My notes on Zahhak Descended (Mythical)

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and Dungeon Strategies' started by Aquablast, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Aquablast

Aquablast Dedicated Dragon User

User ID:
    F1: Ancient Flame Dragon, Ammonite & Ancient Lake Dragon, Coelacanth. Ammonite preempts with 50% damage reduction for 1 turn. Coelacanth preempts with 50% gravity, and has a 75% resolve.

F2: Shrine Priestess, Kano. Preempts with a 50% damage reduction for 5 turns. Gets mad on the 2nd turn (ATK buff). Didn't want to find out she can do, so I just took her out by then.

F3: Goddess of the Bleak Night, Pandora. Preempts by shuffling your board into poison, jammer, light, dark, and heal orbs, as well as voiding 1 damage or more for 999 turns, AND has a 8-combo shield. If you fail to kill her, she will cast a massive skill delay, and reduces your orb move time by half for 10 turns, then suicides.

It's not deadly if you fail to kill her, and in theory, you could try and stall for 10 turns so that the orb movement penalty wears off... but it's a huge pain, and I hate stalling.

Still, there is no way I can trigger VDP and still reach 9 combo, unless I decided to stop using dragons and/or go multiplayer, so I basically just have to stall.

Note that she DOESN'T have a status effect shield, so you could delay her or something? But if you can't kill her on the first turn by creating a premade board or something, you probably won't do it on the next few turns either.

F4: Creation Empress God, Izanami. It has 50% light reduction (though the entry on PADX says she has 50% water reduction too, but I didn't see that). Preempts with a 10 turns status effect immunity, and a 1 turn 75% damage reduction shield, and finally, attempts to bind ALL your monsters for 1-3 turns. On the second turn, attempts to stop you from using skills for 10 turns. (As well as creating jammers.) Rest of her patterns seems to fit with the PADX entry. (You can find her as an enemy at Alt. Bipolar Goddess No Continue.)

I tried to stall here, but forgot that bombs will do damage when exploded. I actually reached the 5th floor on my first attempt (I didn't stall). Forgot the name of the enemy, but it was some irritating goddess whose theme revolves around droughts/water, and has a "Water of Life" attack that halves your RVU for 10 turns. I think she disabled my awoken skills for 5 turns too.

Anyway, even if I could somehow make it to F6, I'd probably be low on health and without skills (probably with a halved RVU too and without awoken skills). I doubt that I could beat Zahhak at that rate.

Well, this post is kinda useless, isn't it? Since I couldn't even get to the boss to learn its pattern. But this is something to go on until sgt502 posts a video or something.

YamaKyu likes this.
  2. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    You don't have to VDP (kill) her. It's a 1 turn floor. You match the 10 combos she makes, she gives you a move time buff and goes away. You miss the 10 combos, you get a 10 turn skill delay and move dime debuff, but she still goes away. Take extra move time and just match the 10c.

sgt502 likes this.
  3. Aquablast

User ID:
    Oh, I didn't know that. I wonder how would you normally find this out? And to be fair, would you be surprised if they want you to VDP her on top of scoring 9 combo?

4. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    It's impossible to do 10 combo with VDP with 6x5 board unless you're using bicolor board with perfect orbs spread and +3 combo skill. It's possible with 7x6 board without using +combo skill though.

5. Aquablast

User ID:
    Then maybe that could be exactly what the game wants you to do? I guess that is just my pessimism/cynicism speaking, but the game does a lot of mean things sometimes. Quetzalcoalt already demands VDP with 8 combo, if you want to one-shoot it instead of slugging it out. And there is that Mion or something, who cuts your orb movement time and expects you to do a high combo anyway. I guess in Mion's case, you could bring someone with an active that extend orb moving time-- I assume that will overwrite the orb moving penalty-- but it's thanks to stuff like that, that I wouldn't be surprised if the game actually wants you to VDP with 10 combo.

Not to turn this into a rant, but for us intermediate (or beginner, depending on how view my level) players, VDP with 8 combo is already pretty impossible, but you did it in that Quetzalcoalt video of yours (and from the impression I get, so did everyone else), so I sometimes just assume what I consider impossible isn't actually impossible for someone better than me... That's how I came to that VDP with 10 combo conclusion-- even though it sounds near impossible for me, maybe it is a piece of cake for someone else.

I still wonder how you're suppose to know that 10 combo is all you need in Pandora's case, without someone else telling you. I definitely would never have known without ko300zx pointing it out.

6. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    By watching a lot of JP videos. They had the dungeon before us so we had some time to prepare for what's coming.

Also, you'd noticed that Pandora change the board into exactly 10-combo board (if you didn't resist hammers and poisons). There are some enemy that just does that. They want you to pass their test. Other enemies are Lakshmi (clear her jammers and she will killed herself just like Pandora, leave one Jammer on board and she executes you).

If you understand Chinese, there's a Chinese PAD wiki (much like PADX only more up to date) that you can use to look up dungeon info: http://pad.skyozora.com/

Aquablast likes this.
  7. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    lol, I didn't know that was an option. This dungeon was a pain for me, but I ended up clearing with Shirou by inheriting Diaochan on Rin so I could get rid of the time debuff and shorten the awoken skill bind. I wish I had a cleaner solution to RCV debuffs (aside from sticking Mizutsune somewhere), but with Shirou the RCV is pretty solid even with the debuff.

8. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Yeah no need for it with Shirou, especially if your team is all red and light subs, which it looks like it is. I did Madoo coop and failed I think 4 times in a row by getting 5 combo VDP boards on the last floor. I even inherited Shirou for +3 combos but that just hits the 8c shield rather than the needed 9. You can of course wait a turn, but I kept just running through all my actives first turn, rather than thinking to wait, and each time...5c. Almost sent my phone through the window. Not even touching 3p after that.

9. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    I normally inherit R/L Gilgamesh on Rin, which is nice for adding a few red orbs to improve VDP boards.

I’m kinda giving up on 3P because I never get partners. Dungeons with three difficulties are the worst because even if I get partners for the top difficulty, I probably won’t get partners for the others. I wish you weren’t required to start with three players. I dunny, maybe I could find partners on discord, but that’s become a lot harder for two-player.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  10. Aquablast

User ID:
    No... I didn't notice that. I thought she just randomly reshuffled my board. And to be honest, I can barely match 7 combo consistently even with something like 12.5 seconds orb moving time. I doubt that I can clear the whole board without a whole lot more orb moving time. I think this is as far as my skill and dragon-only clause will take me.

Yeah, I can read Chinese. Not Japanese though, except a few words that I have seen too many times, or some Kanji. Thanks for the site. I'll check it out later.

11. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If you can read Chinese, Japanese should be easy since almost all kanji characters have the same meaning. Just gotta know the kana that's all.