Need an assist with assist (not a cyst)

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Playerdb, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Playerdb

Playerdb db

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I’m thinking about experimenting with the assist function but, like a novice hard shell crab eater, I don’t know where to begin.

I’ve done a little reading on the subject but I still don’t know what my best options are and don’t want to waste millions trying to figure it out.

My padherder: https://www.padherder.com/user/db84

Also, what’s the difference between someone like 4233 Claymore or 3918 Balmung and a regular assist ready card like 3688 Scheat?

Thanks in advance

2. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    Knowing what teams/leads you run, just in a broad general brushstrokes sense would help us know who doesn't make any sense to propose as an assist/equip, because it's a key base card, or who is superfluous to assist to because xyz team isn't run.

In general, things you look for in an assist card are:
    * does it confer extra awakenings (i.e. is it an equip), for extra TPA, or anti-cloud (Jhoira), anti-posion (Kralice), anti-blind (various ninjas like Hanzo), etc.
    * is the active relevant (an anti-void equip, for running arena2/3/4, even if the combined cd is long, or an x3-5 boost for an end floor knockout/VDP/etc need)
    * is it on color for stats gain to the base card (Nees or Orochi or so forth for hp bump, though this is often just gravy and awakenings/active are more important)
    * is the active super long and irrelevant just as skill delay resist (ex: equip zillion turn unevolved zeus for psuedo delay resist)

For instance, if you were running RevoRaphael as a lead, and wanted NY Yomi as a base card, you might want DKali or Roots or Aten inherited on him for a reasonable board, as Yomi time active is fine but board change is more essential. Assuming you had the box depth and didn't want more board change base. People often want a FUA and a VDP base, and so limit to a couple board change subs.

Raphael is semi-difficult to consistently pilot forever, so I don't know if you run that. Anyway, because jammers and blinds and clouds can really screw with your ability to full board solve, you'd probably, all things considered, lean a bit to equip actives on various cards, to get some anti-posion/anti-blind in there, though it's likely you can find a Raphael friend with something breezy like a Kralice 60 poison equip, or an anti-cloud and full unbind Jhoira equip if you find a truly devoted whale who is a serious Raphael addict.

There's probably some kind of lulzy damage Raphael team I'd run as a jaded cat, with some mix of DKali / Roots / NY Yomi / Zela and inherits. Probably Indra sheild as an inherit if there's space, and most likely it's NYYomi^Roots to make space for some card with anti-void or VDP base, though I've been too lazy to scan the whole box list for what's VDP since herder doesn't list super awakenings. I also something just run Raphael at things that aren't filthy littered with multiple void floors, as far as picking my spots with 2-3 teams.

I assume you run leads like Zela. Maybe Raphael. Maybe Fio.
    Dunno. Give forums a bit more focus on your couple of favorites.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    Playerdb likes this.
  3. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Re: thread title:

EDIT: I was getting ready to add a serious answer, but I got ninja'd by @HappyNoms.

Playerdb likes this.
  4. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    Just remember:

Which is correct?
    Assists attorney in drafting documentation.
    Assists attorney with drafting documentation.

The first is correct grammar.

Unless the words are slightly reversed, of course.
    Assists attorney with documentation drafting.

English and it's rules...
    Tell your doctor if you have a pain in the English.
    If it's not a cyst, it could be a rhabdomyosarcoma.
    And remember to ask for more about Side-ex, the only prescription drug that is entirely side effects.

Playerdb likes this.
  5. Playerdb

Playerdb db

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Right now my main team is Aten/ValRoseAna/Orochi/Dkali/Navi but I pulled a few leads/subs recently which may be good on a team once they’re fully awakened and skilled (Fio, Rushana, Yog, Zela, Ren). I’m fairly new so my team building skill is about on par with my board solving skill.

6. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    It's more of a need-to basis based on the dungeon. If you need a specific skill but the original card with that said skill can't fit on your team for any reason, you can put it as an assist. If you can take a dungeon with all the skills from your team's member then you don't need an assist. Many also put assist as a long skill delay protection or for the stats bonuses.

Playerdb likes this.
  7. Playerdb

Playerdb db

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    What if the documentation is about drafting? Kinda like in the case of my title, where assists is a noun.

I do have a pain in the English!

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  8. Playerdb

Playerdb db

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I understand that assist evolutions aren’t reversible but can you assign and remove them like other assist cards?

9. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yes you can. Every time you assign a card as an assist it will cost you 1M coin but it won't cost you anything to remove it.

Playerdb likes this.
  10. 20matar

20matar 20Matar

User ID:
    20matar
    Also, I don't think you're going to dive into deep water for now, but one thing to keep in mind is not to overshadow important actives with incompatible things just for stats when the dungeon is long.
    One quick example is Orochi over Reeche and you die because you ended up with delay in the wrong floor against the wrong guy (girl ;)).
    Now Blue Uruka over Reeche still relevant, is a great assist actually.

So, mostly I try to think about inheritance as some kind of upgrade of the base skill, if you can go with the same color and get stats excellent!
    but isn't a unbreakable rule.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
    sgt502 and Playerdb like this.