OLD/FROZEN - [Team Building] Dark Metatron Team Guide

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and Dungeon Strategies' started by zaisha, Sep 24, 2013.

1. raiod

raiod Member

RE: Dark Metatron Team Building

Ok, then Metatron is my Nr.1 mob to awaken :D

2. Rannio

Rannio Member

Here's a story from the weekend with my D Meta team:

I finally got all of the sub pieces for my team last week (Kagu, Freyr, Sasuke, Gryps) and took it out for a spin with the tier 5 normal dungeons.

Even though all the subs are fairly low level (total HP with friend = ~10K), the team was just blowing past everything. The only annoyance is that if you get a sky heal combo right before the boss, then you're in for an interesting fight. To fix that, I eventually replaced Freyr with Satan, and that made things much more predictable.

This weekend I tried running OOH with this team. I decided against using Big Flamie because things were so quick with the tier 5's so I wasn't going to be bothered trying to stall. Big mistake!

A couple of runs went fine until I had one where I hit 3 mystic masks on consecutive turns. I managed the first two, but by the third one I was out of dark orbs and the skills weren't up, so I died. With both masks dropping on previous turns, I decided to stone to continue, with the 3rd mask dropping. Some luck.

The big bummer came at Neptune when I failed to OHKO him due to a bad board setup (my fault). Instinctively I stoned but then I realized that there's no way I could complete since I can't get back to 16x before getting killed. So there goes 2 stones and 3 mystic masks.

Anyway, disaster could have been averted had I been more careful. Lesson learned is that 1) don't get too overconfident, 2) bring Big Flamie, and 3) you get one shot at the boss!

3. ExTav

ExTav New Member

Currently running a Chinese God team, but recently rolled meta and looking to build up some friends so I can switch! My Meta is still low level, but if any meta-users have extra room on their list, i'll get mine up there soon!

add me 312 566 292

4. Justin

Justin New Member

Yeah, I frequently hit 10+ combos before neptune while farming ooh and can never do anything about it. However, I really disagree that you're stoning on OOH, even with 2 masks. You'd be better off using that stone to replenish stamina and get another 5+ runs in.

5. Rannio

Rannio Member

I totally agree with you. It was a spur of the moment thing brought on by several weeks of pent up frustration of not getting mask drops, even on event weeks, but that's an off-topic discussion. :)

6. zaisha

zaisha Member

I would *happily* trade a stone for 2 mystic masks...but to each his own.

and yes, in ooh you have to be a little bit careful, but honestly what you described has only happened to me once in a couple hundred runs (dying on neptune). I've never died to a mystic mask, as you can easily break their def even without dark orbs...but I can imagine it happening with a really unlucky 3 turns of orbs.

one thing I find that really helps reliability, is to use sasuke...so that you always know you will have your green orbs, and you even have a really solid chance of ohko-ing neptune, even without king flamie.

7. tommy21

tommy21 New Member

Half way there!

8. raiod

raiod Member

Damn, I had no luck with tamadras in the 5 metal dragon runs i did yesterday. But I refuse to use the PAL Machine without a good event or spent stones on metal dragons without 2x Kings.
    Fortunatly there will be an event starting tomorrow! :D

9. Divine

Divine New Member

Just rolled another Dragon rider.. might as well use it for awakening?

10. SirPony

SirPony New Member

can u add me to the list plz:) SirPony 367.474,253. ty

11. zaisha

zaisha Member

I've seen a lot of people awakening their Dark Metatrons, keep it up! Mine is at 3 right now, those little guys are pretty slippery.

Dark Meta is one of the best uses of tamadoras, since your chance of pulling more in the REM, even if you IAP heavily, are really low...and his skills are very useful, especially the Skill+. -4 turns makes a huge difference for all of the 12-17 skill cooldowns that sometimes we have to stall for.

Also worth mentioning, 2 fully awakened Metas + Satan = 70% dark damage increase if you match a row of black orbs. nothing to scoff, especially in cases where you have to match 5 anyway for a mass attack, or after a hanzo/gryps convert where you have a board mostly filled with dark orbs and can't realistically split them all up into groups of 3.

I will be adding awoken skills to the guide soon, once we have some actual game experience with them.

Also, if you run any of the descends in this coming even with your Dark Meta team, please post about it here. I'd love to expand the dungeon strategy section, and I'd love contributions from all of you. thanks!

12. zaisha

zaisha Member

Yup! no real use for 2 of them, and more powerful to have the awakened skills.

13. Divine

Divine New Member

I was just wondering if they would ever push out the EVA Collab dungeon? The eva series is full of attacker types and some of them seem very promising.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=706

14. raiod

raiod Member

This is my Dark Metatron team at the moment, still needs a lot of xp though...

[​IMG]

15. T K

T K New Member

my dark meta team: just need more dark meta friends :)

16. OrangePeelPanda

OrangePeelPanda Member

so...jealous...

17. Divine

Divine New Member

Did you roll gryphs outside godfest? Riders don't even seem to appear for me during godfest

18. Alsl

Alsl Member

User ID:

I cant decide whether to invest exp into Omega night skydragon elysion or to wait for nobunga to return. Any opinions?

19. Rannio

Rannio Member

I picked up 2 Gryps in the last Godfest, as well as a Sasuke in about 30 rolls. :D The funny thing is that I was rolling for I&I for the cuteness factor and never expected to pick up the two monsters that I could really use for my D Meta team. The REM works in devious ways.

20. Divine

Divine New Member