New Years, Valentines, Justice League...

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by ko300zx, Feb 12, 2019.

1. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Figured I'd make one collective thread and since I got lucky with a few rolls, I'll be THAT guy who makes the post and humble brags while I'm at it. It's obligatory.

So, anyone bothering to roll? After fate I'm sure people are spent but as a grown ass man, I like the cute REMs like Xmas, Halloween, Valentines, etc so I always get suckered into a few rolls.

Got a dupe NY Kami, who was my only featured roll during that SGF that had some seasonals.

Also got a Valentines Sonia which is pretty neat, I think. Nice alternative to Baldin for A5 I suppose. Good killers for Cthuga. Also, got my first Facet after 1200 days so there's that.

Justice League...meh does nothing for me. Aquaman looks good but not worth rolling for.

2. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    New Years-
    Main: Jeanne d'Arc, Kami
    Alt: Jeanne d'Arc, Ame no Uzume

Valentine's-
    Main: Leilan, Haku
    Alt: Facet, Sheen

Justice League-
    Main: Aquaman (5 star)
    Alt: Aquaman (5 star)

Did a lot people roll fate? I largely avoided it because I couldn't justify the rates given the quality of the golds. I only took my free and $1 rolls. I was hoping for New Years Yomi and Carat, but no luck there. I'm pretty stoked about my alt's Ame (nice alternative to OdinDra and button) and jewel princesses (only had 1 Cameo across both accounts up until now), and a little ambivalent about my main's Kami. I'm not fond of rows on Kami's leader skill and SFua is kind of awkward. It's doubly frustrating since I already have dark Kami on both accounts, and I don't have an especially good lead to pair with fire Kami since my only other good light/fire lead is Rin, who also happens to be on my main. Oh well :p

ko300zx likes this.
  3. ko300zx

User ID:
    Yeah Kami is one of the worst 8 stars to date, if not thee worst. Regular Kami was good for like a few months and the meta changed so much that even her buffs were crap. Yog only hangs around for farming/ranking. I've ranted about this plenty of times, but both Kami and NY Kami needed to be taken down a different path than Yog, but they kept things the same. NY Kami is a collectors item or trade fodder for 10 star exchanges.

Noc likes this.
  4. bp1976

bp1976 Pittsburgh, PA Born and Raised

User ID:
    I rolled/traded a decent bit in Justice League, mainly because I have a bunch of extra Reeche and Zelas which I am going to make into equips, and I want to play the new Aquaman and Wonder Woman cards, both of which seem to be made for the witch equips. (I also knew I would need two of each since no one will run them).

A couple of funny things that happened:

I wanted a facet, as I dont have one yet, so I rolled Valentines a few times, got facet on like the third roll. WIN.

I accidentally rolled NY once meaning to roll Justice League. Got a dupe NY Kanna LOL, will save it for trade fodder. Monster Hunter should be back this September when they release Iceborne.

Also accidentally rolled once on Valentines and got Sonia. (After I had already traded for her).

For those that know me that are surprised that I didn't have a Facet, I am now playing my alt account as my main account, as my main account is now being played by someone else. My BFs have probably noticed the name change on it. Dont worry it is in good hands and will be maintained :)

ko300zx likes this.
  5. ko300zx

User ID:
    A lot of happy accidents there :D So many REMs at once right now, gotta actually read them. Not something we've ever had to really worry about.

6. bookwyrm

bookwyrm Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Got Batgirl & Batwoman as my free Justice League roll. Against my best judgement I decided to roll a couple times on the off chance that I got a six-star, with my most wanted being Wonder Woman & Aquaman (wanted the Aquaman uevo for my Scheat team)

Roll 1: Flash
    Roll 2: Wonder Woman & Aquaman

...Welp, I just used up my luck for the rest of the year.

Ele, Murdurus and ko300zx like this.
  7. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    3 JL rolls got me Armored Batman, Supergirl, and a 5*. Very tempted to trade for Wonder Woman & Aquaman. Is it worth it? How do they compare to other top leads right now? I don't have anything from FSN unfortunately, but I do have a lot of other top-tier leads.

8. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Did 8 rolls on JL
    Batman
    Superman
    Supergirl
    Supergirl
    AquaWonder.
    Got good luck. Still don't get the point of Supergirl.
    I wanted Batman so bad 3 years ago. Bittersweet

9. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

I think having a Reeche equip is a big factor to his viability as a lead. Also VDP on him might not be bad as you can just make the VDP and 1-2 tpas will make that damage huge. Idk though. For solo you can just use unbindable lead badge and pair with someone who has the right equip.

10. ko300zx

User ID:
    They are lagging a little behind when it comes to current top leads, but they can certainly get by. Definitely don't think they are trade worthy unless you just happen to really like them. Can give you some vids if you want to get an idea of how they play.

11. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The only problem with these collab monsters who aren't outstanding/exceptional is that sure, they're fun and capable but finding friends who are willing to stick with playing them is going to be difficult. I'm half-tempted to chase AquaWonder myself but seeing as how they're aren't going to be played that often and even just looking at my friend's list, it's going to be difficult to find people who are willing to stick with them. I guess you could use the new helper system and run it with your second AquaWonder :rolleyes:

As far as my rolls go, since I only used the free/bundle ones, I just got 5* junk. I don't feel like anything so far is worthy of me throwing my stones at it, the 'chase' monsters certainly aren't terrible, I just don't think it's worth 50+ stones for one.

12. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    My alt rolled them on like roll 2, so that's part of why I'm interested. But if they're nothing special I'll pass. Probably gonna pick up VSonia for A5 swipe memes.

13. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I can't say with certainty that they're nothing special but if you ask me, I don't think they're special enough. But then again, I don't generally follow tier lists and whatnot, so someone more experienced can probably tell you if they're worth it or not.

Trap likes this.
  14. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    6 rolls total across all three, Got a second Carat and that's it but that's fine with me, Carat is nice.

15. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    125 stones... rolling some on Justice League just to get all the golds, ended up with Superman (Comic) and Superman & Flash (Movie) but no Aquaman (Comics) and no Wonder Woman (Comics). 8 pulls total

Rolling the rest of my stones for a chance at getting Valentine Carat... Did not get any but ended up with Valentine Sonia and two Valentine Venus... the Gacha Gods has weird sense of humor. I'd trade Valentine Sonia and both Venus for a Carat. 17 pulls total. Some Sheen and Facet, bunch of Meimei and Haku.

My other accounts did the same thing, fortunately able to get one Carat and a dupe Valentine Ney <- 13 pulls. Got Superman (Comics) and Knightmare Batman (Film) as a diamond eggs in Justice League, lots of Green Arrow lol <- 12 puls

16. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Very first roll on Valentine Collab: Carat!!!! My very first one!!!! Woot!!!!
    Rolled a second time: Leilan (second)
    Then the freeroll: Haku (new!)

--

Free roll: Flash (second)

I'm tempted to roll more, but at the same time, I dunno what I would be rolling for :) So for now, I'm done.

xer 21 and Tek7 like this.
  17. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    All these seasonal and collab REMs and I keep finding myself thinking, "Man, I wish NA would get Yokai World collab."

Because those 7* and 8* "flavor of the month" chase cards are great for the whales (I guess), but the only seasonal or collab REMs where I've rolled hard were Kenshin (for Kaoru for my Dios swipe teams) and VDay (for Carat and Facet).

Fun fact: I pulled my third Facet (second VFacet; rolled a regular Facet from a daily free pull) on my alt. Rolled hard on VDay REM last time it came around on my main and never rolled her. Why do I mention this? Because I have FOUR Scheats on my main and ZERO on my alt.

Salt in the wound: Rolled VDay Haku #5 as my free roll on my main--remember, the account with ZERO standard Hakus? (Got the Christmas Haku, too.) Gotta tag @Hansey to share that little bit of pain.

Alt trolling at it's finest, yo.

EDIT: Don't feel too sorry for me. I rolled 2 VCarats on each of my accounts and they're among my most-used assists.

Hansey likes this.
  18. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    If I don't have one on my main or alt, is Facet worth rolling for? I was considering it, but was leaning against it up until now. I usually save for godfests because there's something about repeatedly rolling the same golds that leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. I'm also trying to stockpile GFEs so I can start trading from time-to-time. And I'm not especially interested in the rest of the chase cards in the v-day REM, so I could imagine getting lucky and unlucky at the same time :p But if Facet is THAT useful, rolling might be worth reconsidering. I do have the other two gemstone princesses from V-Day on my alt and two of those egg dragons (wood and fire, I think).

19. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    what team would you be using Facet for? Carat and Sheen are more generally useful, Facet is much more niche since not many teams use TPAs heavily anymore.

20. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    Woops, I confused them. I don't have the skill boost one, which is Carat, and I have the other two (sheen and facet).