Oldest members.

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by MamaPotosi, Mar 5, 2015.

1. prem

prem ill learn to spell one day i swear

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    it was like 20 stones for a zeus was a great deal i believe?

2. Fluffles

Fluffles Radio-Reactive Member

Proc was the person to go to back then for Zeus since he maxed his early, it was actually not easy to do since gold dragons came around only once every 1-2 months.

Biggest reason people were stoning hard was probably because Egyptians were not as wide spread back then and most people invested in a mono team. Checking back at that portion of my box I literally had 0 mono leaders besides Zeus if you count that, but had Orochi/Susano/Hades which were probably the best subs at the time for Ra. Maybe I should probably be more thankful to the REM for only giving me Ra....

3. Efreet

Efreet Well-Known Member

User ID:
    302 818 310
    PADherder:
    link
    lol, really an interesting reading, im probably give a go the the valk thread the day after XD
    btw the last post is a 100 stone clear..

4. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Way fewer people tried for Valk 'cuz she was a less strong leader who couldn't be skilled up (except through the Descend), plus a lot of us had rolled her already. But you can read about Sederien's valiant effort.

5. Marioman95

Marioman95 AKA YoshiFarmz

User ID:
    Guess I'm old for an eu user?
    Maybe? Idk...

Been here over a year. Joined maybe a month or so into the game.

Was here when the eu section came to be (and looking forward to whatever the forum crew decide to throw at us in future!)
    :D

6. prem

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    valk descended was hilarious back then. you cant even power stone through it without crying lol

7. Obelisk

Obelisk Active Member

I started November of 2013, it felt like I missed every new craze by like a couple of months :(

I'm a gemini so when my first pull was U & Y, I didn't even know it was good, I just said "This game knows me" and kept playing.

8. Organic

Organic Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I think I joined around the end of the Valk age. People were starting to feed off their +297 Valks to Horus.

9. prem

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    i dont remember that actualy being a thing, mostly because at the time valk was like one of the best horus subs lol. valks started being fed around the dtron era

10. Dabs

Dabs Dabs Dabs Dabs

The older members whom were well liked, contributed a lot and so on, probably left or went inactive for X amount of time both on here AND in game due to IRL (In Real Life) responsibilities/priorities. Such as new jobs/careers, pregnancies (seems to be a frequent cause in a lot of games forums members whom suddenly depart) and other major causes for sudden, unexplained time of absence, or sudden permanent departure. That's implying most active, educated type posters, whom contribute a lot of useful & vast info are older (21 & up). I only say this from experience myself over the years of jumping from game to game, app to app, with the corresponding active forum time spent on said related games and/or apps.

It's a shame I don't know some, well most, of the old-timers. It's nice to have talked too the mature, well known and respected users whom can past on their wisdom. Unlike some of the well known users who only want to be known on social media mediums & such. They start off bearing nice knowledge, but end up only resorting to posts & such just for the attention & constant recognition and/or need for attention for simpler posts, that others are posting. Only difference is that they're not doing it for the "fame and/or glory" which in my opinion doesn't mean diddly squat unless you're monetizing your efforts somehow, be it AD compensation on YouTube and what not. Even then, they should still be doing it for the SAME REASONS they begun helping out before being "well-known" to start off W/.

Just my two cent rant at the end, it's a general statement for all users on all forums regardless of the forums subject of choice (game/APP forum).

11. Infinity1176

Infinity1176 lf hkali

User ID:
    338 108 334
    PADherder:
    link
    I have no idea about what was popular when I started; I feel that it was Valk since there were always hypermax valks popping up on my friend list and that what people talked about here, but I guess it wasn't her since the Valk era seemed to be in 2013.

Also @dabs, that whom should be a who

12. awkward.fistbumps

awkward.fistbumps semi-retired from pad. Full stam most days

PADherder:
    link
    I'm fairly new. I started when the dqxq hype was just starting. And I rolled her so I felt immediately relevant and probably why I stuck with the game until I got hooked lol

13. qyu

qyu Well-Known Member

User ID:
    i started when horus/isis/lucifer/valk were all in the big leagues with zeus somewhere slightly behind them and adk/mono colour just began to fall out of flavor. i will never get to get an adk for the first time and feel accomplished ;_;

14. Vorpal

Vorpal Ded

Dat feel when my Dragon Knight has never been evolved into an ADK.

15. tevvie

tevvie Lives in the arena Staff Member

User ID:
    336 338 295
    every descend clear thread was like. 50 posts of "yeah i used lucifer 1000 years ez mode" and i was super jealous because i was stuck with red starter dragon.

and then i rolled lucifer.

pidimension likes this.
  16. prem

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I honestly have never had an Adk yet lol. Lives that valk life from the beginning lol

17. tevvie

tevvie Lives in the arena Staff Member

User ID:
    336 338 295
    I went back to play with ADK after reading rons dragon blog lol. It was pretty fun.

pidimension likes this.
  18. IronH

IronH Paralysis by Analysis

That EdGamer thing was totally unexpected. He apparently wanted to make a grand exit in a big fireball (made a speech then asked a mod to perm ban him). While doing all these he somehow felt the need to mention my name, probably because I was one of the few who (successfully) stood up against his condescending attitude (equalling IAP as a sign of low intelligence and low skills) and hence made an impression on him. I then tried to remove his ban but was told that it was his wish all along. Oh well.

19. frostmourne16

frostmourne16 House Elf Rights Activist

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Really? ADK was one of my first subs (back when I was still pulling from the REM stupidly outside of GFs). Kinda paid off now that I have a Gronia to roll with. :blush:

Still, a bit envious that you rolled a Valk from the very beginning - mine dropped on my first Legend run (on the first try, too!) with a 2 Stone loss. :dodgy:

20. prem

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    its okay i was a valk obsessed guy from the beginning also and stoned a few times getting multiples back then LOl