Newbie help please

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by CloudStrife, Sep 8, 2015.

1. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Hi I see that a common new player question is a request for direction from people who have done it all before. I filled out a pad herder profile yesterday so if anyone has a free minute I would really appreciate some thoughts. I tend to run a red team with Ame no Uzume as a lead. I usually have Fire Courier Mitsuki, Tyrannous, Tsubaki and KoG with an Urd, Rumbling Firedragon or Ares friend. I am currently at Rhea-Themis Temple and have hit a wall. Basically I am wondering if it is a simple matter of hang around, snag some pengdras and level for a while and all systems will be go or if I need to start looking at going in a different direction. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

2. Zaurora

Zaurora Momiji Best Girl

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Welcome to the Forum!
    Right now, your best bet is Ame No Uzume. She's a very stable leader and she's extremely lenient. She will help you all the way up until late-game if not end-game. I suggest you continue to keep the team you already have while slowly leveling Tsubaki and Tyrannos. Tsubaki is an extremely good leader due to her synergy and competence, and Tyrannos recently became a good sub because of his split evolution. I also see you have Zuoh. He is also a very powerful end-game leader, but you lack subs.

Also, if you don't know already, there is this amazing site called puzzledragonx. It gives you a lot of information on monster stats, evolution paths, materials required and a lot of useful information.

Feel free to add me. I typically have Urd or Awoken Shiva, which has great synergy with fire teams.

3. Machius

Machius Machiavellian Manipulator

User ID:
    Welcome to the PAD forums.

A fire team using Uzume (or later on Tsubaki) as your lead is definitely one of your better options, with some work evolving/levelling up your team and the addition of some better subs particularly some orb changers ('s Pheonix Knight evolutions and 's Gigas evolutions are both good farmable options) and maybe some utility subs ( and her Echidna evolutions are a great farmable option) should help you get through that wall.

At a glance your other options for teams are Hathor or Zuoh. Both of them pack a lot more power but are more difficult to use you also currently lack a good dark sub for Hathor (preferably something Light/Dark or Dark/Light).

4. Bane Shydow

Bane Shydow Nephthys Enthusiast

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'd suggest trying to farm the materials to ultimate evolve your Ame. It will add 1.25x hp to all of your fire cards and improves your hp threshold from >80% to >50%. And maybe try to farm up a red samurai goblin and skill him up to replace Tyrannos or Mitsuki. That will give you a fast way to make more fire orbs. Other than that, it seems like you are on the right track for now with Ame.

Once you get a little further, you can try to farm for Phoenix Knight, Gigas, and Echidna who are all decent farmable subs for fire teams.

Tsubaki and Hathor are both good options for late game leaders in your box, but it will probably be a while before you'll have a team that can support them. For now, I'd stick with Ame and keep working on her.

Tux likes this.
  5. Harbinger

Harbinger Outlander

I agree with the above posters on Ame no Uzume. I believe she is due for a new ultimate evo too - sometimes these are game changers and other times not so much. I would also encourage you to save up your magic stones for the next Player's Choice god-fest (PCGF). If the pattern holds, the next one will likely be late December / early January. That was where I got the vast majority of my great leaders/subs. If you really can't wait, then at least save them for Chinese, 3K, or Egyptian. Those pantheons seem to sport the best leaders and subs at the moment, though others may disagree. Good luck, and welcome to the game!

12159 likes this.
  6. Forbidden_S

Forbidden_S Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I suggest against levelling up on Tyrranos except feeding himself or flame chimeras for skillups attempts
    you'll most likely reach max level before max skill at this point

btw got a bunch of stones saved up for godfest? your next 10~15 good rolls is prolly the main deciding factor as far as your team composition goes

7. CloudStrife

User ID:
    Thanks for all of the great replies and the idea. I will continue to focus on Tsubaki and Ame and push them towards their full potential. I will also continue to squirrel away my stones since I don't plan on any IAP. I really appreciate all of the help.

8. Stunna

Stunna Dual Ronia Apologist

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Don't roll in the batman machine; it's not worthwhile for the vast majority of players.

Your account is still in rerolling range, in my opinion, but you might as well save up. One option is to make the 3x atk Uvo Tyrranos and pair him with Shiva, which can actually clear a lot of content with the right subs. Gigas is definitely worth finding to pair with Mitsuki and Echidna is an excellent sub early on.

9. Harbinger

Harbinger Outlander

Agreed. I would really avoid all of the random event egg machines.

10. CloudStrife

User ID:
    Lesson learned on the events. I rolled a few for fun but won't do any more in the future. I am going to save up for godfests at this point.