My GH Collab trade thread

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by MisterDrgn, Oct 1, 2019.

1. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    So I have some useless GH monsters (notably Orage), and it would be fun to trade for something new. I have a strong Zela Kitty team (two Zela subs), so I don't think there's any way I'm getting a better leader than what I have now. I wouldn't mind a strong leader who plays a bit differently, so Karin has some appeal, even though I lack optimal subs for Karin/Tifa (e.g., BZela). Other options...

Raizer? He's someone I could use (or inherit) on my ZKitty team, or he could be used as an alternate lead pairing. As I understand, his two-turn Fujin active is only really useful in one Arena dungeon, and even there it isn't needed, though of course it might be useful in the future.

Luluna (G/G) seems interesting on Zela Kitty, but is it good enough to replace a dupe Zela? Great awoken skills, worse active.

Kisaragi seems cool, but less strong as a leader than Karin, and useful as a sub mostly if I already have Karin.

Bradamante see Kisaragi. But she does have the super rare lock all orbs active, which has some appeal.

(EDIT: Actually game8 is currently list Reincarnated Diaochan, who is a 7x6 lead, as a top leader. Interesting...)

Zeta's strong, but not as appealing as last time, and he'd be stronger with additional Zeta subs I think.

...or I could hold off and see how the collab looks next time around. It seems to come by fairly often, though that might change.

Any suggestions are welcome, thanks.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  2. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Welp, I just rolled a Zeta. I dunno if that makes trading for Zeta more or less tempting.

...but I see that I have no Zeta friends at present, so that's not a good sign.

3. Freddyfudrucker

Freddyfudrucker Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Freddyfud
    Strong leader with different play styles? I’d get Karin since you can pair her with a variety of strong light leads. Bride Zela is clearly a fantastic sub but you don’t need her.

MisterDrgn likes this.
  4. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Luluna works great for JP because she can be paired with the bike guy from Shonan Collab for auto FUA, which we won't get.

Raizer is very useful if you want to farm A5 (and for the upcoming AA3) consistently.

If you want to get Bradamante, get Kisaragi as well to pair her with. Sort of like Tifa/Yusuke pairing. Very compatible and strong.

Dark Zeta is strong but managing HP for long dungeon could be very hard. That's why dupes are his best subs.

I agree that you should get Karin. She's not constraint in team building and even without Bride Zela she's pretty strong. Many light cards makes tricolor board Light with /Heal but without the +combo. I want to have her even though I don't have BZela. She looks fun to play.

MisterDrgn likes this.
  5. Freddyfudrucker

User ID:
    Freddyfud
    I have Tifa, Mariel, MMN and B Zela. If you get Karin and want to pair with any of them you can let me know and I’ll put it up.

Edit: just rolled Bradamante so add her to the list.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    MisterDrgn likes this.
  6. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Thanks for the suggestions all. I was a bit concerned about whether Karin is future proof, since she's already perhaps a bit less strong than when she was released, and a few months from now it's possible there will just be better light leads, plus I could just run Reincarnated Diaochan when we get her. Whereas Bradamante, for example, has a unique active that might have lots of value in the future.

...but I'll probably just get Karin, so I have an excuse to play with cool light monsters that haven't been getting a lot of attention.

7. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    No cards will stays relevant. There will always be newer and more appealing cards released. Remember when Fatalis landed in NA? People thought he's indestructible and will stays relevant for a long time.

I think Dark Karin will stays relevant in NA for quite some time. Komasan S is still a top tier lead in JP even though has less ATK multiplier but has built-in shield. Karin plays like Komasan and Karin's skill allows her team to soak some big hits for 3 turns so her team is covered for shield. She can be paired nicely with Bradamante, Revo Diaochan or Tifa for bigger board.

The most important thing is, if you fell that you will have fun with her what's stopping you?

Freddyfudrucker likes this.
  8. I_Grok

I_Grok Comb the desert

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm thinking about trading, and am trying to make a similar decision.

I pulled one knight, a couple of zeta, and a couple of omega. I have elena from when she arrived.

Deciding if I want Karin and one of Bradmonte or Razier. I would love to plug Lulu into zkitty, but it seems like a luxury. I'm keeping one Noir. What about Orage and Ralg, worth keeping even one of either of them?

I have 2 Yusuke, dupes of the light ff cards except one aerith and no Tifa, kanan, BZela, Sherias, Viz (as a skill base), & HCotton. What does a good Karin team look like?

9. Freddyfudrucker

User ID:
    Freddyfud
    Not sure how to add to what’s been said above but to be clear she is worthy because you can pair her with many different light leads. Run her with Mariel and blow shit up with sub attributes alone. Run her with 7x6 leads. Run her with shields like Aerith. Run her with Match 5 like NY Yomi or even Bride Esch. Run her on light based rainbows like Zinogre or combos with Ed. Consider the LS rcv and time buff along with the active @sgt502 mentions above in addition to the 16x multi.

As for optimal teams like everything else it’s situational. But light has a lot of flexibility which makes team building easier.

TBH if you have good light leads then you may want to use friends instead of trading. Otherwise she is worth it.

10. Efreet

Efreet Well-Known Member

User ID:
    302 818 310
    PADherder:
    link
    Late to the party but i was also considering a trade for Razier to strengthen my green box.
    My only doubt is the value of the "bad" rolls, i have dupe Ralg and Orage; i never used either for any meaningful stuff but ralg could be useful if Raoh gets truly meta and Orage has base cloud.
    Regarding Karin, yes she's a safe trade, flexible enough for light boxes but i i haven't used mine in a long time, Yusuke x Tifa is more fun and flexible and i find karin x karin kinda underwhelming.

11. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Hm, yeah I could just run Yusuke/Tifa, and I could run Revo Diaochan as a 7x6 lead when we get it. I dunno how much added value Karin provides, plus I don't have optimal trading options for her (dupe Elena, dupe Noir, only Orage, dupe Aten, only Morrigu -- who knows if Morrigu will ever be good).

I have slightly better trade options for Bradamante (dupe Elena, dupe Noir, only Orage, dupe Scheat, second dupe Eschamali, or maybe that dupe Aten), and I still feel kinda drawn to her. Aside from the interesting active, she's a good inherit base with massive VDP potential and double TEs. Maybe I'm wrong and I would actually find I don't even use her. But I definitely want to trade for something--these unnecessary Gungho Collab monsters are burning a hole in my pocket.

Cheeseghost likes this.
  12. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Eh, I got Bradamante. Maybe not the best choice, but whatever, should be fun.

iddybat and Efreet like this.
  13. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    Sidenote..I love morrigu as a situational sub...3 sb and the add 3 combo count is great for certain dungeons along with a 7c and 10c...been using her with omega situationally

Efreet likes this.
  14. Efreet

Efreet Well-Known Member

User ID:
    302 818 310
    PADherder:
    link
    In the end aside from the fun factor the most important thing is making some use out of your box, better trading for a thing to use a bit than having five rotting in your box.
    I went ahead with Raizer.

Jph81 and MisterDrgn like this.
  15. I_Grok

I_Grok Comb the desert

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I ended going the same way. If anything I can just ignore spinners. On several runs yesterday I understand the lure of tifa/ yusuke.

MisterDrgn likes this.
  16. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    I tried Tifa/Yusuke, but I’ve been getting more into Bradamante/Karin. For now, anyway.