NEW FORUM CHANGES SUCK!

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by nocutename, Mar 15, 2015.

1. nocutename

nocutename 1,500 days

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I don't particular like change but am accustom to it and adapt as needed. I must voice my opinion here about this new forum change though. I used to love posting here and it was my last connection to this game. This new change has cemented my leaving the game.

How can the mods make a change this drastic without giving posters some time to fix post, etc. For me this forum is about history of the game which is no currently lost because too much is broken with the new changes. So much information is lost. We all like to format and make our post easy to read by using images and the monster tags. It is now all broken and that data is now useless.

The font and post are so large now that it would take forever to make changes that are appealing to the eye. Basically this new format feels like it is for post only and forget about history and data logging.

I guess my time is now really done. I started changing out my blog yesterday but decided why bother.

2. nocutename

nocutename 1,500 days

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    And to the Mods, thank you for respecting all the work I have put into this forum. This goes for the many others that have poured hours into team guides, etc.

Where is the NOTES data under a users personal control section? I had a bunch of stuff saved there. I don't see any place where that data was preserved.

3. unlimitedx

unlimitedx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    There should have been a beta test with a select group of users. It seems the mods were also taken by surprise by the sudden changes.

Go here to retrieve some of the old data:

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/mybb/

Marioman95 and joshuabaku like this.
  4. joshuabaku

joshuabaku Active Member

PADherder:
    link
    This is so sad, I love reading some of your posts they were great, I feel like you are definitely part of the forum. If anyone says otherwise then they havent been here long. It hurts to hear you are leaving, It was great having you here.

5. sunglassesmichael

sunglassesmichael Ruka button is OP

User ID:
    NA: 371,153,246
    PADherder:
    link
    LaceLaLace likes this.
  6. sunglassesmichael

sunglassesmichael Ruka button is OP

User ID:
    NA: 371,153,246
    PADherder:
    link
    She's on the list of Notable Members :D

7. pidimension

pidimension Yahallo!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    i'm not sure if I should say this but apparently this was on the mod subforum for a bit before it came online - tevvie didn't know about it cuz he didn't read the thread LOL. Not sure about the other mods.

ncn are you really leaving :( your blog was so fun to follow. I'm sure a lot of us will definitely miss you.

8. nads

nads #rage

User ID:
    I feel your pain, logging onto the new forum and seeing my blog all broken image-y'd upset me greatly (especially since I saw a post that said "oh, if your images are broken, ask a mod to fix it," which isn't a solution in my opinion because it was going to be done manually). I'm sure this hit you worse than me since your blog is one of the more nicely formatted and organized on the forums.

Ideally, if things like tags being broken were a known issue, I would have loved a tool/script to convert the broken tags into an acceptable format and have it done during the forum transfer.

My table tags are still broken, but the images magically came back. Not sure what happened, but I am not sure if anything else broke. Maybe I'll go see if it did, ugh...

9. eltoshen

eltoshen moobs and bussy

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    yeah all my image links are broken now l0l

10. Flandre

Flandre Scarlet Devil Staff Member

I also had no idea this was happening - not to throw him under the bus or anything but Neo kind of sprang this on all of us without much of a heads up lol. Apparently there was a thread in the mod lounge about it but I'm sure I'm not the only mod who doesn't check there very frequently because it's located at the bottom of the sub forum list.

Anyways sorry to hear that you're leaving, I can sort of understand why since I'm not a huge fan of the new changes either but hopefully I'll adjust soon enough.

11. nocutename

nocutename 1,500 days

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks for the kind words everyone. Someone PM'd me with the link to the old data. So I was able to grab some descend clear team info.

12. ShadowDragon

ShadowDragon Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    There is also the subtle thing about using Google Search for index forum postings and threads (I found this to be hugely convenient at times vs the previous forum's wacky and limited search functionality ):

Google indexed searches for forum postings and threads vs what got moved/ported here...is broken.

This hopefully will fix itself over time as Google-bot crawls this forum again.....probably maybe?

13. Derpinator

Derpinator The Derpiest

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I totally respect your opinion and a heads-up would've definitely been nice but I'm just curious as to what history was lost? The tables are basically back to normal, you just have to fix the opening tag and if you had stuff on different lines within a cell, the images are also just an opening tag fix and the links are all fixed iirc. Neo is still working on fixes, so maybe stick around to see what else gets changed? Regardless, don't leave, you are definitely a notable part of the forum and make boss posts. :(

14. tevvie

tevvie Lives in the arena Staff Member

User ID:
    336 338 295
    sure it is annoying to re code all the blogs/team guides but the update to the forums offers us a lot more options now, like using @___ to tag and notify other users in posts for example.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
    Derpinator likes this.
  15. IronH

IronH Paralysis by Analysis

We got notification about the upcoming update but not a lot of details were explained. We didn't get a chance to beta test it. Personally I feel very bad about this but everyone is struggling to cope with the change. To Neo's defense he manages multiple websites which seems a rather daunting task for one person (or could be a very small team). At this point the only thing I can say is sorry for the confusion. We will see what we can do to make the transition smoother.

Marioman95 likes this.
  16. Chu

Chu EN: 307033321 JP: 374888212

All you really need to do is just so some Ctrl+f and some replacements

17. Derpinator

Derpinator The Derpiest

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Find+replace in Word works too for images...

18. eltoshen

eltoshen moobs and bussy

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    copy to notepad

control h -> replace all

19. Chu

Chu EN: 307033321 JP: 374888212

Well, I'm just assuming that you guys are all using images by using the
    Code:
     [img] imgur.com/whatever.jpg [/img] 

20. Derpinator

Derpinator The Derpiest

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Wait, something changed with those images too?