New accounts and Godfests splitting GFEs from Pantheons

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Noc, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Noc

Noc New Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    Hi everyone,

I recently started a new account after a long time away. I currently have 3 cards that aren't troll golds: Kami, Orochi, and Ganesha: Two utility cards and a lead that has allowed me to steamroll many mythical descends and most normal & technical dungeons before I awoke, evolved, or acquired appropriate subs (all in single player). The catch is that I can't deal with orb trolling and that my lead is a bit of a loose cannon when it comes to damage control. I thought I'd hope for a godfest with some pantheons that change orbs (e.g. Greeks, Chinese, etc.) and maybe something to get around damage control issues (like Fujin) in the mix. But here I find myself with a godfest separated from pantheons even, and not knowing how to proceed. Is this kind of set-up the current normal? I'd appreciate some help figuring out how think about this. Should I wait (if so, wait for what?) or roll? As for my stone situation, I'm sitting on around 100 stones from mining normal and technical dungeons and I won't have money to spend on the game for the foreseeable future (my stone situation is an anomaly). Thanks!

2. Roland

Roland Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Not sure how to respond. I dont have knowledge of your box, but your past experience should guide you there. Since any of the REMs are a crap shoot, I focus on the listed rares and how they would effect my game play, improve team construct or provide alternative play styles/teams. I have Ideal and Yog, not really sure that is enough leader diversity t oplay some of the more challenging content, though I am getting more consistent with Ideal as a leader.

For now I am looking for diversity in leaders and in niche abilities, such as Cloud resist, Poison Resist, Tape resist, TE, VDP, attribute or damge absorbtion, so more team techinical value for specific dungeons. When I examine a REM: is there generally such diversity? I have never looked at them orb change and so on.

PS: I used to hate poison, now I generally match it to get it out of my way and think of recovery and healing as more important team aspects, even for FUA.

I guess I look at leader value most, determine to pull, set a limit of pulls, but never end on a diamond, not sure why........

I also feel some of the collabs have been very helpful. MH and others. I like weapon enhances even more now, some of them.

3. Noc

Noc New Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    I don't have much of a box. All of my REM pulls are: Ganesha, Orochi, Kamimusubi, and some troll golds. I'm currently running those last 3 cards and some mystic knights. I 'm basically starting from next to nothing. In the past, I would have waited for a godfest with a pair of strong pantheons and a decent set of GFEs, but the REM renewal and the structure of some of the new godfests is throwing me for a loop. I'm not sure what to prioritize if I need to choose between godfests where I have an under 20% chance of getting anything and pantheon events like the one coming after godfest ends.

4. Roland

Roland Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Chances are habitually low now, with your box, I would pull some, build a more diverse set of cards. Hope for some cool leader diamonds.

Ganesha can help you with coins and some xp and the weekend dungeons or the experience of a lifetime. Kami is pretty good and Orochi is not leader material, but nice for delays when needing time in a dungeon.

Good luck if you decide to pull for a few new REM cards.

Noc likes this.
  5. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    Kami with friend vraska (antiposion equips on Vraska are easy to find popular) and cruise through early/mid/late game with whatever, breezy. Vraska brings double hp and a useful board change that includes FUA hearts.

I run kami / vraska with zero subs, into S-rank challenges for scoring, easy peasy. With actual subs, even filler, you should be able to breeze through everything short of arena3 degree of difficulty, mildly excepting whatever random dungeon has particularly dense dark absorb hate.

Noc likes this.
  6. Noc

Noc New Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    That's brilliant! I just S-ranked the gungho collab with Kami and Vraska with 0 subs like you suggested. I averaged a little over 5 combos and didn't even one-shot one of the floors, and still walked out with s-rank because of the lack of subs! And I got some mats (Rainbow py, jewel of creation, etc.) that tend to stay just out of my reach as a result :) Thanks!

7. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    Glad to hear that worked for you.

I tweaked my default approach slightly and usually deafult in an arbitrary tengu sub, just as filler, as he doesn't bump up the team cost very much and the four skillups get the vraska actives up in useable / reasonable time. You still get about 180k just off a team cost of something like 3.3, and then the combo points and number of turn points get you to 250-280 or so territory and are still enough to easily s rank things.

The advantage of a low rarity sub like Tengu, other than the SB for quicker vraska actives up, (on the offchance you need a FUA midfloors, or a heal vs some unexpected multiturn color absorb), is a fifth source of damage for floors with 5 or 6 mob opponents, so you don't have to remember to five orb match for mass attack.

Happy puzzling.