Old but INEXPERIENCED PLAYER

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Riley1-23-01, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Riley1-23-01

Riley1-23-01 New Member

User ID:
    Hello PAD forumers, I played PAD around 2 years ago and made it to rank 50 (I know that's not very high) but I'm back and looking to start taking this seriously. Before I was an awful, AWFUL PLAYER, but now I'm looking to try to become better at this game, as I now see some of the complexity and strategy.

Any useful tips for well...a beginner? Before I just used to play the normal and "daily" (Mon, Tues, Wed, etc...). But now I'm looking to make a well functioning team, and conquer some harder dungeons :3

My lead right now is the Cyclone Devil Dragon, the one in my profile picture, but I'm looking to find a new lead and make him a sub.

(Please let me know if I'm using all the terminology wrong)

Also I have many many questions about putting together a team with little to no resources, and what attributes to use/ skills to look for. The attributes I'm most drawn to for the aesthetics are dark and water :p

Any advice would be much appreciated, looking for some guidance before I get frustrated with the game and delete it again.

I look at all the online guides and they make my head hurt from all the number crunching/combos/multipliers. One of the main things I like about this game is the matching and "puzzle" aspect of it, as well as the artwork.

So pls help me.

2. MagicMatcher

MagicMatcher Sacred Life Cow <3

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Welcome back to PAD and welcome to the forums! :D

In regards to teams, what cards do you have? Listing them out or uploading screenshots would work, or you could make a Padherder for ease so that people can help you with team building.

Sherufanir likes this.
  3. Sherufanir

Sherufanir Eschamali unlocked <3

User ID:
    Sheru@PF
    PADherder:
    link
    I'll help were I can! Just list some cards you got an lets go from there.

4. Riley1-23-01

Riley1-23-01 New Member

User ID:
    Okay that's a good idea, majority of my monsters are really bad and probably are good for mainly fusions. Actually it's quite embarrassing. I can list out all of the monsters I have which are at least somewhat decent, excluding evo materials.

Okay before when I played I was pretty obsessed with the dragons, and I ended up getting rid of some decent cards in the process of leveling up my "dragons". So now I realize that was a big mistake, and that it's probably better to stick to 2-4 types in a team and not the rainbow I was attempting to get before.

I did the bleach collab machine (got grimmjow and rangiku) and the dungeon, so I have the majority of the bleach characters from int-expert. I guess those could be considered more decent cards?

How does the Padherder work?

5. Super Random Box

Super Random Box REM Trolled.

Grimmjow will do for a while, but it is very outdated. (3x atk only)
    Rangiku requires a lot of effort for nothing. 7 combos for 2x is a cruel joke. :(

You can add monsters to pad herder or just post screenshot of your monster box. either work.

6. MagicMatcher

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, most teams are best if you stick to focusing on one attribute. But early on, this isn't much of a priority. Just focus on working with what you have, better things will come down the road.

Grimmjow and Rangiku could work as lead early on till you get better things. In general however, collabs are not good places to roll. Roll the REM during Godfests if you want things that'll improve your teams. There is one coming soon on the 31st and it lasts 3 days.

Padherder is a website where you can add what cards you have and display them. It's a nice way of organizing and seeing everything at once. Screenshots/lists work too.

Riley1-23-01 likes this.
  7. Riley1-23-01

Riley1-23-01 New Member

User ID:
    Screenshots it is. Just gotta spend a few minutes cropping them, cause like many other forums I've been on there is a Max 1mb limit.

IMG_4671.jpg

IMG_4672.jpg
    IMG_4674.jpg
    IMG_4675.jpg
    IMG_4676.jpg
    IMG_4677.jpg
    IMG_4678.jpg
    IMG_4679.jpg

8. MagicMatcher

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You don't have much to work with right now, but if I had to choose, I'd go with:

|

Basically sticks in your strongest cards with your most compatible lead for now until you get something better. Not sure if you can field the team cost though.

Right now, I'd focus on getting stones to dump into a good Godfest

Riley1-23-01 likes this.
  9. Riley1-23-01

Riley1-23-01 New Member

User ID:
    Lmao I knew it xD

Actually I got that thing that adds 100 to team cost (From quests?) so I think I'm covered there.

Best way to farm for new cards?

10. MagicMatcher

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Not a whole lot of good cards are farmable early on. Most of the good ones come from descends, but they may be difficult to tackle until you get a better team and develop it

11. Riley1-23-01

Riley1-23-01 New Member

User ID:
    Okay I'll take your advice since you were the first to answer ^_^
    I'll be using that team for a little while,

IMG_4680.jpg
    and you said to wait for god fest and use magic stones? How to accumulate magic stones without buying them? (I got a few from some dungeons awhile back, for completing them I guess? o.0).

Thanks for the help!

12. Sherufanir

User ID:
    Sheru@PF
    PADherder:
    link
    Your best bet is to continue to clear and climb till you get enough stones to roll in a godfest (Or you could roll BLEACH REM and go for like Rukia/ Ichigo or even Yamamoto, Aizen wouldn't be bad you'd just have to wait for the subs.)

The team @MagicMatcher suggested is all I see currently.

13. MagicMatcher

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, completing dungeons give stones. In addition, we get free stones during events. One starts Thursday. There should be 10 stam gift dungeons to clear daily, they're pretty easy and don't hit hard. Clear them and you get the drop and a stone per day.

14. Riley1-23-01

Riley1-23-01 New Member

User ID:
    Awesome thankyou.
    Knowing my luck if I rolled Bleach REM again it would be something terrible!

15. 00gale00

00gale00 blarghhhhhhhh

PADherder:
    link
    One more thing - whenever you see a dungeon with "Egg" in the title. Eggcelent blessing or whatever, go ahead and clear it. Free Tamadra (don't spend, hoard) + stone.

16. Riley1-23-01

Riley1-23-01 New Member

User ID:
    Okay :)

17. Seanna

Seanna Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    There's an infrequent dungeon starting on Thursday in Coin Dungeons, called Dark Carnival. It offers some options that are easy to farm, easy to skill up, and would be useful pieces for your team. I'm thinking of this Mystic Dark Knight especially, who evolves into Chaos Dragon Knight, Voice. There are also a lot of other good dark farmables there that might be worth picking up and skilling up at the same time, so it can be worth running a bit during the next week.

Coin Dungeons will become available when you reach rank 80. There's an Experience of a Lifetime dungeon starting, which will give you a lot of ranks in one go plus one stone for clearing.

Clearing stuff for stones is a priority since most of the best monsters come from the REM, but if you get stuck or want to do something else for a bit, Dark Carnival should be good value for your time :)

Riley1-23-01 and Sherufanir like this.
  18. Sherufanir

User ID:
    Sheru@PF
    PADherder:
    link
    Rincarnated Voice is soooo good with his double donger. I love using him honestly when I need short CD orb changers.

19. Riley1-23-01

Riley1-23-01 New Member

User ID:
    There is one problem atm right now, I did the experience gift dungeon but that only brought me to rank 69, still 11 shy of rank 80.

I did get some magic stones though by completing some of the technical dungeons :D

20. Seanna

Seanna Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ah, that's right. I mixed it up with the 2x rank exp version which is around for some events. But you will probably rank up just by clearing stuff during the event, so you may want to give the coins a look next week :)

Riley1-23-01 likes this.