Newer player, I'm stuck with which team I should build

Discussion in 'Monster Lineup' started by opel, Jun 11, 2015.

1. opel

opel New Member

PADherder:
    link
    Started during the last godfest, rolled a few things that helped me get through CoS quick but now I'm kind of at a wall and not sure which team I should develop. I started out just running Pandora with dark subs and found another Pandora friend so I just flew through things. Once I got further surviving became difficult so I turned to Kushi and a rainbow team mostly with a Bastet friend, but it's still difficult. Any ideas where I should be headed, or am I kinda stuck unless I go IAP? My padherder is in my profile, won't let me link it yet since I have no posts.

Thanks!

Felris likes this.
  2. Felris

Felris Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Wow, you have some good cards, unfortunately they happen to be mostly late game cards. It does look like Kushi is your best bet for now but the incoming godfest features plenty of good leaders, particularly Egypt 1. It wouldn't be a bad idea to save some stones from dungeon clears and see if you can't nab a roll or two.

Working on what's in your box, you'll find that evolving your cards will vastly increase your survivability and allow you to unlock awakenings on your cards. Look up some guides on how to clear the expert level weekday dungeons to pick up your evo materials.

*edit* I forget how the new member post restrictions work exactly but I think with a few posts and some likes you should be able to post links.

3. opel

opel New Member

PADherder:
    link
    Which of the egypt gods would you say I should aim for with what I have? I'm guessing Ra or Isis?

4. Felris

Felris Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Depends on your skill level. All the Egyptian Gods have gotten shiny new awoken evolutions recently that are making them the new hip thing to lead with. With your box being so new really there isn't a direction or color to aim for; anything new is probably good :p

Bastet: Probably the best all around starter, even accounting for other pantheons and stuff. She runs off combos so building a team is easy, and she starts out simple and her evolutions allow her to keep growing. Her awoken form is currently one of the strongest leaders in the game right now.

Anubis: #onetruegod, etc, etc. Honestly the worst for you probably since if you could activate him reliably I don't think you need advice lol. He is always somewhat reliant on luck since most boards won't even be possible to fully activate on without a skyfall or two.

Isis: Another good starter b/c she is pretty easy to use. She does lack some firepower but once you outgrow her as a lead she makes a pretty good sub. Her awoken form in particular synergizes really well with the awoken egyptian leads.

Horus: Some love him, some hate him. He is the middle ground between Isis and Ra. He can beat most of the normal dungeons and can clear descends just fine. While he is plenty strong, people don't use him as much because there are a lot of other leaders that do more damage for the same amount of work. Where Horus shines is his flexibility; while he may not be as strong his flexible leader skill lets him activate on boards other leads might find impossible. His new awoken is actually quite strong and rated as the same level as other color leads like Kali.

Ra: Like Anubis, he is really, really hard on a new player. His multiplier is overkill for normal dungeons up until the last tier while being monstrously difficult to use, especially because early on you won't have the time extend awakenings from his evolutions and subs. He shines in lategame descends where his high damage is needed to burst down bosses. His new awoken form is probably the strongest current lead, but requires some very specific subs to really realize its potential.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  5. opel

opel New Member

PADherder:
    link
    You are awesome, thank you so much! This is really helpful.

6. Karsuman

Karsuman Member

Can't discount the Indian gods on the second day, either. Shiva, Parvati, Lakshmi and Sarasvati are all considered really strong in the Japanese meta and will be getting their new evolutions soon as well.

7. Felris

Felris Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Let me remind you though that you can progress just fine with your current cards; no need to feel pressured to earn or buy stones to roll in this gf. All pantheons will come by again anyways. Kushinada will get you through midgame just as well as any other god.

When I started I read a reroll guide and ended up starting with L kali, one of the strongest gods out there. Obviously I was set right? Nope. Her team cost was so high that I couldn't even field her until I was rank 70 and even then I had to fill my team with one cost subs. I got by running my starter dragon till then, including running him to clear the weekday expert dungeons for evolution mats. Here are some easy to get early monsters that got me off the ground:

: This guy and his series of cards got me through most of the early game. He makes a great zombie team lead for Friday dungeon, he has dual attribute to ping stuff down twice as fast (friday dungeon again), he has skillboosts (use dupes on his pre ultimate form, not tamas!) and his active one shots bosses early on if you prep and bring the right one. I made a full set of these guys, one per color to hit all three elements, and they carried me pretty far.

: All of these guys only cost one and have really good stats out of the box. Save a few early on if you find yourself tight on cost.

: Tricky to get early one (you might want to find a Grodin friend here on the forums) but he provides a truckton of stats and a decent active to boot. He literally made up half my teams hp for much of the early game heh.

8. Felris

Felris Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The problem is that all of these cards have endgame potential and are kinda poop (except maybe shiva) in the early game when you are dragging their non awoken/evo'd forms around without any of their supporting subs. Egypt 1 can kinda muscle through with farmable subs b/c their high multipliers.

Karsuman likes this.
  9. Karsuman

Karsuman Member

Yeah, that's true. Those awoken forms are really expensive.

Well, except Sarasvati. Her UEVO skyrockets her viability and is quite cheap, and her pre-evolved form is quite bursty if you can get some water converters. But yeah, true enough.