New Series Braves/Weapons 2 - Speculation

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by AMDZen, Feb 23, 2017.

1. AMDZen

AMDZen ZeN@PF ¥ Baby ZuOh

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    This seems to have been lost in all that was new in the latest stream. I am quite interested in these because I've always thought the original series was more interesting then most. They just never found great homes for the most part. With the coming of Grimmjow, Masamune found his true calling - but I have found uses for these on other coop teams in the past. The very low CD of 3 turns means you inherit anything and just make them a coop stat stick of your choosing.

Since so many people probably ignore these guys, and many others choosing to forget. These were the original "Brave Warrior / Weapons"

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

And the new ones so far - all we have is the artwork.

Claíomh Solais
    [​IMG]

Arondight
    [​IMG]

Caladbolg
    [​IMG]

Gan Jiang and Mo Ye
    [​IMG]

Misteltein (Mistilteinn/Mystletainn)
    [​IMG]

Will these guys be similar to the original series? Or do you think they will go a completely new direction? To me this opens up huge new possibilities since the original series was so much different. They didn't exactly work out, except as I already pointed out - but I think this could be a pantheon that tries again to add something new to the game. Some additional mechanic perhaps.

Lets Speculate!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  2. らぶたん

らぶたん 元AKB48

YamaP said about them that they were going to be strong when he revealed their art. not that that's saying much since he wouldn't exactly say that a new release is trash, but kinda interesting.

foxwaffles and AMDZen like this.
  3. Argly902

Argly902 DALTON

PADherder:
    link
    A ploy to make us spend more stones outside of godfest probably

4. AMDZen

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Cool. Yea it isn't saying much I suppose, coming from YamaP. But I wasn't aware he said that so definitely intrigues me even more. I already love the artwork on a couple of these - especially Claíomh Solais and Gan Jiang and Mo Ye

5. foxwaffles

foxwaffles Weak to pretty boys

PADherder:
    link
    I don't think they were classified as a pantheon per se in that they will have rates up during godfests :eek: I think theyre more in line with like Markab/Alfecca/Weapons 1 series etc...

I hope they're at least niche useful so that they don't get insta-sold when I pull one lol

6. bibi

bibi TEXAS LONGHORNS

User ID:
    392-495-249
    PADherder:
    link
    My guess is they may be like Aizen, but not quite. Aizen's leader skill is partly based on the weapon series but instead of Zweihander's combo clause, he has a dark cross clause. My guess is the rest of the weapon series will receive the same buff as Zweihander (stats and leaderskill buff).

This coming series may also have a sub-attribute focus with another clause tacked on. My guess is match 2 combos of "red" for 2x damage or something. It would be nice if they also had a color change active along with an orb change- single color would be fine.

Zaku and Squeegee like this.
  7. Snarf

Snarf PAD Bosses Derezzed | Boromir 332,879,306

User ID:
    I like the unusual active and low cd of the Brave 1 series, but they were forgotten and never received an evolution, so my investment and interest in the ones I have faded. I don't really do any coop where I'd use one, so the multiboost is pretty irrelevant.

I expect the Brave 2 series to be similarly themed -- unusual actives, meant to be subs. It would be nice if GH would actually work on evolutions for cards/series that exist already rather than just create more cards that make you say, "Huh," when they roll out of the REM.

8. AMDZen

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    True, changed thread title

foxwaffles likes this.
  9. Dremaza

Dremaza Whale Like I Do

User ID:
    Solais so cute.

I'm still butthurt about the first ones being so useless. I've tried and tried to come up with a way and reason to use them, but it never pans out.

AMDZen likes this.
  10. Haku-ku-ku

Haku-ku-ku Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'LL repeat my wish for the original series: their active lets you count combos of color A as color B. At least two use cases:

1. Color coverage while still using orb changers, or dealing with trolling.
    2. Over the top damage on bicolor boards, e.g. a perfect 15-15 10 combo split would mean that card attacks 10 times, not 5.

El Purgator likes this.
  11. bibi

bibi TEXAS LONGHORNS

User ID:
    392-495-249
    PADherder:
    link
    So weapon series 2 details have been given.

Most are 100x leads though the green one gets up to 400x. 1.5x HP is largely a perk for whatever subs you can get for the main-attribute. Actives are powerful with double orb change focused around the sub-att and making hearts, and of course changing the card's attribute.

~800 weighted stats is acceptable though the awakenings are kind of weak but still comparable to Aizen without the TEs. Multiplayer boost is nice.

It's funny light teams just got 3 more leader options in the different RGB colors.

Overall, pretty happy. I wish I had more light options to tinker with some of these cards.

12. AMDZen

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    For posterity I will put the info all here copy pasta

Pretty easy 100x leader skills. Not to mention they aren't glass cannons either as long as you can make the right team with both colors

All base 6*

Claimh Solais (https://twitter.com/pad_sexy/status/837146646605520896)

• AS: Water to Light, Dark to Hearts, change own Attribute to Light for 2 turns
    • LS: Light Att. ATK x5, Fire Att. HP x1.5, ATK x1.5 for 2 Light Combos, ATK x2 for 3 Light Combos
    Arondight (https://twitter.com/pad_sexy/status/837146825064763392)

• AS: Fire to Light, Dark to Hearts, change own Attribute to Light for 2 turns
    • LS: Light Att. ATK x5, Water Att. HP x1.5, ATK x2 when matching 6 or more connected Light orbs
    Caladbolg (https://twitter.com/pad_sexy/status/837146941880328192)

• AS: Water to Light, Fire to Hearts, change own Attribute to Light for 2 turns
    • LS: Light Att. ATK x5, Wood Att. HP x1.5, ATK x2 when matching a cross of Lights
    Kanshou & Bakuya (https://twitter.com/pad_sexy/status/837147071920537600)

• AS: Water to Dark, Wood to Hearts, change own Attribute to Dark for 2 turns
    • LS: Dark Att. ATK x5, Light Att. HP x1.5, ATK x2 when matching 6 or more connected Dark orbs
    Mistletain (https://twitter.com/pad_sexy/status/837147205509095424)

• AS: Fire to Wood, Light to Hearts, change own Attribute to Wood for 2 turns
    • LS: Wood Att. ATK x5, Dark Att. HP x1.5, ATK x1.5 for 2 Wood Combos, ATK x2 for 3 Wood Combos

13. Argly902

Argly902 DALTON

PADherder:
    link
    That's pretty good. Better than old weapons series for sure (Although Masamune has his uses)

14. Fizzydrink

Fizzydrink My drinks are overly carbonated

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    (copied from my post in the News thread)

Solais seems to me to be the best as a leader, SOOOO many super powerful subs to choose from. Ilm, Ilmina, Saria, Ariel, Superman, NY Leilan....

Arondight has no good subs aside from ADQXQ. Pretty sad.

Caladbolg has like...Momji and LValk. Disappointing.

Gan Jiang and Mo Ye have Eschamali. That's enough right there. They're going to be sick for those lucky few. Also leader Akechi, DKanna, Satsuki (although it's a row team), Sheena, and DApocalyse for those in JP. Great potential.

Misteltein has some nuts subs. THREE Revos are G/D: Ceres, Susanoo, and Astaroth. The first two are more situational, but Astaroth is great on the team. Romia is also a fantastic sub, as is Spica, Ruel, GSonia, even Cauchemar.

3/5 are great. Green and blue have nothing, but the others all have good promise.

15. Grokitach

Grokitach Godfather of the French PAD community @jvc

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Solais / U.Evo Ilmina everywhere in a few weeks on the JP server. You got tankyness, damage control, spike damages and 7x6 board to wreck combo shields... Whales will put like 2 L.Escha and 2 NY Kanna and there you go. Not to mention the x1.5 HP on the 8000 HP of Ilmina... That's insane.

16. Flandre

Flandre Scarlet Devil Staff Member

red one is busted

rip u13 they never scored

17. DeusExLuka

DeusExLuka New Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    What would be really dandy is to release these alongside some evos for the original braves series...