OLD/FROZEN - [Team Building] Dark Metatron Team Guide

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and Dungeon Strategies' started by zaisha, Sep 24, 2013.

1. zaisha

zaisha Member

RE: [Team Building] Dark Metatron Team Guide

I had that same thought at first, but it's gonna be months before he may, or may not, return...and tamadoras really are not rare. at the rate of 1-2 per hour, I happily maxed out all my metatron subs in just a couple days. I'd recommend reconsidering, especially since the samurai dragon awakening skills really are quite useful.

2. zaisha

zaisha Member

Does anyone farm starlight sanctuary with dark metatron? I'm interested to hear what team setup. I've only tried it a couple times, and have never found a team I really like. last night I tried 2 teams, something like hanzo / gryps / arthur / flamie, and then satan / nobunaga / kenshin / masamune. first team hits harder, last team has the hp to take a hit from anyone. because the last couple bosses hit so hard, I got stuck a few times where I either healed up, or couldn't ohko...and was unable to continue, and I hate that.

3. bloodyduster

bloodyduster Member

I farm starlight sanctuary, but my team is not good enough to farm zeus/hera. I'm stuck at farming goddess of harvest :(

4. Eilar

Eilar Member

can you add me to the main list?

I know i'm friends with many of you already but still need several more strong dark meta on my friend's list!!

5. carmellolover

carmellolover Member

User ID:
    384,913,469 (DLL@PF)

I have about 60% success rate at Zeus. The goal is to get your hp as low as possible right before the first "boss" (wave 8). I try to keep mine around 20%-simply to keep from accidental overheal, and also having enough dark orbs. I haven't really done calculations on how much I need minimum to kill each boss, but I just clear as many dark orbs along with any other colors that aren't relevant to my attacker's damage (for me, blue and green). The rest is luck to get through 3 waves of boss. I pop d meta, and one orb changer at wave 9, and d meta and my two other orb changers at wave 10. Flamie for either wave 9 or 10 depending on number of orbs available

my subs: hanzo, gryps, duke vamp, flamie

6. raiod

raiod Member

Got my 6th Tamadra, Dark Metatron is now max level and fully awoken!
    Now I have to reconsider if i really want an awoken Nobunaga... But the -1 Skill is so tempting... :/

7. Divine

Divine New Member

Just maxed mines as well as well as fully awakened :D. I'm also speculating perhaps the new batman collab might feature attackers types..

8. zaisha

zaisha Member

fwiw, I did some zeus runs with meta today, tried a variety of lineups, but ended up mostly using satan / vamp / hanzo / gryps. It was somewhat successful, but not particularly stable, so I didn't post it in the main thread. too much relying on luck to get through the first wave, and then either the chimeras or zeus, I don't think I 0-stoned it more than once or twice.

I found much more stable and reliable success with a satan team (vamp / gryps / baddie / then either hera-is, hera-ur, drawn joker, or echidna), but still would usually have to stone once, unless I got really lucky and could stall early on.

zeus is really such an unimportant god at this point, I don't so much care, but the idealist in me would still like to max skill him out

9. Proc19

Proc19 New Member

I tried Dark Meta and Satan on Zeus today as well and couldn't find a stable team for either that could consistently 0 stone. I think I'll have to work on skilling up the Big Flamie and Big Baddies to get those to be more consistent.

I used a Goemon/Horus/Echidna/Mastering/Lucifer team to farm him to max skill in one of the previous events. That was a pretty stable 0 stone team for me and was relatively easy to stall/heal on stages 1-2 for 30+ turns.

10. Supersamurai

Supersamurai Member

I have no doubts as to DMetas attack strength, but as I've been using her, I see an issue with using her.

It's really an unfortunate fact that most (or ALL) of the best Meta subs are REM dependent or special dragon dungeons that have just passed. This really limits the potential of Dmeta teams as you can only mix and match so much with constantly available farmable subs.

Also, when it comes to stalling for skills, how do you guys do it?

11. zaisha

zaisha Member

correct. either you have the subs or you don't. if you do, it's no problem. if you don't...you have to get them. it's one of the most inaccessible teams no question, dark meta himself is quite rare to begin with. but don't confuse difficulty obtaining with difficulty using. there's no issue with the potential of the team, just issue getting all the pieces.

I'm not sure what you mean about stalling for skills. I've never had difficulty stalling, most of the time I stall more turns than I want to. And the longest skill I ever recall needing to wait for is metatron's, which is at most 15 turns. (or an unskilled flamie at 17 turns...but the answer there is skill it up at least to 15 to match metatron). With a awoken team, you have at least -4 skill CD from metatrons, then somewhere from -1 to -4, usually -2, more from subs like the ninjas or samurai dragons...so starting with around -6/-7 turns, very few dungeons are short enough to require stalling, and difficult enough to need to. (zeus happens to be the only one I can recall that fits that description)

Can you explain maybe in more detail the scenario you're running into, then maybe we can shed some light on how we would deal with it.

12. ///KM

///KM New Member

My current team consists of:

Dark Meta (max awoken) / Hanzo (max) / Arthur / Sasuke (max) / DVL

I was rolling the REM for Gryps Rider (the only sub I'm missing), and came across another Arthur. The question I have is, do I feed it to Arthur 1 for awoken skill (and feed 2 tamas to max it), or level up a second Arthur (and max awoken it down the line) to replace Sasuke?

I'm leaning towards keeping it since I still don't have Gryps...wanted to get some input. Thanks guys.

13. Supersamurai

Supersamurai Member

Oh I was just curious, and your explanation makes perfect sense.
    But then again, awakening the team is a pretty significant investment.
    ~And I totally agree, Dmeta is a bit fragile in terms of hp (at least for me) but considerably easier to use imo than say Ra, Goemon, or Kirin.

14. dddddEnkx

dddddEnkx New Member

i had rerolled several times and rolled a d. meta as a first roll.. is it worth playing my first roll d. meta account?

15. bloodyduster

bloodyduster Member

I would say it depends if you are IAP or not. Her subs are all REM only rolls, so unless you are willing to spend money, it will be very difficult to put a team together.

16. Noobzilla

Noobzilla noobest of the noobs

User ID:

Godfest coming up in 2 days. I thought what if anyone got a second Dark Meta? Would you put her in your team as a sub?

17. Dyabolique

Dyabolique Member

I'd only if I had no other choice. Running with two already gives you 2 Orb empowers a 3rd is overkill and other then being a stat stick adds 0 utility to the team. I guess if you're running 3 orb changers and 3 metas you could empower every change but I can't think of a situation that is even ideal for.

18. bloodyduster

bloodyduster Member

With the new Batman collab, I think it may be possible for me to farm king of the gods.

Dmeta/Dmeta, Gryps x2, DD batman, DW batman.

19. Noobzilla

Noobzilla noobest of the noobs

User ID:

I just checked the batman collab stats. All three batmans seem pretty good! You can even lead with D/W Batman with 3.5x att for Dark when hp >80%. D/L Batman too since DMeta and Gryps have light in them.

D/L Batman (physical) - 3703/1348/32
    Gotham's Protector - 3.5x Light Att. ATK when HP is 80% or higher
    Electric Impact - Delays enemies' next attack by a bit (2 turns delay, 14/9 cd max)

D/D Batman (attacker) - 1990/1700/183
    Dark Knight - 2x HP & ATK for Dark Att.
    Intimidation - Slightly delays enemies' next attack (1 turn delay, 11/8 cd max))

D/W Batman (balanced) - 2998/1295/313
    Supersonic - 3.5x Dark Att. ATK when HP is 80% or higher
    Batwing - 2x Dark Att. ATK for 1 turn (15/12 cd max)

20. bloodyduster

bloodyduster Member

Yeah, D/W Batman will make a great lead. D/L Batman is good for HP and 2 turn delay on a Dmeta team, but since he is not an attacker type, his damage will be insignificant. D/D Batman will be a better sub.