New 10-stone Dragon Machine in JP

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by bp1976, Sep 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bp1976

bp1976 Pittsburgh, PA Born and Raised

User ID:
    So, since we have a few months to prepare for this thing, thought I would put my thoughts down into a thread so everyone else can weigh in.

Couple of things I have found out so far:

It is NOT feasible to roll this machine for Ney. All five Neys combined have the same probability as Ideal. See here for the JP roll results: http://pad.skyozora.com/gacha/龍契士&龍喚士ガチャ#gacha

My thoughts on the individual monsters:

Ideal (L/D): Have seen JP vids of her clearing Colo already, looks to be a reasonably strong lead if you like the Rainbow playstyle. Active is nice, but kind of awkward. If you are doing a board change, why the delay? Honestly not sure how I feel about this card, kind of underwhelming for a chase card. Triple 7c is crazy but no TE to help pull it off. I honestly see her as being ridiculous for no Awakening dungeons though. But that Art tho!

Ideal (D/L): Entirely different card. 1/225/1 with all of those awakenings, or more likely, paired with diablos for the 7x6 board. Kind of splits the difference with Anubis, giving 15x without skill usage, without giving the RCV boost. And gives the HP and RCV bonus from the awakenings.

6-stars:

Enra - Triple 7c is crazy strong. Active is honestly really, really good. Double orb change to Fire and Hazards to hearts on a 9 turn CD. 144x with a shield isnt horrible as a lead either, being unbindable with an SBR. Stacking TE subs to hit that 7c reliably in red while getting no help from the leads could be a challenge though.

Weld - I LOVE this card. Unevolved, he is a triple TPA sub with 2200 ATK, two fingers, and an SBR, with a great active. Scheat will love him. Evolved, he is an equip with an OE and a TPA with an awesome active. First equip evo that will provide on-color stats, awakenings, and active. Again, Scheat (and anyone on her team) will love him.

Niece - Weird card. I feel like she is the troll diamond of the machine. Leader skill is meh, Active is really weird. Clears awoken binds but not regular ones. Reasonable orb change but not on that long of a CD.

Tadis - Bye bye Gunma. Great stats, better active. May replace the double Diao Chan in the Traditional Anubis setup, and might actually fit in the Anubis/Diablos setups. Only giving up one sub slot for the extra 3x ATK and RCV bonus might be worth it. As a lead, not horrible with 4/100/4 unconditional for wood. Split pairings for 2/xxx/2 might work too.

Rii - Inheritable Leader Swap. Enough Said.

5 Stars:

Chazel - Triple Devil Killer with an awesome active. Mito just became obsolete.

Lasios - Normal Evo, light row card that makes columns. Kind of awkward. Equip evo though, adds a finger and two light rows. Throw it on UUVO Tifa and you have a card with 7 light rows, 3 fingers, and a light orb-making shield active.

No.6 - Triple God Killer, low CD active. 2 SBR. Fire row farming teams love you.

Kiri - Triple Dragon Killer for farm teams. Also, INHERITABLE color swap for puppet cheese teams. The possibilities are endless. Get your low CD fire monsters ready. We have entered a whole new world of cheese.

Kuria - Nice double SBR, on-color, on-type sub for Dathena, if you still need one.

What do you guys think?

Vaedriel likes this.
  2. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Rii broke the game. That is my only thought on the entire REM. 7x6 was already invasive enough with Diablos. Now 7x6 is the default board size for PAD. The rest of the REM pales in comparison to the possibilities she opens for anyone who rolls her. I'm already practicing making a 3x3 pixel box and 2 crosses with Aizen to melt anything in the game.

3. Xayvin

Xayvin Floofie Tail Fanboy!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    REM is filled with value from top to bottom. Saving up to roll multiple packs worth of stones for Ideal, Rii, and Tadis. Hope it gets here sooner than later.

Vaedriel and CloudStrife like this.
  4. tanpopo

tanpopo adventure!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    What makes Rii so broken? Leader swap is a strong skill, but hers is also on a 22 base CD. In single player you're going to have to stall a long time to get it up in the first place, and even in 2P you have to stall a long time to swap back.

PDF3 likes this.
  5. ko300zx

User ID:
    You don't swap back. You use her to turn any team into a 7x6 team for the duration of the run. Examples:

7x6 Blue Hunter/Blue Hunter

All you need is a 7x6 board maker that is an acceptable sub on the team you want to run. For example, Sima Yi on Aizen, Diaochan on Anubis or Kushi, Diabos on Musubi, etc.

Can also do double Ganesha anything.

6. CloudnineXXX

CloudnineXXX Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Rii does sound sweet. Who is she usually SI'd on in JP?

7. tanpopo

tanpopo adventure!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    ohh i see now. That is pretty broken.

8. Aldri

Aldri Active Member

Well I desperately want Rii now. I do wish I had more 7x6 cards though. Seems like you'll want one in every color.

9. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Damn i think i will save a shit load of stones for this didnt expect the leader swap to be inheritable and work with 7x6 boards

10. CloudnineXXX

CloudnineXXX Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Keep in mind it only seems really good in multiplayer. CD on top of SI is real long for single player.

11. Flandre

Flandre Scarlet Devil Staff Member

I honestly think most of the stuff in here is pretty useless (for me at least) outside of Tardis and Rii.

I rolled everything except Ideal but I don't really think I'll use any of them.

Unknown_PC likes this.
  12. ko300zx

User ID:
    It's just as good for single player. It's not hard to stall up in the early floors of most dungeons. If you use someone like Diao as your base, you're only stalling like 10 turns anyways.

13. bookwyrm

bookwyrm Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm going to roll the heck out of this REM when it gets here. More than half the units are ones I could see myself using, though Tadis is my most wanted pull for my Anubis team.

I'm actually the opposite; I hope this REM takes its sweet time getting here. The Final Fantasy Collab wiped out my magic stones, and I want to build my stone amount up as much as possible for this.

Murdurus likes this.
  14. bp1976

bp1976 Pittsburgh, PA Born and Raised

User ID:
    I think the triple killer cards are going to be amazing. Between those and the inheritable leader swaps, there will be ways to double ganesha EVERYTHING.

15. awkward.fistbumps

awkward.fistbumps semi-retired from pad. Full stam most days

PADherder:
    link
    I just want tadis and maybe ideal for that sweet art. Will start saving up now although it'll be hard since I'm gonna start iap over at fire emblem heroes.

16. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Well-Known Member

User ID:
    REM is niche AF. Avoid at all costs. Better to hope for Hello Kitty collab to return.

17. Xayvin

Xayvin Floofie Tail Fanboy!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, you’re right - there is nothing good except for Tardis and Rii. ;)

I’ll pull as much as I can, and then I’ll let it rot in my box unused!

Once Hello Kitty comes back, I’ll make an A3 farming team that’ll put RagDra to shame. Hurry up GH!

CloudStrife likes this.
  18. dplin

dplin Member

User ID:
    Thinkfish
    With Rii....does that mean Diablos is now obsolete? lol

19. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So much value. Im not rolling again until we get this REM

CloudStrife and Xayvin like this.
  20. Flandre

Flandre Scarlet Devil Staff Member

If this is a shot at my comment (it sure seems that way), I did say that I personally have zero use for them.

The cards aren't bad, but seeing as I only really play one team, nothing here will ever see use on my teams for the most part except Tardis as a statstick replacement for Gunma, and Rii for specific farming setups.

This isn't uncommon for me, I always roll special REMs and collabs for stuff that I don't use, I have hundreds of hypermaxes that have been used once or never at all just because they have cute art. That's the reason I rolled this, not for actual practical value.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.