My Yusuke thread

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by MisterDrgn, May 15, 2018.

1. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    So I would like to trade for Yusuke. He seems like a fun, strong lead, and I think I have pretty good sub options. Plus I like Light. But there are a couple drawbacks:

1) These days, I am more of a casual player, so I'm less interested in something for AA farming, and more interested in something for beating up on dungeons that used to be hard and feeling good about it. Bonia fills that niche pretty well and has a fairly similar playstyle, so I'm not sure how much Yusuke adds.

2) I'd have to make sacrifices to get him. I have one collab diamond (Sensui), and I wouldn't mind dumping both my Baldins. But I'd still have to choose among trading my only Bodin, Rodin, Sylvie, or Aten. Of those, I got Sylvie most recently and I've never used him, but it seems like he could be really strong on the right team. Bodin provides basically no value these days, and Rodin is a replaceable button, but Bodin gets nostalgia points for being one of my early monsters, and Bodin/Rodin might be getting strong evos soon. So...maybe Aten? Are its new evos exciting? I used to like Aten on my Ronove team.

If I get Yusuke, I guess my subs would likely be Yuna, BCotton, OdinDra, and Viz? (But I'd rather keep the double god killer Viz evo). And then I have Nene, Ivory Ice, and Ameno available for inherits. Nene seems great for hitting the 7-combo while making a block of 9 light, but it seems like you'd want a heart-breaker or Xiu Min or something for fixing bad tricolor boards. Oh, I also have Astalos inherit.

2. 20matar

20matar main:20Matar alt:firefly

User ID:
    20matar
    I'm in the same boat.
    I have Ideal, Ney, OdinDra, but I could not get yusuke without sacrificing something :misc12:.
    But if you are a casual player, I think it's worth some sacrifice in exchange for a strong and fun team.

Technically comparing with the sonias, we all know that the team has the same style (but stronger:punch:), However I think the real brutal difference is in the time we have to make the combos.
    But i think i'm just kinda spoiled with the :awakening10: of Blonia, DIdeal, Raijin.

I have not decided if I'm going to trade for him or not, (but it's more likely not).

Edit: About Sylvie She's nice, i was using her to lead my Dios team in both accounts, but now i got Mitsunari, so she definitely is in my sights, but gives a certain fear:nailbiting: of "destroying" board makers who make hearts, (they are very valuable at the right time)

3. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Basically if you can trade for him without much pain do it. He’s better than the Sonia’s because it’s so much damn faster, Sonias might be safer-ish with their shield but their damage is balls compared to his.

He’s top shelf lead material, not like college football good, he’s NFL All-Pro good.

4. FoxtrotFool

FoxtrotFool Well-Known Member

I played it on my alt and found getting 7 combos require a commitment to practicing. Its also a lot easier with 8+ seconds as supposed to 6. (Need awakening and latents).

Alternatively, pair with Diablo and call it the day...

I need one more 6 star from my other alt to trade, (ideally 2). Otherwise it would be too painful...

Try to do quick dungeons with it, and decide if you like the play style. Subs with time extend will make a big difference

5. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Sylvie could be nice to have around if I decide to play with the new Kaede evo. I'd be more likely to sac Aten, I think.

Well, let's see. My Bonia team has 6.5s of TE (8.5 with the badge). My proposed Yusuke team would have 5.5s, or 6s if I swapped Viz evos. So I think I'd be in decent shape, despite being a lousy combo-er.

6. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Never mind. I caved and did that $1 for a pull + a stone deal (my first IAP in a long time) and straight-up pulled Yusuke, so problem solved. Now I gotta find a use for this Sensui I wasn't planning to keep.

Vaedriel, Fridgeboy, Ovine and 3 others like this.
  7. bookwyrm

bookwyrm Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    One day I too will get the luck that so many other people keep having...one day...

HappyNoms and MisterDrgn like this.
  8. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    This warmed my heart so much I called my wife over to see it, the way she is forever showing me YouTube videos of capybaras chilling in a hot spring, or some cuteness overload pet with a leg in a cast, and she looked at me like I was crazy, but I know. I know.

Congratulations and have fun.

MisterDrgn likes this.
  9. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Thank you.

Seriously though, capybaras are cute.

10. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    I yoloed my stones for a Sensui for a fledgling Revo Okun team I was toying with and ended up with 2 Yasukes. Sooooo ended up just shelving the other team since trying to find a leader I enjoy playing who was up ever sucked and I was getting bored with my Amatsu team.

Now we need about 7 Yasuke teambuilding threads to replace the "should I exchange for Yasuke" threads

MisterDrgn likes this.
  11. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    I tried a Sensui team. It played kinda like Yusuke, but it took more work—less TE, no skyfalls, ideally want bigger combos, etc. It didn’t seem worth it.

But maybe I’ll try Sensui on Okuni or Uranus.

12. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    Sensui just seems like an able body for some sort of bind clear. Maybe a L.Meta equip for the Bind Clear awakening/Active to go with 2 fingers and 2 7cs

MisterDrgn likes this.
  13. scrubbo

scrubbo Have you ever punched a donkey? Event Manager

User ID:
    Dang, MisterDrgn! Glad you got that pull.

I'm about to sell 2 dupe rodins, a dupe blodin, and a d meta to get him. Given that i have multiples of all of them, plus a solid light box, it should be fun.

MisterDrgn likes this.
  14. scrubbo

scrubbo Have you ever punched a donkey? Event Manager

User ID:
    Idly reading this I was like "WTF, why would anybody want odindra....OMFG HIS ACTIVE HAS BEEN BUFFED TO STUPID LEVELS!!1!1!!11!"

Vaedriel likes this.
  15. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I use Sensui for Raijin. He covers Dark and Red (previously occupied by Haku, but I think Sensui is better: bind resist, double 7c, double TE), two of the most hard-to-get colors on Attacker type.

16. Fridgeboy

Fridgeboy Active Member

User ID:
    336 207 472
    If only light metatrons could be traded. I have 3 on my alt and they suck. I've never used them since getting an odindra on BOTH accounts.

Glad you got your yusuke. I'm hoping that last pull on sunday will give me him on my alt