Optimizing my Kami Team and do I have anything else?

Discussion in 'Monster Lineup' started by Noc, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Noc

Noc New Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    Hi everyone,

I rolled about 20 times with most of my early game stones and, sadly, had pretty questionable luck. 0 GFEs and half of my six star rolls were LZL and Guan Yu. The others were Misteltein (ugly art, but he's doing great on Kami), Ma Chao (awkward active), and Astraea (meh). I don't have the money to spend on stones, so my box will be changing pretty gradually from this point forward :p I was actually so frustrated I took a break for a couple of weeks. Anyway, I'm back and I'm trying to optimize my Kami team with what I have. My current team is UEVO DX Kami/Mistelheim/Tethys/Kakkab/Brunhild. A semi-retired friend offered to trade me a hyper-maxed Grida, so I'm thinking of tossing in her, Spica, or Castor on my Kami team. Originally Castor seemed like a no-brainer since the Awoken version is D/G, but then he loses god-typing (which my future DMeta won't like). I can also make Awoken Spica instead, but py are a problem (see below) Any suggestions on how to proceed with this team?

And are there any other teams hiding in my box? I would love to mix things up a bit, especially if I have a lead that doesn't require lots of combos and that offers a little more damage control. I can beat most Mythical descends, but I'm struggling to farm Py in A1 because I lose to Sopdet 100% of the time and Parvati about half the time. I don't currently have access to an active that can deal with their damage absorbs :(

Padherder link: https://www.padherder.com/user/AltNoc/monsters/

Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  2. bp1976

bp1976 Pittsburgh, PA Born and Raised

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hey there. Welcome to the board. Looking at your herder, looks like you have had some rotten REM luck, sorry to see that.

You have a reasonable Kami team though. You really want to focus on dark and green though, as Kami is not a rainbow lead. You dont need to cover all colors, and frankly, you dont want to. I would sack Brumhild, Tethys, and Kakkab from the team and add Spica, Castor (Feel free to awaken him, you can undo it later rather easily), and either DMeta or Zeal as your fourth sub. Pair your Kami with a friend Kami that has fujin inherited, that shouldnt be too hard to find and should let you clear A1 with some regularity. If you need a board change (which you do), evolve and awaken your Cauchemar, he makes a good board for Kami that is dark, red, and green with a shield.

As far as DMeta goes, Mega DMeta is not color restricted and you have an interesting option that looks like your best team, and that is to go water TPA focused, with Orochi, Tethys, BValk, and Muse (All god types). You have a spike with Muse and TPAs are a little easier to play for new players. Youll need to find someone with a DMeta that has a HP reset inherited as a friend lead, but that shouldnt be too hard to find.

This is all just holding until you get better cards of course. And remember to keep practicing, none of us were full-clearing boards right away. But you need to be able to combo to clear the hardest content. Good luck!

Noc likes this.
  3. Noc

Noc New Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    And I just got Creuse and Leeza from my free Remdra pulls. This is what happens when I hope for more wood and dark :(

4. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Don't sleep on Leeza. While she may not become a mainstay of your team long term because of the bad stats, short term she has utility: She has a super low cooldown of a reasonably useful (and more importantly, predictable) skill that you can spam, or use as an inherit base. On top of that, dragon and attacker killers are both fairly useful, and reasonably safe from absorbs.