Noctis friends, where art thou?

Discussion in 'NA Add Me!' started by Yani NP, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Yani NP

Yani NP Believe in the heart of the skyfall Gods!

User ID:
    Would love some Noctis friends please~

2. joshuabaku

joshuabaku Active Member

PADherder:
    link
    Imma start running noctis before too long, something like noctis/dath/haku/haku/persephone or something. I'll send you a friend request when I get home tonight

3. Ikazuyr

Ikazuyr Member

PADherder:
    link
  4. Yani NP

User ID:
    Yes, please!

5. Yani NP

User ID:
    He's not a picky leader you can just use any sub with TPA and TE and he's good to go with that unconditional stat boost my team got up to 85k HP.

6. Ikazuyr

Ikazuyr Member

PADherder:
    link
    how difficult is it to get enough combos with him with the 4 or more orbs matching restriction? that's really my only concern with him. although, i suppose a lot of the new FF pixel ults give additional combos, which could help.

7. nickjr

nickjr Pushbutton kouhai of whale senpais

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yes please add me my Noctis friends have slowly been disappearing over the past 9 months
    I don't have him up permanently but I try to play him regularly because I love his playstyle
    Latents are rainbow and I SI'd hypermax DL Hades (30% regular grav) onto mine

Noctis's multipliers more than make up for the 4 orbs matching restriction. So the only thing to worry about is combo shields.
    Assuming no jammers/poison/etc orbs and no skills used:
    4-5 combos is pretty easy
    6 combos is more difficult and sometimes not even possible
    7 combos = you got godly luck for your board
    I feel like I'm able to clear the board more often with Noctis than other leaders, partly because of the TE but also partly because I'm forced to break away from the "these three orbs can get me one more combo" mentality, so I end up lumping groups of 5-7 off-color orbs into one combo, thus clearing more orbs every turn

I don't know about annihilation dungeons, but I know that for other dungeons, subattributes should still blow up a lot of stuff, especially devils (but even non-devils)
    This means 1) less need for skills and 2) less need for orb conservation

I find myself actually counting orbs before deciding which orb changer to use (whereas on other teams I just make sure there are more than two orbs of a color before I change them lol)

After using a tricolor board changer: 6 combos is possible much more often (but still not guaranteed because you can be trolled with waaaay too many orbs of one color), 7 with some luck but no god-tier luck needed like with natural boards

Combo shields that require you to make 6 combos: some are stallable [Defoud, dark Zeus], others are not but Noctis should be enough unless you have jammers/etc on the board
    Combo shields that require you to make 7 combos: use a tricolor + Noctis and hope you weren't flooded with one orb color to begin with, or get a +2 combo active on your team
    8 combos: 7x6, +3 combo active, or forget it

If anyone's curious, my subs are 4TPA Satsuki/suvo Pandora/revo Haku/HW Rozuel with Kurone SI, and I'm too much of a scrub to not use the +2sec solo badge
    I used to use LD Akechi instead of Pandora but I like Pandora's RCV and heal enhance a lot
    unfortunately not 100% OE ;__; makes my damage vary a lot more than I'd like it to
    Satsuki's a monster and could shoot through Pys easily even before the buff to Noctis's LS with this update, but I would probably take dark female hunter along for Predras (haven't actually done so yet)

Enemies who spawn exactly 3 bombs are Noctis's worst enemy (looking at you, Ninegaruda)--but if you're careful, you can still get 3 combos after you soak the bomb hits)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  8. Ikazuyr

Ikazuyr Member

PADherder:
    link
    Very interesting. I have been messing around with Nene a bit, so I have some experience with the 4 orb minimum mechanic. I might try this out a little. My alt (who has Noctis) has been fortunate enough to pull a Fujin, so I can ignore one combo shield in a given dungeon ... just need to figure out who to inherit onto.

9. Yani NP

User ID:
    I can't send you a request. It seems your list is full.

10. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I have Noctis up pretty often but not always. Send over a request if you like.

11. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Also looking for non-pixel Noctis friends.

Just pulled him but have nobody with him up. Will be hylermaxing him ASAP.

12. nickjr

nickjr Pushbutton kouhai of whale senpais

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    That's weird. My list hasn't been full in ages. Removed a few friends; try now

13. KryonX

KryonX Active Member

User ID:
    Just pulled him last night and looks like fun.
    Now i need to work on finishing leveling him and skilling him up.

14. Ele

Ele on the plus egg hunt

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I have a Hypermax noctis. Don't run him 24/7, but often enough. Non pixeled