New Year Challenge! [1]

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by sgt502, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Arranging

Arranging Searching for the finest silk and Cotton!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Dying repeatedly from trying to get him for my RagDra has helped me familiarize myself with his moveset xD

2. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Died on the first run because I didn't realize Ninegaruda had resolve. The second attempt, I gambled on RNG to save me on Ninegaruda from using Sherias Roots' active and it gave me 6 hearts for an FUA. I used OdinDra^DiaoChan to unlock orbs and popped Sherias Roots for a board. I unfortunately had to use Momiji and my other Sherias Roots to stall long enough on Courage for my delay to come up. Over all, under the assumption you have the utility monsters, this dungeon isn't terribly difficult but if you don't, then it's going to be a problem. For those curious, I used L/D Sherias Roots^SUVO Ichigo, OdinDra^DiaoChan, Kushinada^Orochi, Momoji, Zinogre, L/D Sherias Roots.

3. tanpopo

tanpopo adventure!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Fake resolve strikes again!
    IMG_20180215_192850.jpg
    I just stoned it though, not gonna give up an easy finish like that.

Freddyfudrucker, Arranging and sgt502 like this.
  4. Snarf

Snarf PAD Bosses Derezzed | Boromir 332,879,306

User ID:
    That's a pretty big fake resolve. I knocked him to the same point on the first FUA hit.

5. MagicMatcher

MagicMatcher Sacred Life Cow <3

PADherder:
    link
    Another Rikuu user reporting in. Paired up with Uruka though because I was too lazy to figure out damage control.

Arranging and sgt502 like this.
  6. Marr

Marr Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Anublos, planned run:

Anubis (Nohime inherit) / Tachibana (Raijin inherit + machine killers and sdr) / Zinogre / Tardis (Rathian weapon inherit) / Glavenus (Nergigante inherit) / Diablos (machine killers and sdr)

Charged up all my skills stalling out floor 1 and the sub bind on floor 2, then stomped the rest of the dungeon using Zinogre on the absorb shield and with the Nohime inherit as insurance against Nobunaga in case he gets his poison off. Tardis cancels all time debuffs. Ninegaruda dies horribly in a ball of boom to: Raijin -> Nergigante -> Diablos -> Tardis... a bunch of combos... aaaaand dead. Diablos isn't even necessary, I just wanted to grind his bones into rat crap out of spite.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  7. Fridgeboy

Fridgeboy Well-Known Member

Sorry my bad guys. I went in blind with Rikuu (before reading this thread) and I died on the 10 turn absorb guy as I got trolled with too much fire and jammers and couldn't shield/heal one turn. I went and then checked out pad guide and read it wrong for ninegaruda.
    I've just started using pad guide a week or 2 ago and it looked as if everything in green is preemptive and I saw 102k so I figured he hit for 102k as soon as you entered. I was confused as to how people were living while saying they were going in blind and just somehow knowing to throw a shield up before the boss who they shouldn't have known had a 102k preemptive (which I know now he doesn't hit preemptively). I hope I explained that right, either way it was my bad lol. Damn you pad guide!

I cleared it no problem with dath. Even put up a shield before the boss and that's when I realized he hits for 102k on his first turn, not his preemptive lol. One shotted him easily.

I usually go in with Time delay, orb unlock and FUA. FUA for sure and if I don't have an FUA then I have a 75% shield. In my experience it's better to have FUA, time delay and orb unlock rather than a shield, if I die, bring a shield next time lol.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    philsov, sgt502 and Arranging like this.
  8. yamo

yamo Well-Known Member

Ended up beating this after around 4 tries with dark ideal. Helped to have pixel cecil for the boss (orb unlock + light/dark/hearts for FUA)

9. FoxtrotFool

FoxtrotFool Well-Known Member

Planned run...
    Tardis!Diochen
    Verdandi for FUA
    Oichi!Ishida
    Zingore
    Lyse!fenrir
    Diablo friend

Damage is not really the issue. Combo to 10 usually kills... Died many times for missing my combos...

Stall on room 1 and 2 for Zingore for a few turns, Fenrir on Hera, verdandi on marionette Zingore on the absorb. Save Diochen for boss. I actually stalled a couple of turn on room 12 because I missed my combo when using Diablo I activate Tardis... Had to wait for Verdandi to come back. Tardis and Ishida for room 12, Diochen and Verdandi for boss

10. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Used same team for 2 today, used nohime for another board change instead of DC. These things have troll mechanics but everything has laughable low hp.

11. Arranging

Arranging Searching for the finest silk and Cotton!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Went in with Rikuu, and cleared it pretty easily. Artemis scared me half to death, but apparently her pre emptive is lower than it was in the ZeusDra Descend. The New Years roll net me my 3rd Tengu... :c

Edit: I can't spell :p

sgt502 likes this.
  12. Snarf

Snarf PAD Bosses Derezzed | Boromir 332,879,306

User ID:
    NY 2: Eye roll death to Another Justice. Somehow a heart in my FUA line got moved out of place. This one looks pretty easy. Bring FUA and board change. Waiting for stamina to fill.