spirit jewel rush ... unless there is another way), which will finish hera beorc for sevenzard, and I need gaia dragon. Didn't take too long to get everything else :D

16. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    As of right now, Gem Temple. It's short (6 floors on Annihilation) and the boss is Radar Dragons that can drop their gems.

If you could find her guerilla dungeon then it's the best because she is a guaranteed drop there. 3p Dragon Rush is also a guaranteed drop for all floors except Dragon Caller floor but it's brutal.

Vaedriel, wilk and Trap like this.
  17. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    This, although I would note that only guaranteed drops in 3P CDR are Fl1, Fl4, and Fl6. Gem temple is a good way to get her, her own descend is incredibly easy and has 100% drop rate, and of course A3 works. I'd stay away from 3P CDR.

sgt502 and wilk like this.
  18. wilk

wilk Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Sounds good... It looks like I have to be vigilant about when either appears (didn't realize the gem temple was a limited time guerrilla dungeon) ... Thanks for the tips!

I'm assuming a Ragdra team built to take on arena should be good enough to take it down in either her descend or the gem temple (I've used it to successfully beat A1 and A2 ... have yet to try A3)

RagDra(fujin)| RagDra(roots) / Julie(Red Female Hunter) / A.Ganesha (Sheen) / Courage (Kushinada)

paired often with RagDra (D.Athena)

I do now have a pair of Orochis that I could use for delays instead of my current assists (I set that team up before I had any longer delays available)

All are hypermaxed, both RagDras are lvl 110 (friend ragdra as well)

19. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I forgot that this month's C9 has GaiaDra as boss. I'm sure she is a guaranteed drop there.

20. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I would say not enough Fujins to clear A3 with any level of reliability. Try to get one more in before tackling A3.

I don't think C9 has a good drop rate, but it probably does drop.