Octoberfest

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by sgt502, Oct 1, 2017.

1. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    October Quest. Post your rants, brag, frustration here.

So far, I only did C8~10. C8 is easy and C9 wasn't so bad with Sakubana (Sakuya/Tachibana). For C10, I use BHunter co-op with my alt. Took four tries before I finally nailed her. F1-F6 is stall able if you need to. Just make sure you have enough HP to tank Meimei or just blast her.

For Noah, I use Sheena+Ganesha+Thor to kill her before she nukes me. She can be delayed first turn, has two turn CD, and if you can't kill her within her 75% shield, you have three more turns before she nukes you but if you don't have something to manipulate her all-water and rotates orb on center row thing, it's nearly impossible to kill her. I just wait out until the rotate orbs is gone, pop Keiji Maeda (all orbs locked), then Ganesha just in case I can't kill her (died three times before, using Apocalypse board which is not so reliable for max combo), pop Sheena and Thor. Sephiroth does all the work with his God Killer.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    Vaedriel likes this.
  2. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I wish this Octoberfest came with a free beer. :rolleyes:

3. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Did C8-C10 solo. Will co-op the rest.

C8 was Anubis/Diablos with little fanfare.

C9 was also Anubis/Diablos with Verdani for FUA, DAthena for floor 1 and Gaia and then Shiva to easily trash the King Badtan and Gaia.

C10 was a nightmare at first. I tried with Meri a few times a never passed the first floor. Went Anubis/Diablos and beat it first try. It was a close call on the final floor though.

4. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Did C9 and 10 coop.

died like 5 times on C10 because i kept rolling Shuten Doji's 7 combo skill and getting heart trolled causing us to burn a ton of actives. one time i died going into the Ares floor because i miscalculated the heals and tried to get cute and died to the preempt.

on the 6th try, Shuten Doji finally rolled a color absorb and he was an easy kill for FUA. rest of the dungeon was largely a breeze. Orochi on Noah, killed over three turns, hitting three times to the shield (and God is she tanky. had a 21-9 Light board of full enhance and the two rows only did 60% damage) and got her to about 5%, then partner tickled her to kill after the shield.

We went Ares/Shiva on C9, ended up burning my nerva spike because Hamal went blue, friend lasered the kingtan with a ra inherit, we smacked the shit out of lifive with tsubakis, and i use balboa to kill the boss no fuss.

5. ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene Mostly Retired. Still A Lazy Shit.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I keep dying in C10. Can anyone with Diablos co-op it with me? Stalling is too hard with him solo, and the awakening ban after Thoth is throwing me off. One does not simply stall back from the delay when one needs 7C for the shield.

And my damage seems to be too limited with 5x6. Neptune's light resist is a bitch when my teams rely on Yuna for DPS. I would rather just have a second set of actives and bulldoze through.

I made a thread about it in the Matchmaking section, but my sense is that nobody goes there.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  6. bp1976

bp1976 Pittsburgh, PA Born and Raised

User ID:
    My C10 build:

I probably way overkilled everythin but better safe than sorry:D

7. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Attempted C10 three times tonight with Co-Op of Tifa/Ameno:

Main: Tifa>Saria / Ilm / Viz>Maeda / A.Ganesha / AThor>Apolluo
    Alt: Ameno>ROrochi / Ilmina / XiuMin / ADQXQ>LSatsuki / LMeta>Odin

1st try I made it all the way to FL4 with no issues and was smacked down while awoken skills were blocked (I didn't have Odin SI'd on Meta on that run).

2nd & 3rd attempts the RNG gave me the s**ty Shuten skills of Dmg reduction + Dmg absorb + awoken skill block one after another like 3-4 times in a row. I really hate this guy and his s**t game mechanics. Some runs you can OHKO his @$$ and other runs he owns you. Bastard.

Murdurus and xer 21 like this.
  8. xer 21

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    just stall the awoken bind. You can tank his hits.

9. Tiquity

Tiquity Need more Andros. Send help.

User ID:
    Shiny new swimsuit leads.

10. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Smashed through everything with Ameno co-op except for the all attribute one, just went in blind with Ra Dragon. Failed on 10 a few times for not realizing Noah is on a 2 turn timer and being a little too late to PAD, will probably complete it today.

11. tanpopo

tanpopo adventure!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I just stoned shuten-doji since his combo shield is the only one I can reasonably get through and not enough hp to take his hits in solo mode.
    IMG_20171002_133310.jpg
    Noah rotates middle two rows in 7x6 on a 2-second timer, luckily got a good enough meimei board to play around it.

sgt502 likes this.
  12. arditi

arditi Mostly a lurker

User ID:
    Minerva cheese works for c10. Thanks to the guy on padx for posting that reminder

ViewtifulGene likes this.
  13. xer 21

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    C8, cooped with Sakuya x Beach Tachibana.

that full board blind was unexpected. but that's a powerful team, and we made it through first try.

14. scrubbo

scrubbo Have you ever punched a donkey? Event Manager

User ID:
    Got C9 using BMyr with for shielding with Awoken Neptune to poison King Tan and Gaia.
    Did whatever the all colors one was with BMyr/LMyr combo. Still crying at the thought of C10.

15. xer 21

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    the whole C10 is a damage check once you get past floor 1. you just need enough HP to survive the Ares Preempt. a delay also helps on noah.

what leads do you use (assuming your sig is out of date)? I feel like new L Meta could crank out enough damage to do it. you'd probably need three or four turns of double light crosses on noah though.

16. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Mark me down as Minvera cheese on C10 as well. I got tired of being trolled 1st floor with Anubis/Diablos by not having enough hearts or orbs seperated enough to do combos to one shot him, because every.single.time he'd one shot me. Never ever would use use some skill that didn't do damage.

But with Minvera team, WHAT DO YOU KNOW, he has OTHER MOVES???

Fuck you.
    Anyone else wanting an easy clear:
    Floor 1 - Stall for all skills then just grind him down (I changed him to red for safety), be careful once he's low if he takes away your awakenings he can kill you with his rage hit
    Floor 2 - Change him to red, stall until Hexa-tentacles (you take this hit) while stalling set up your board for kill shot. His shield will be gone, I used Nerva Enhancement to make sure.
    Floor 3 - Stall as much as you can heal while clearing the board so you can eat poison and still heal. His binds can be tricky so you want to make sure your team is clear going into the next wave. Be ABOVE 10,789HP!!! Before killing
    Floor 4 - Delay, I used Hydra. Try to save orbs and get him to red at a minimum, blow actives if needed, but don't kill him too fast as you want puppet up next wave. If you get him under 20% he stops changing colors so you can safely grind to dead.
    Floor 5 - Change to red, grind, kill
    Floor 6 - Same as above
    Floor 7 - Change to red and win

Key inherts are delay, Saria or some board change for kill shot and bind clear is helpful, besides that you need a burst and the last spot can be another orb changer.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  17. scrubbo

scrubbo Have you ever punched a donkey? Event Manager

User ID:
    Oh man, I didn't even consider Minerva cheese... I think I will try it. Probably very stone friendly.

My current leads are DAthena, BMyr, and I'm working on Yog. Been playing off and on for 4 years, so I have tons of cards.

18. Zaurora

Zaurora Momiji Best Girl

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    C10 was relatively easy with L. Eschamali. We used Apolluo for the burst.
    Screenshot_20171002-170741.png
    Diaochan was the the MVP with the locked orbs removal and dark/light resists.

19. KeViN

KeViN Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Cleared all challenges. Did C8-C10 solo. Used DAthena for C10, Claire's debut, think I made a good purchase. Just have a few descends to clear and I'm done.

20. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Which Claire you go with? Healer or Attacker? I might buy her for those killers.