Noctis team question

Discussion in 'Monster Lineup' started by mtb911, Jan 5, 2017.

1. mtb911

mtb911 Master Teambuilder, Mediocre player

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm building my Noctis team and here is what it currently is:

Noctis / Valk Claire / Awoken Haku / Awoken Persephone / Eschamali

Wondering about Claire and Eschamali. Game8 suggests using D/R Hinomitsuha and she has better HP, ATK and awakenings. But... she has an unpredictable active. Should I replace Claire with her?

The JP videos I see use Eschamali for the OE. Do others use her? Should I replace her for something like Lumiel?

2. Near

Near Active Member

You kind of have 3 subs fighting over a relatively same kind of role. 3 heart breakers and 2 with dark sky fall. I would get a heart maker/cleric to make the team well rounded. Eschamali contributes enough damage, so you have room for more utility.

3. mtb911

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Any suggestions for a heartmaker with TPA?

4. nickjr

nickjr Pushbutton kouhai of whale senpais

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Akechi has no TPAs and Pandora in her super uvo only has one TPA, but I like running one of them on Noctis. Pandora in particular is great for those times when RNG decides to not give me heart skyfalls and I'm finally running out of HP. I see you have Awoken Pandora and no second Pandora; I imagine Awoken Pandora works as well as either Akechi in terms of heartmaking. Akechi's enhance in his active might be overkill for Noctis...

I see you have DKali o: Not quite a heartmaker, but she guarantees 3 hearts if there are no locked orbs, so there's her (and she has 1 TPA if you're looking for TPAs)

Dark Izanami (descended boss) is another utility option, if the goal is to not run out of HP.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  5. Near

Near Active Member

I personally use UUVO Pandora as a all-round kind of sub since she's so versatile, especially her active. Since Noctis' teams tend to have "meh" kind of rcv; UUVO Pandora's heart enhance is really great for those times you're caught in a pinch. A.Pandora offers haste instead, but I'd rather take the heart enhance instead. I'd also look for a unbindable bind clearer for your team, and from what I saw in your PADherder I'd go with DKali. She might not be optimal but she'll get the job done. If you're looking to spend MP I'd get a Yomi Dragon. I use one on my Noctis team and she's saved me from some scary situations.

6. mtb911

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I've been thinking about Yomi Dragon. I just pulled my first Eschamali and that was the last thing I was waiting for. I think that would help on a lot of teams...and I could probably build a Yomi Dragon team finally.

7. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Dkali with Akechi inherit could work for a bind clearer. Great awakenings and stats and akechis active is just so damn good. I personally use at least 2-hearmakers on all my teams. Noctis wants them because gravity attacks fuck you and you need 4 hearts to heal at all which can be more of a problem then it sounds. You can kill most things with one dark tpa and 5 combos and with dual Noctis you shouldn't have a problem with keeping dark orbs coming in. You can even kill devils with light tpas.

I'd recommend eschamali, yomigon, awoken haku and jize with Akechi inherit-especially in coop. He is a monster. You might want a delay inherited somewhere for sop, Kagu, Parvati, zaerog. Actually a delay will make arena much smoother for you. You could also do Persephone instead of haku but she has a finger and helps with beelze as without her you have to waste eschamali on turning a board into a pretty useless blob and tanking the next hit then killing. Just because he has high hp doesn't mean you can forget about healing. If you get dios, lifive, Dq spawns you can get fucked. Maybe put a delay on haku? You'll most likely need it on sopdet or floor 15 do you could totally have the board change ready for floor 19 with planning. Dr haku might be great for Dkali and then use the flat 2.25 multiplier on sopdet.

Idk I usually overthink arena and try to have something ready for every possible spawn but once you have a nice setup figured out it becomes way more fun

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  8. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    I bought a Yomi Dragon for the Noctis team and others. It's really good because:
    a) It helps to have at least one heart-maker.
    b) You want some kind of bind clear. This team needs one badly in some dungeons.
    c) Yomidra is 4 dark and 4 light, which is perfect for Noctis's LS.

Okuni is maybe my most wanted monster for this team because delay is coming back as a useful thing. I've actually been running Christmas Lilith over Eschamali a lot of the time.

mtb911 likes this.