New active idea: No skyfall for one turn

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by Argly902, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Argly902

Argly902 DALTON

PADherder:
    link
    So obviously Sopdet is major nuisance to many teams, and currently the fix is a GFE.

What they could do is introduce an active where it disables skyfall for one turn and maybe add movement time? And then they could make the monster an inheritable descend or something of the sort.

That way you have a turn of complete damage control, but it's still not quite on Fujin's level in that you'll still have to really precise about your damage, since it still leaves the absorb there. I'd imagine the CD would be fairly high, maybe 15 or so. But at least it can put an end to the "full activation + 12 skyfall on sopdet" horror stories

Or, if it seems too luxurious for a farmable option, then there can be some kind of damage enhance to make it harder to utilize, or reduce HP by X%, or even reduce movement time.

Just idea in my head after seeing the Fujin hunt the past two days

Shinigami Yuki, cjo, YamaKyu and 2 others like this.
  2. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    that's intersting. i'd like an active that disables killers for a turn, lol. 90% of my deaths on sopdet are because my Antares has godkiller so even non activation skyfalls screw me.

3. foxwaffles

foxwaffles Weak to pretty boys

PADherder:
    link
    That would be really cool actually. And if that's all it did, the cooldown could be really short, like just a 2 - 5 turn cooldown, and then you could put something on top of it too. And if the card had relevant awakenings/typing then it could have double use on top of that :wideyed:

4. Argly902

Argly902 DALTON

PADherder:
    link
    yeah, you're right. A short CD would make more sense, although making it too short might make it outclass Fujin in the hands of a skilled player, and GH wouldn't want that

It would be fundamentally different, but skyfall is the enemy on sopdet, and unless you've got killer awakenings across your team then there shouldn't be a massive difference if you know how to control your damage assuming no skyfall

foxwaffles likes this.
  5. cjo

cjo Well-Known Member

I like it. I bet GungHo will make us suffer a little longer to persuade people to chase Fujin, but I could see them introducing something like this in the future.

6. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

I actually thought about them doing a dkali board with this as a side effect. I mean dkali board plus anything makes them money so eventually they will. It seems really similar to uruka though but I don't think it would be a crazy long cd because it's not nearly as good as fujiin. If it was part of a dkalis active maybe it would be like a 10-12 turn cd? That sounds reasonable. It won't let you one shot sopdet but it will make the final kill shot a lot easier as long as you know what you are doing.

7. Joshsp1985

Joshsp1985 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Actually thought about this same thing a few days ago. It would be sweet when combined with a board change.

8. Argly902

Argly902 DALTON

PADherder:
    link
    A board change would be really nice. However, that kind of active will probably get tacked onto a new gala exclusive or GFE

A watered down version without any board change would be a perfect gimmick for a new rogue descend inheritable descend. (And making anyone who didn't roll fujin feel better basically)

nickjr likes this.