OLD/FROZEN - [Team Building] Dark Metatron Team Guide

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and Dungeon Strategies' started by zaisha, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Divine

Divine New Member

RE: [Team Building] Dark Metatron Team Guide

Vamps new busty evolution is pretty sick hitting that 3.7hp. Still not as high as them Samurai Dragons, but definitely hitting that twinlit dungeon once its released. Also maxed out my tsuki yest in one go just for that new busty ulti ;3

Running Kog with around 70-80% success.

Usually try to conserve dark orbs or pop vamp at stage 8, but usually 3dark +combo of 3-5 with Meta enhance usually brings down the first boss. Second boss i pop flamie for insta kill. Can usually manage if i have a good board. For zeus i just go with ares/hanzo for the finishing blow usually going with two horizonal for that row boost plus meta enhance.

Team for Kog is Meta +115 Max Awake, Max Hanzo max Awake, Max Ares 1 (awk) 1 Vampire (liege) Max lvl/Skill + Flamie Max 1 (awk)

2. Jim Me

Jim Me New Member

We run the same team for KOG,
    I made an earlier post that I think could help you raise your success rate.
    http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=19501&pid=252990#pid252990
    I've lost count of how many times I've ran it now, but doing it this way I've not failed yet. Taking the hit on floor 8 really removes the possibility of healing out of the zone.

3. moekou

moekou Need some suppositories?

How viable is this setup for KoG, and what's the best strategy with it?

Dark Metatron
    High Dark Ninja Hanzo
    Red Giant Gigas
    War Deity Tsukuyomi
    King Flamie

All max leveled except RGG at lv 50ish, with Hanzo and RGG at max skill. Dark Metatron is fully awoken and has 115 +eggs split in HP and Attack.

4. Karmakazae

Karmakazae Member

I'm currently working on fine tuning a KoG lineup that is a bit unconventional, since I only have Arthur amongst the key Attacker subs. I've had 60% success so far, but part of that is figuring out what I need to OHKO Zeus. This is the lineup:

I thought it was quite a coincidence that some of you were talking about using Persephone as I was testing this team out last weekend. I use jim me's plan to tank a hit at Tiamat, which allows a little orb housekeeping gradually taking him down. I use Persephone on CDD. Then D/D Batman on Zeus, and more orb housekeeping including matching whatever dark orbs there are to take out whatever HP I can (and because they get converted to dark). Then pop AB Blackbird+Arthur+Dark Meta and hope for OHKO.

Where I have come up short is against Zeus, but I've almost always had enough dark orbs to make a 2x6 combo due to an essentially 3 orb conversion to dark (light, fire, heal). I need to dig up bloodydusters damage calculator.

This can be more stable with better play, especially comboing against Zeus, since the team is losing out on some dark Attacker ATK with Arthur in there. I haven't awoken Arthur or Batman yet for the additional row enhancement each, so that could also be significant.

---------------------------------------------------------

@moekou, your KoG lineup will most likely hit a wall either against CDD or Zeus without a dark orb maker. You could tank a hit against Tiamat and use those turns to ping him down. The idea would be to conserve dark orbs for CDD, but that will be hard with your lineup without something off color (like Arthur or Ares or something). If you could save up a row of dark orbs for CDD and pop Flamie, then that team should have a chance with the orb changers available against Zeus.

5. OrangePeelPanda

OrangePeelPanda Member

hrm, how is blackbird bomb as a sub? I wish I had thought of it earlier to farm it for skill ups =x

6. Karmakazae

Karmakazae Member

AB Blackbird is enormous burst with Arthur heartbreaking, and it is dark Attacker damage which is the only reason I'd even consider using him (over Flare Drall). I don't think it's that important for him to be skilled up, since he has a CD of 14, shorter than Dark Meta. I think I got 1-2 skill-ups without trying, and have 3 more to feed come event time.

7. Jim Me

Jim Me New Member

Karmakazae is pretty right on with what he said.
    I'm not sure what subs you have available but this is what I'd recommend.
    I'd pair Hanzo with Ares, Byakko, RGG in this order, they provide nice bust for bosses.
    I'd also sub out Tsukuyomi for Persephone or Vampire.
    The big problem with this lineup is you're relying on 3 people to do all your damage, and if you run RGG with Vampire you're rolling the dice on hearts dropping to convert to dark for Zeus. If you had Ares, Arthur or Gryps I think you could do KOG fairly easily. Unfortunately I think you're 1 god/card away from a good team to run this consistently.

8. Jim Me

Jim Me New Member

I would try this out,
    Sub out Blackbird for King Flamie. I'm not sure If this takes you below the HP breakpoint for floor 8. Batman/Arthur/DM on CDD should be enough to kill him in 1/2 turns. Persephone/Flamie is OHKO for Zeus.

9. triggerhappyinc07

triggerhappyinc07 New Member

Working on my dark meta team. Desperately in need of dark meta friends add me if anyone has room :)

10. Karmakazae

Karmakazae Member

Thanks for the tip! 1st time run worked like a charm. Got lucky with a 2 timer on CDD, but I ended up getting a OHKO with D Meta active row combob + some stored light orbs. I'll give this a few more runs to see how it goes, but it certainly feels more secure having Flamie there for Zeus. I am finding that the extra turn from D/D Batman is quite invaluable in allowing for orb management.

FYI, AB Blackbird has less HP than King Flamie, haha. The dark ATK is decent at 1560.

11. Proc19

Proc19 New Member

Genbu is another option, if you're experimenting with lineups. For folks with a Gryps, she creates a board that's convertible to 2/3 dark (similar to a Hanzo/Byakko pairing). She can pair with HQP or CDK as well, but you'd want a 3rd dark attacker in the lineup somewhere to make the damage break most likely.

All in all, I've found the method of tanking on Stage 8 vs. running with Satan to be about the same in terms of stability with fully awoken/leveled squads, with the latter requiring a little less thought and care. For a team that isn't yet maxed or fully awoken, I think the former sounds like a more stable build.

I've been trying a Satan/Goemon/Hanzo/Gryps lineup lately because it offers me a great chance of being able to tank Stage 8 no matter what I run into initially to put me into the sweet spot. My Goemon is finally low enough CD to be usable!

12. awake

awake Member

proc what did you use to farm Goemon for skillups (if it was a DM team)

13. Proc19

Proc19 New Member

I've run two lineups:

DMeta/DMeta/Hanzo/Gryps/Arthur/DMeta

DMeta/Vamp/Hanzo/Gryps/Arthur/DMeta

Both are usual 0 stones for me at this point. The most important thing is having an orb changer up on turn 0 (Hanzo in the first case, Vamp in the second) so that you can wipe at least 3 ninjas on stage 1. After that, it's usually possible to stall for a few turns on stages 2-4 as necessary as long as you keep your DMG and enemy HP in mind. Stages 4-5 play out like your typical back-to-back boss scenario (e.g., stages 9-10 on KoG).

EDIT: Depending on your RCV, you do have more opportunity to stall on Mitsuki than on CDD (on KoG), so it's not exactly like that. Just don't overdo the damage to her if you want to stall for a few turns or setup a better board.

14. Karmakazae

Karmakazae Member

So between these 2 lineups, I have had slightly better success with the 2nd one with Flamie. I flubbed a few times because I didn't setup to tank a hit against Tiamat, and failed due to sky heals - user error. Having Flamie and the security of being to create a huge hit against Zeus feels safer.

Also, I haven't awoken the row enhance skills of Arthur or Batman, so the team only has 4, the bare minumum to go for row combos. I have 11-12 Tamas right now, but am just holding off on awakening them until I figure out which Twinlit team works best for farming. 6 row awakenings would increase row combos from essentially 22x spike to 25x spike (against Zeus, that's 66x vs 75x with Flamie). I think that will make it slightly more consistent.

15. vicentetx

vicentetx So many skill-ups, so little time.

Thanks again. I see your point, and so thought I would run both Hanzo/Ares/Perse/Arthur and Hanzo/Ares/Vamp/Flamie today to get a better understanding of the mess that Perse could leave me to deal with on the Zeus board. Now that I am not having trouble healing up going into floor 8, both are pretty stable. But surprisingly it is only the Vamp/Flamie strategy that has failed twice, both times on Zeus. Both times I put together two big fat rows of dark orbs, but both those times Zeus was left with just a little bit of HP. One of those times he luckily spawned on a 2 turn timer, so I was able to take him out with a desperate completely unassisted combo with the new board I got after my attempted OHKO (was happy because I'd snagged a Dub that run). The second time he got me.

So far I have not failed with the Perse/Arthur lineup to have the needed number of orbs in a configuration I can rearrange to get at least two good sized rows in against Zeus. Since I have eaten all the hearts and light orbs going in to Zeus, generally the only non-dark orbs I have after popping Ares/Hanzo are green and whatever skyfall whites I got coming in from floor 9. On occasion I have been worried about having 6 orbs left to separate dark rows, actually, and those can be messy I agree. That does not seem to be the issue you were having though.

I am going to spend some more time with the Hanzo/Ares/Perse/Flamie lineup as well, since that seemed to work well before I got stuck on the Arthur team. I like the fact that the Perse/Flamie team gives flexibility about whether to pop Perse one floor 8 or floor 9 if things go haywire. For me, the trick with any team containing Flamie is that I can only make the HP breakpoint with a pretty maxed out DMeta. Thanks for lending me yours, Jim Me! (C:

Just for everyone's reference, the team members I am currently using are:

DMeta, max level, max awoken, +43, +45, +41
    Hanzo, lvl 96, max awoken
    Perse, lvl 81
    Ares, lvl 68, twice awoken
    Arthur, lvl 78, max awoken
    Flamie, max level, max awoken
    Liege Vamp, lvl 78

I probably also need to do the math on my team to figure out exactly how many orbs I need for each floor.

16. Rib

Rib New Member

I've been running KOG at a pretty high rate with this team:

DM
    Ares
    Hanzo
    Gryps
    Flamie
    DM

7: 5 red orb mass attack + heal to full (add in 3 light orbs if you get a blue demon spawn)
    8: tank the hit, and then kill with 1 row + 3 combos, conserve light orbs

9a: if i can get 9 dark orbs after using gryps, then I go gryps + DM, 1 row + 3 dark orbs + 1 combo for the kill
    10a: Ares + Hanzo + Flamie + DM for easy overkill

9b: If I can't get 9 dark orbs, then I use Ares + Hanzo, conserve light orbs and as many dark orbs as possible, again, DM + 1 row + 3 dark orbs + 1 combo for the kill
    10b: gryps + flamie + DM, 1 row + 3 dark orbs for the kill

I've tried using flamie to guarantee a kill on 9 with minimal orbs and having Ares+Hanzo up for 10, but I find that sometimes I leave Zeus with ~10-20% if I don't get any help from sky combos and have too many greens/lights

I just picked up a D/D Batman, might experiment with putting him in there somewhere

17. zaisha

zaisha Member

anyone run the new batman collab successfully with meta yet?

18. EddieEdit

EddieEdit Member

Hello fellow Dtroner's!

I need advice on whether my current dtron team is able to take me far enough into the harder descends. I recently ran Goddess Descended and it was such a disaster. I kept dying on the first stage and had to burn 3 stones to take down Valkyrie. My question is whether I have the optimal subs (no gryps....) right now to take me into the late game or should I be focusing on another team until I have the right subs.

Thanks for your input!

19. weaaah

weaaah Member

0 stoned it with arthur, gryps, ares, and hanzo on legend. played it like how i would for KoG (sort of). arthur/gryps for bane then ares/hanzo on joker. was pretty easy

20. Pharazin

Pharazin Member

Wtf do I have to do to get a Hanzo!?!?! gfkmdpoiegjfiodsfgduyisa