OLD/FROZEN - [Team Building] Dark Metatron Team Guide

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and Dungeon Strategies' started by zaisha, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Clev

Clev New Member

RE: [Team Building] Dark Metatron Team Guide

Lemme ask. Doesn't having a satan on the team allow you to use his skill to push yourself back into the supaDAMAGErawr zone? Granted if you can stall long enough for him to get there... I guess kinda hard/impossible

2. Karmakazae

Karmakazae Member

Satan is a good sub to use for certain dungeons, especially when farming. But you play like a Satan team. You won't have to get back into the high damage zone because you never leave it once you are there, unless you die. In other words, you can't conventionally heal with Satan... And it shouldn't take 35 or so turns to beat a dungeon.

3. awake

awake Member

The only way I can see using satan with some healing is a max skilled quick/heal/cute skill and wasting another non attacker slot. Like Iris or MOG Archangel, but I doubt it's worth a valuable spot on the team.

I would say the only reason you'd want to do this is of you have a maxed satan, healer, and DMeta, but no other good subs?

4. Karmakazae

Karmakazae Member

Nah, it's an Attacker team. Just kill everything. Satan just let's you not worry about accidentally healing out of the damage zone.

5. awake

awake Member

Most attacker subs have such low rcv, I'd rather have the ability to fix a damage zone/stall a few turns than have satan and die... Does Satan become a better sub when you have hanzo/gryps?

6. Proc19

Proc19 New Member

Satan's other main selling point is the fact that he gives 3 dark row boosts, which is an alternative mechanic that allows team builds that don't need a Flamie or typical gravity/delay augmentation.

7. Giorno

Giorno Member

Satan is a very good member, in the way it stops us from accidental healing ourselves, getting us out of the sweet zone. i seldom, close to 0, see it being used on 'descends'. its mainly used in teams for farming purposes (including legend difficulty 2 week dungeons, collab dungeons), so it doesn't matter with his skill, you'll nvr get to use it before u clear dungeons.

if Satan is in the team, that dungeon prob don't pose much danger without RCV. descend wise, it's better to bring in utility monster instead of Satan. for example -damage taken%/delay/orb changer etc.

Satan is a very good sub regardless of hanzo/gryps, in terms of farming. like i said before, its a matter of a Dmeta attacker team (just throw in any attacker u can get, everything dies with 16x ATK w/wo king flamie), or a successful descend-able Dmeta team (are u willing to throw in stones to get REM-only members like gryps/hanzo/yomi/DDbatman/ssnosn/kushinada?)

8. zaisha

zaisha Member

It all really depends. I use satan in descends where I can't afford an accidental heal (i.e. if it will put me in a place where I can't take a hit and continue), and/or when his additional HP allows me to hit an HP breakpoint that otherwise would be impractical or impossible. but otherwise, yes satan tends to be mostly used in farming bi-weeklys/collabs, the easy to mid-range difficulty stuff.

9. zaisha

zaisha Member

I'll probably kirin/umiyama/satan it, whatever makes the most sense. It does seem particularly unfriendly to dark metatron teams...but we'll see when it comes out, what is available, and where everything stands then.

10. moogie

moogie Well-Known Member

I've been toying with my Metatron for a while, but have been very sad by my lack of Hanzo :( and Gryphs Rider. So I haven't really used her yet.

But she is luring me back in, so I'll be giving her my next set of Tamadras.

My question (if this has been mentioned, sorry), how viable is a second Metatron on the team? I actually have two extra in my box, and I read in another thread suggesting it. I figure if you awaken her, she's got to be one of the best stat sticks in the game.

11. Supersamurai

Supersamurai Member

What's the game plan for beating Zeus with Dmeta?
    Since I don't have light or dark riders I feel this seriously limits the viability of this team.

12. moekou

moekou Need some suppositories?

Yes, she's a great statstick and better than a Skydragon. The awakening skills would be especially helpful.

13. zaisha

zaisha Member

added my results of hera-ur to the descends section of the guide, will add here for discussion/replies, etc.

Mythical difficulty.

Hera-Ur: Demonic Fire Queen - Mythical

Team

cost me 3-4 stones. I think it's doable with 1-2, extremely hard to 0 stone with the 2 pre-emptive 10k attacks.

monster stats: (all max lv, max awoken)
    Metatron (+297, skill lv 4: 12cd)
    Hanzo(+1 hp, +1 atk, max skill)
    Gryps(skill lv 3: 11cd)
    UFO(max skill: 8cd)
    Flamie(max skill: 12cd)

14. Divine

Divine New Member

15. zaisha

zaisha Member

Sorry, I don't play master/legendary difficulty, feels a waste of time to me. I'm sure other people do, maybe check hera-ur victory thread...most people there don't do mythical.

Or maybe someone else reading this thread does master, and can answer your question directly.

16. awake

awake Member

Anyone going to try for gryps/hanzo this godfest?

17. moogie

moogie Well-Known Member

Riders are, sadly, not part of their carnivals, so no buff to Gryphs drop rate. Hanzo is available though, I'm probably gonna roll for it.

18. awake

awake Member

Are you gonna roll with just shadow waltz or wait for the godfest to start? I would assume wait but I've heard two different sides from my friends so far

19. moogie

moogie Well-Known Member

I want Jp 2.0 gods so I'll likely wait.

20. Divine

Divine New Member

I see. Btw just got a hera using your meta +297! Thanks mate!