New user, need advice.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by J4R3D, Dec 17, 2014.

1. J4R3D

J4R3D New Member

Hello, my name is Jared. Unfortunatly someone already had the name so I'm stuck with this. Not too bad looking though. At least the case stays caps instead of going to lowercase or it would look pretty terrible. I'm 22. I'm from Michigan. Davison to be exact but I grew up in the country in a town called Millington. I own a mobile autobody business and I do alright for myself, my soon to be wife and my daughter. I enjoy cars, music, art and computers. Enough about me, I'm actually here for a little advice.

I downloaded PAD yesterday and I have a pretty good underatanding of the gameplay due to my recently broke addiction with Brave Frontier, lol. Im about 6 months sober from that and Im itching for a new game to play. Anyways, I started re-rolling due to the fact I knew a 3 star monster was a bad pull. I've rolled a couple really nice looking monsters but Im not sure what to stick with. I picked Tyrra as my starter purely do to the fact I think he looks the best and most original out of the 3 final forms.

So far I've rolled a Drawn Joker which I think looked amazing. Two Melon dragons, a Sarutobi Sasuke, a Gryps Rider and a couple other monsters that just werent going to cut it. Finally I rolled a God. I rolled a Lvl 30 Kushindahime. I don't know much about the units of the game so I don't know whether to stop there or keep going. I would wait until the next Godfest but I have no idea how often those occur. And I really just want to start playing.

Anyways, any information will help. I appreciate you guys reading what's most likely the longest introduction on this forum. I assure you any more posts will be very short and to the point.

Thank you in advance.

2. PTJ

PTJ Minority with the mindset of a white person.

Well at least you learned a lot from Brave Frontier. Leaves less for me to explain :p

Kushinada's multiplier is a bit odd. It's pretty easy to calculate: it's whatever number of combos you get divided by 2 (unless of course it ends up 1x or less.) However, while this allows her the potential for a 10x mult, you'll need 20 combos for that. Keep in mind you can only get a max of 10 combos without skydrops since the board only has 30 orbs. With 10 combos you'll only get a 5x multiplier (which can be found in multiple monsters with far easier conditions.)

Kushi is still considered a good starter though, at least for beginners who need to learn how to combo. However, she's pretty impractical in the long run unless used as a sub for her excellent skill. You don't really need to reroll with her, but it can't hurt to do so.

Feel free to ask for more help if you need it. Many guides tend to go a long time without being updated and so you shouldn't really try to read them. Do try to use puzzledragonx.com for dungeon/monster info however. Personally I consider it the best PaD source out there, and I can definitively say a majority of the community uses it.

3. J4R3D

J4R3D New Member

Thank you for the input ! I was going to say the other guides seemed a bit outdated but I wouldn't really know anyways, due to my lack of knowledge of the game. I think Im going to roll for a better unit. Do you have any suggestions on what to aim for ? No point in rolling unless I have some idea of what Im looking for. And I use PuzzleDragonx to see the comments players left and to look at stats and evolutions, Thats what Ive been basing my pulls off of. Again, I appreciate the input. Looking forward to your reply.

4. J4R3D

J4R3D New Member

Rolled Fuma Kotaro. Seems as if he's a situational unit. Ill be editing this post to add all my rolls.

-Fuma
    -Golem MK.II
    -Fire Wizard Laila
    -Mandrake
    -Berserker Z
    -Thumbelina

5. Grizztof

Grizztof Shirley, you can't be serious.

Kushi can take you through the endgame. Even if you roll something "better", the comboing skills Kushi forces you to learn are irreplaceable.

6. J4R3D

J4R3D New Member

Thank you for the input. Unfortunatly I no longer have her.

7. PTJ

Ooh... that's a pity. She outclasses all these other rolls you got. Godfest was a bit recent so you won't be able to have one to help for at least a week. You can still reroll, although for the sake of preventing you from getting bored of the game I recommend ceasing that for now. Just hang on to whatever you have until the next godfest (which should be either at the end of this month or the first of the next month.)

8. Inagaki

Inagaki What are you, TAMA ?

PADherder:
    link
    What have you done with your Kushi' ? Ô_O Don't tell me she have been transformed into food o___o''

9. PTJ

Even if she was, don't give him a hard time about it.

When I first started, my third roll was Loki, who was at that time (early-mid 2013) still a very solid lead. Oh, and I sold him.

That profile is long gone, but that one move I made leaves me slightly more understanding of beginners who throw away good monsters.

10. J4R3D

J4R3D New Member

Lol, yeah she's gone.
    Rolled a couple more times today will start adding new rolls in this post now.

-Mystic Ice Knight ?
    -Great Valkyrie
    -Sylph
    -Ice Guardian
    -Forgot
    -Phoenix Knight Homura
    -Dragon Knight
    -Thumbelina
    -Fenrir
    You guya probably think Im nuts rolling thia many times outside of a Godfest.
    Kind of like it, lol.

11. lucygp

lucygp New Member

I use PuzzleDragonx to see the comments players left

12. McMatty

McMatty New Member

13. Supp

Supp Extreme Topaz Slime, Shynee

The chinese gods are good but power creep has made them less viable for new descends (except kirin). Honestly what he needs is probably something with at least 4x multiplier.

I would say something like DQXQ, Isis, Horus, Bastet. The Kirins (regular and holy night), Kalis, Durga, UmiYama is great, but "using" them is not trivial and hard for a beginner.

14. domon

domon Well-Known Member

I'd start rolling the christmas REM instead of the main one and look for any of the Chinese gods or the gold egg chibis (especially santa kirin)

My starter was Chiyome, not a good leader early on and her ult evo makes her a nice sub but nothing more. I've been playing for 30 days and collected enough stones without IAP'ing to roll plenty of times at the last godfest and have now ended up with Red Odin, Kushi, Hermes, and FA luci. All ok leads. Kushi (you had her before) is a great early stage lead, but don't suffer too much for passing on her. Her damage spike can be hard to get unless you're good at comboing and while she teaches good skill, she's like training wheels also in that you can get a 1.5x multiplier with only 3 combos

15. Agua

Agua Member

I think it'd be a good idea to go with Christmas as well. It takes alittle longer per re-roll, but if you end up with any of the Chinese gods (Non Chibi) or santa kirin you'll be good to go. There might be a "Power Creep" for the chinese gods, but there are many videos of people beating a good number of descends with them. It won't be hard to find friends with them either.

16. PTJ

Oh hello "pro-Chinese god" users. Would you like me to voice my thoughts on them? :)

I'm kidding. I won't deny that they are still very useful, but of course even Kirin has fallen behind even U&Y in terms of overall utility. Although U&Y lacks that toolkit of resist skills, he boasts tremendous power due to double prong AND has access to dark types rather than fire. Excluding Echidna, most fire type subs are completely inferior to dark, at least for these "traditional" spike leads.

Just my personal thoughts. I would prefer it if this didn't turn into a full blown argument so I kept things simple.

17. J4R3D

J4R3D New Member

-Dryad
    -Ice Dragon Knight

18. PTJ

As a rule of thumb you shouldn't really stick with it unless it's either god type or devil type. Hope that helps.

19. theresavfields

theresavfields New Member

User ID:
    theresavfields
    It is the best for that you have a mobile. Iphone is a good communication device for everyone and We can make life easy from this. We can manage time with mobile apps. If you need new music, movies amd Videos then Install Itunes In your phone. You can manage all media files or make a library. Check more apple support for Intertainment