New Kaede Impressions

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by Noobzilla, May 16, 2018.

1. Noobzilla

Noobzilla noobest of the noobs

User ID:
    Hits really hard at 625x, but I have problem with consistency and not always clearing enough orbs. I'm tempted to make a haste team with dual Rushana so I double move time every turn xD

Kaede|Rushana|Meimei|OdinDra|Shazel is my current team.

How's your experience with the new Kaede and team?

Edit: Added my team

2. KryonX

KryonX Active Member

User ID:
    I just threw together a team to try him out. Mei mei, Sylvie, gronia, romia

The fingers on Romia are nice. Had like 12.24 seconds I believe.
    This team didn't have any utility but just to try it out. Not sure how I want to build it. I have a decent green box so I have some options. I have a dupe but it doesn't look like another Kaede would be needed.

There is something satisfying about the x625 popping onto the middle of the board at times end.

3. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I used Kaede for farming gold keepers yesterday and that no skyfall clause is wonderful.

I also took a test high-end farming team with an Indigo assist in to Endless yesterday for testing. The results were promising:

[​IMG]

Not sure if I'd enjoy playing a "x or fewer orbs left on board" leads, but she's fantastic when it comes to farming.

4. Kami1337

Kami1337 Member

User ID:
    I have 3 Kaede and use them all. I think she makes a good sub for herself. Brings Finger, unbindable and pongs. The active is low cd so other actives can be inherited. I have about 10sec Movetime and sometimes its challeging to pop full LS. But after playing Amen for some time its actually not that hard.

Tempted to Devo BCotton and make a GCotton but its so much work and I'm lazy. Also Momiji is happy to have a slot outside the box :p

5. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    No Kaede here so no impression at all :(

6. 20matar

20matar main:ghost@PF alt:firefly@PF

User ID:
    20matar
    I like it. New swipe leader.
    For some fun, I also played Kaede/Osiris/Ragdra/OdinDra/Verdandi/Kaede
    Osiris is key, 4 turns & with the team hastes is useful.
    If not a serious dungeon & don't need board change or Clear bind, I just replaced the Dragons for more 2 Kaedes

7. Rofl_Waffles

Rofl_Waffles Well-Known Member

First impressions. Wow 625x. Aizen level multiplier is back but now super easy and minimum damage is 100x and not 36x. Plus you get damage reduction.

Then i realized 625x is not a whole lot. I have been spoiled by 7c and Yusuke with his double 7c awakening can almost match Kaede activation. Definitely if Kaede doesnt TPA. Ed has similar potential. Plus the light leads can use Ideal who hits like a truck.

Kaede really sucks if you cant activate for full 625x. She might be okay if you activate for 100x + TPA. But with only 3 green orbs, each Kaede only does 1m damage. That might not even kill trash.

Theres two ways to play her.
    1. Use high damage subs like Chronos, Ney, and Zela. Hell you might even want to use Ideal even though shes light. You just want to kill stuff without activation and not have to use a skill. When you do activate with TPA, Kaede herself can hit for 40m+ and double 7c subs can hit for close to 100m.

2. Haste all the way. If you have like multiple Kaede and Meimei, you can activate something every single turn and go ballistic. Only downside is you would have to make some tradeoffs. You might not have 2x fujin actives, bind clear, FUA, and VDP all at the same tjme.

One thing is for sure. If you have like 3 Kaedes, you can activate one every single turn and have Fujin up twice as fast for those short dungeons.

Vaedriel and samuelburtt like this.
  8. Zaurora

Zaurora Momiji Best Girl

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    She's really great. I've been running her in the 3p Yusuke Dungeon, and she pretty much sweeps every floor...with Shazel at least. I didn't exactly see the damage since there aren't any comas, but I'm guessing it's a lot. I plan on running a Kaede dream team with 3 Revo Meimeis and Rushana or something else with Fua.

9. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

She actually can handle all the damage absorb in A3. At least in theory. 6.25x works for sopdet just be careful with 7c. 100x works for Vishnu. Just have to make it a 6 combo. Same for Heradra. I mean I know it's not that simple but it's not an instant death if you don't have Fujiin. Just pretty likely?
    I love her for Alb farming. Fuck skyfall wasting my time. Also yeahs she can get stupid damage off a Gronia board

10. philsov

philsov has sufficient privileges to post here

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Pending subs, yeah. Right now I'm rocking Chronus / Odindra / Verd / Sub Fujin. Damage at 3 orbs and 7c (100x) was 1m out of each Kaede but the team damage was about 16m which should clear most trash. Also this is a build rich in utility with a bind clearer, FUA, and void absorb.

I've tried a TPA rich team with low CDs (Osiris / Vishnu) but they tended to be less damage and less likely to hit 7c (although that may just be me, somewhat out of practice with TPA and fullboard solves), and the constant orb changes meant less utility options.

On a good solve Chronus is able to clock in at 100m+ by himself, but by going combo rich Kaede is more of a cheerleader (16m) instead of battlecharger.

11. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    My Alt has one and at the moment I am playing her like a combo lead. She is fun. I got 14 TE on the team so I have plenty of time to just leave <6 orbs, though it requires a bit of planning/maneuvering sometimes. I hadn't thought about playing her like a swipe team. I don't know why my brain didn't go there. May try that out this weekend.

12. Avelarius

Avelarius Symmetric Synergy a subsidiary of Massive Dynamics

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The impression I had was that I could clear Ultimate endless 5x4 provided I had enough fast changers. Then again I am not sure about combo shield bosses in that dungeon.

13. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If you have a plus two combo active it should allow you to at least 6 combo which is the highest combo shield in endless. You probably won't even need that many orb changers since 100x should be enough for 90% of the floors.

14. Avelarius

Avelarius Symmetric Synergy a subsidiary of Massive Dynamics

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Problem is in a 5x4 board you get unmatched orbs (2 or 1) a lot or 4 and 5 orbs of he same type so you need a fix to be able to clear. The plus two combo is a nice idea. Thanks!