Non-ALB end game players, what do you run?

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by nocutename, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Paul Blank

Paul Blank Defeater

User ID:
    Paul
    Guess I'm the odd ball out here but Noctis can do just about anything fast. He's my go to solo lead. I did my last one shot with him that ended in one shooting the Zeus Dragon for no stones. Recently though I did pull Yamamoto and not Aizen on the last day and it's pretty sweet when just one row of 6 fire orbs and no other combos is 1-1.5mil per guy and a few combos makes it over 2 mil per guy. Toshiro from bleach also opened up avenues for water farming. He isn't Zeus Dios level but let's a lot of water blob leads go just as fast e.g. Nep Dragon.

Soon we will get Meridionalis in the Heroine R.E.M. For a lot of people Meri will be faster then ALB because of a few reasons. Meri will have no skyfalls which hastens a run significantly sometimes. She also has a higher ceiling at 100x vs 64x. Her power for just a row (no skill usage) is still 56.25x when ALB is limited to dungeons that have less floors then the team has moves since he's only 6.25 for a basic row and 16x if you have 9 orbs and no skill use. Meri does have a downside over ALB in that he is bindproof with a bindclear built in but the move is redundant over two guys. ALB also can't dios swipe a combo shield where Meri's move is built to best that. You can always use the bindproof leader badge to make your Meri bindproof and put a bind clear move on her or make a spot for one since the team is less dependent on every spot being a strong orb changer.

TLDR: Roll for Meri when Heroine comes around.

Dando and RageSedai like this.
  2. Argly902

Argly902 DALTON

PADherder:
    link
    Shivadra. Or if anyone will believe it, GZL

awkward.fistbumps likes this.
  3. honestrade

honestrade Well-Known Member

I've been using Shiva Dragon still but will probably be switching to Yamamoto. I only farm solo though.

4. Gr33nDr4g0n

Gr33nDr4g0n Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I've just been doing A3 solo with Aizen. Not much else to do right now other than farm MP in (insert rogue here).

5. philsov

philsov has sufficient privileges to post here

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The only things I co-op are hourly dungeons, for the most part.

Daily stam usage is generally spent on either doing the day's rogue dungeon solo on L+, or Arena 1. Sometimes a descend if it's an event for the plus eggs. Play is usually casual; like <10 minute sessions. Arena 1 can last me several hours, effectively, lol.

I'll be trying A3 once the SI/stat boost goes live like the filthy casual I am, possibly hand-in-hand with ult Ra dragon because that'll be amazing.

That said, for harder content I run either heart cross (Myr/Sumire/Izanagi) or someone with HP/RCV boosting like Artemis/Balboa, Krishna, or DKanna. For easier content its either Krishna or DKanna or Vishnu or someone with minimal activation requirements.

I'm not a fan of the ALB style of gameplay, because pushbuttons means little to no actual puzzling. But it is fast, easy, and reliable, and great as a means to burn off stamina.

6. Lunasu

Lunasu Member

User ID:
    Lunasu
    I play solo 100% of the time, so I never got on the ALB train (I do have one, though!)

For mindless farming (carnivals, bi-weeklies, weekdays, most descends), I use my Cloud System team to just button-TPA through most floors.

For anything else like arena, currently using my D.Kanna x Aizen team. Very fun to play and very strong.

If there are things I can't beat with D.Kanna x Aizen, I turn to my trusty old B.Myr team.

7. nocutename

nocutename I still stink after 1100 days but I am still here.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    @HappyNoms Thank you for the thoughtful reply back. I use Discord. I tried MZeus carry request about 3 months ago. No takers and the main carry player stopped taking request. I have the A Ra with delay team too. I am tired of awaiting in Discord for someone to pick me. It just takes all the fun out of the game. The harder descends or challenges, I normally solo because either I play or the other guy plays bad. It is too much energy to sync up schedules with forum members. I tried that too and ended up getting burned once (I wasted a lot of stamina too) or life happens and it gets canceled.

8. Haku-ku-ku

Haku-ku-ku Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Threads like this make me avoid coop like plague. I just look for pickup games those rare moments I feel I can actually coop without dropping

9. Freddyfudrucker

Freddyfudrucker Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Freddyfud
    Nonsense!

10. awkward.fistbumps

awkward.fistbumps semi-retired from pad. Full stam most days

PADherder:
    link
    If you run gzl , even just ocassionally, I'd like to add you on my friends list if we aren't friends already. I have some teams I run more than others but if I see your gzl up I'll prioritize that lol

11. MagicMatcher

MagicMatcher Sacred Life Cow <3

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Before I got my ALB, I did a lot of rogue farming with Perseus (Z8, Scarlet) and Freyja (Linthia). Hard to find people who are willing to run with what you need though. Did a bit of leading with Dios too. Had MZeus for Z8, and Miru was usually my fall back option worst comes to worst. Guerrillas would be handled with button teams. In the case that I need to dump stam quickly or don't have anything to run, A1 DC with Miru is my friend, or I just solo 10x descends with whatever lead I want

awkward.fistbumps likes this.
  12. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I dunno. I usually dont have problems finding people to coop with my ilm (pairing with either Minerva, Ilm or Tifa, and in on hilarious instanceon Liberty Geist, Krishna), Revo Shiva, or Tsubaki. And when i run ALB i regularly pair with Dios, Perseus, Australis and even Verdandi leads.

And everyone and their mother just runs Aizen now.

I dunno, sounds like you just have rotten luck.

CloudnineXXX likes this.
  13. zoebme

zoebme Member

I made an alt account on a second device and mostly coop with myself with whatever synergistic leads I was able to roll (or later buy with MP). This way, I don't have to bother with other people. I also found it quite fun to play another account from the beginning and carrying it with my main. It's amazing how quickly you can level an account these days...

14. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    Ok. So...

While I agree forum scheduling is a hot mess, if you are sad pandas about being on the hunt for months for RaDra mechaZeus material and discord isn't panning out, we can hook up sometime.

I have all the relevant cards, though I'd have to go lookup what inherits Ama heal this or Indra shield that, and what the preferred machine killer base card Amon/DLyomi sub is these days. (Or Zera?). Presumably I can combo adequately enough. I tend to be a fearlessly adhoc genius solo and go tripping balls derpy when I coop and actually start being excessively over-aware about what I'm doing and second guessing my orbs and moves.

Shrugs. Anyway, am game if you're well and truly stuck. I've hit the point where blowing a day of stamina or a spare stone is a whatever...

Dacho is still the preferred sauce? I kinda think if both players are semi-competent and reasonably boxed both side can perhaps just run RevoRa in more of a fair fight style with a SuperGunma on both sides for constant actives, 1 utility base sub each, two board change each, 1 lead boost inherited, 1 lead 2nd gravity inherited, but I haven't studied mechaZeus floors/compositions in ages...

Anyways, just putting it out there.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    Paul Blank and nocutename like this.
  15. Awoken Mark

Awoken Mark Reincated coming soon to NA

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    NA. I'll fix it in my profile.

16. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Krishna and Sarasvati slam through M Zeus pretty nicely these days for those who want to have both sides playing. Only part that's particularly RNG is Zeus floor and if your 2 color board that you get from your Mori or Sonia inherits or whatever you're using is good or not.