New and old...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by TyTy714, Aug 6, 2019.

1. TyTy714

TyTy714 New Member

User ID:
    TyTy714
    Hi I'm Ty
    Played this a couple years ago. Got in trouble for spending real money. I have since repented and spend nothing outside of the game (I'm 60 y.o).
    A change I like: the stacking of Evo materials so they don't crowd your inbox
    I rejoined around 7/4 and benefited from the 100 MS giveaway. It really boosted my restart. I have gone farther than ever but I know there will be challenges ahead.
    I have a couple ???
    I exchanged FF collab medals for assist weapons but I don't know how to use them. they seem different from the Evo weapons.
    As I progress through the EX technical dungeons (I have gotten up to the arena in Normal) I continue to collect dragons and monsters that don't seem very good. Does anyone keep these or are they just fodder for something else?
    It's getting tough as I'm out of Gods to evolve.
    Thanks for this forum
    Ty

2. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    Hi Ty,

Welcome back! To answer your questions:
    1) So the weapons people are chasing, sometimes known as equips, are special cards with the awoken assist awakening: http://puzzledragonx.com/en/awokenskill.asp?s=49. When these cards are added as assists using the in game monster enhancement menu, the card that receives these cards as assists gets access to both their active skills and the awakenings from the equip card. The cards you're acquired from the monster exchange are skill up mats, not equips. When you feed them to your final fantasy rolls, there is a chance they'll skill up. I wouldn't bother exchanging for those. You can either use py to skill them up your final fantasy cards, or just use the skill up dungeon (under the bonus tab) where you can skill up multiple cards simultaneously. When you select a skill up dungeon, like the final fantasy one, you'll see pictures of exactly the cards they skill up. All the enemies are designed to be beaten in a single shot, so the level of the card you're skilling up doesn't really matter.
    2) Anything that drops in a dungeon is ultimately replaceable, so feel free to sell them. I sell off just about anything that's not a stackable mat used for evolving or leveling cards. The things you shouldn't sell are any cards that come out of a machine that costs magic stones. These cards tend to be valuable and are costly to replace since magic stones are the game's premium currency that ultimately determines how good your teams will get.
    3) If by gods you mean god-typed cards, then you shouldn't just be evolving gods. Years ago, whether or not a card was god-typed was an effective shortcut for determining whether or not a card is good and worthy of investing exp, evo mats, etc. This hasn't been true for a long time. If you're having difficulty differentiating cards that are good from ones that aren't, feel free to post a picture of your box or list what you have. **Note if you do that, we only need to see the cards that came out of the machines that cost stones - Various collabs (final fantasy, monster hunter, etc.), seasonal rare egg machines (e.g. brides), godfests, etc. If you can't remember what came from where, you can sort your cards by monster points. When you do this, anything that came out of a machine that costs stones will be valued at 3,000 or more monster points (mp).

Hope this helps!

3. TyTy714

TyTy714 New Member

User ID:
    TyTy714
    Screenshot_20190807-101737_compress60.jpg Screenshot_20190807-101631_compress61.jpg Screenshot_20190807-101613_compress77.jpg
    Thanks. It helps a lot. I have attached 3 pictures. My 5000 MP Monsters and my favorite team that seems to work well so far. It hits 14x pretty easy without alit of orb movement. If y'all see anything else let me know. And if this post needs to move let me know where.
    Thanks

4. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    You're pretty early, so your options for really strong teams are limited at the moment. The biggest weakness of your current team is that your attack multiplier is low for more recent content. Your best bet would probably be to run Mega Awoken Ryune (http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=4812) or Mega Awoken Sylvie (http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=4813). They each give you 14x damage, 2x hp, and 2 extra seconds of matching time per lead (so 4 extra seconds, 4x hp, 196x damage for matched leads if you can find a friend) for making a row their attribute (water or wood). To get their full multiplier, you'll basically want a lot of subs that make water orbs (for Ryune) or wood orbs (for Sylvie).

Ryune: You'd be able to unbind with Nene's active, so something like Ryune/Nene/Tethys/Mut (from the mp store) would work fairly well. You'll have high enough hp to tank some hits when you're low on water orbs and hit really hard when you do have enough water orbs. You will struggle with healing though. The easiest way to get around that problem is with the enhanced heal orb awakening (http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/awokenskill.asp?s=29), which now lets you heal for a lot when you match 4 hearts. You don't have a healing stick like Mel with lots of heart OE awakenings, but if you're sitting on a lot of MP, you could potentially pick up Mut (http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=3339) from the mp shop. Note: Mut loses her heart OE awakening and becomes an equip if you evolve her, so you shouldn't do that. If you don't want to get Mut, you can use something like Sumire or Nut instead. Most of the mp cards aren't great these days, so it wouldn't be a huge loss to spend mp on her as long as you can also pick up Odin Dragon (http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=3264) too, since he clears all binds (amazing active) and has solid awakenings. With your current cards, either Ryune or Sylvie should allow you to clear much more difficult content with your current cards including some of the challenge dungeons (probably not c8-c10) and the first two arenas, which would allow you to get py to skill up more of your cards. You should also be able to clear some of the rogue dungeons (e.g. Zaerog infinity, Scarlet, etc.) at the highest difficulty if bring Famiel (any version except awoken) to take care of the Predras. Your other issues here would be the lack of void damage penetration awakenings (http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/awokenskill.asp?s=48) for dealing with enemies with damage voids, not having a Fujin active for dealing with Sopdet or Parvati's damage absorb in Arena 1 (You would have to be very careful with your damage if you run into them), and your lack of the follow-up-attack awakening (http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/awokenskill.asp?s=45) for easily dealing with resolve with a column of hearts.

Sylvie: While you can't buy a healing stick like Mut for Syvie, she does have access to Odin Dragon and your Bride Rushana is an amazing sub for her because she has the VDP and 7 combo awakening. Your team for Sylvie would ideally be something like: Sylvie/Rushana/Odin Dragon (from the mp store)/Ishida/Perseus. Getting Odin Dragon to his most useful evolution (the one I linked earlier) will be difficult at this point, but his active skill will make his bad awakenings early on worth dealing with.

Your other option is leading with Bride Rushana. You basically have to make crosses, meaning 5 orbs in the shape of a plus and you get 2.5x damage for each one that you match. When you make multiple crosses, you can hit absurdly hard. @YamaKyu is the resident cross lead expert, so he might be able to give you some quick pointers for leading with her if you're interested.

*If you have difficulty finding friends with Mega Ryune, let me know and I can add you as a friend and put mine up as my main lead on one of my accounts. I can't help you with Slyvie or Rushana because I've never rolled them. My Ryune would only show up some of the time because gungho likes to occasionally hide some of your friend leads, especially ones with very different ranks from yours.

TyTy714 and YamaKyu like this.
  5. YamaKyu

YamaKyu Karin Kanzuki was a mistake. And I love it ♥

User ID:
    349-296-255
    (just like Noc said, if you're willing to try crosses with Wedding Rushana (which is the best cross lead atm), I'm very willing to help you, just ping me here o/)

6. TyTy714

TyTy714 New Member

User ID:
    TyTy714
    Wow. So much information. This game is so much more I depth than I ever could have imagined.
    Thanks very much. I will begin to experiment with Rushana. YamaKyu I will reach out later on. I appreciate the help
    Another couple notes/questions: I have 8 MS. I just acquired Zeus through EX 2-1. That was a surprise! How many of these top level characters will come from dungeons? Or are stones the only way? The last three rolls in the REM were disappointing. Chester was the last one.

YamaKyu likes this.
  7. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    That's one of the nice things about the game. There are a lot of levels of complexity and there are increasingly difficult dungeons that rely on various combinations of them. You can delve into the more difficult content that requires a very developed box and a lot of familiarity with the game, or older dungeons that are a lot friendlier and more straightforward.

To answer your questions:
    1) Unfortunately, almost none of the good cards are from dungeons. There are some decent farmables (meaning cards that are found in dungeons), but the cards you have are already a lot better than most of them. Your box can (and will) still get a lot better in every way direction imaginable. There are some notable exceptions, like Eir (http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=4635), but they are few and far between and you need a fairly strong team in order to get beat those dungeons in the first place.
    2) Yes, using magic stones to roll the egg machines is the only reliable way to get good stuff. It's part of the way the game makes money. But, it's also a potential source of challenge and fun->You have to figure out how to make do with whatever you happen to have.
    3) The number one piece of advice for new players looking to improve quickly, is to avoid rolling outside of godfest. Generally godfests come in two flavors. One is the 10 stone super godfests. They're really expensive, but they have no cards like Chester. The worst you can do is older pantheons (Persephone, Perseus, Ishida, etc.). The cards in these frequently come out at level 99 and with the maximum number of plus eggs (+297) so they're basically ready to go. The alternative is regular 5 stone godfests, where you will occasionally get cards that you're likely never to use (like chester). The best rolls are similar in both kinds of godfests, but the probability changes drastically. No matter what you do, you'll occasionally get duplicates or things you don't want or need, you just have to persist because you'll eventually get something awesome. Godfests come around about twice a month so you don't have to wait very long. By the way, there is an upcoming godfest that's actually 7 stones, which is less than 10 stone super godfest and more than a 5 stone one. That would be a really good place to spend some stones. There are also other machines like collabs (e.g. final fantasy), seasonal machines (valentine's day, new years, halloween, beach), etc. Final Fantasy is actually available right now. These tend to have less long-term value than godfests, so new players are generally better off largely avoiding them with the exception of free rolls. Of course, the important thing is to enjoy the game. So if you do want to try one of these machines and see if you get lucky, go for it :)

8. TyTy714

TyTy714 New Member

User ID:
    TyTy714
    Thanks so much. They finally scored the REMDRA contest. I received 9 rainbow medals! I'm alittle angry that they don't stack. ☹️ But there is Odysseus available. And gems I don't think I need.

9. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    If you like giant boards and have some combo skills, Odysseus is a solid lead. He also has a solid equip. Otherwise, I would leave the rainbow medals in your mail as long as you can in case you find a good use for them and then buy the box space to store them once you do open your mail. Some really good cards have been offered in exchange for rainbow medals in the past. As for the gems, they're a shortcut for evolving awoken evolutions for various older cards. Whether or not you value that is up to you. I tend to keep those as well.